Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ October 2006 #2

Default OK, it appears I was wrong....

Just back from appt with gyno, DH's sperm was fine (wooo hoooo!!). Apparently his count is quite high but his 'quality' could use a little work, most likely due to the fact that he's a smoker and works in very hot conditions, but overall, it shouldn't cause us any problems.

My progestereone levels have improved quite a bit this cycle so that was a BIG surprise to me, I thought they'd be low again considering my LP spotting has continued, although it did start a little later in my cycle this month. My levels have gone from 20.9, to 25.6, to 60 this cycle so I am quite happy with that, as my Dr said "you ovulated beautifully". So why aren't I UTD???? Stupid body!

So as it appears I am responding to it after all, the plan is to continue on this dose (bugger, was hoping for an increase to 100mg - still might do this - um ma!!) for 3 more cycles and then re-assess. He is happy for me to go unmonitored from now as we know i am responding well to this dose.

I am still seeing an FS on Thursday for a second opinion though. I know I am probably just being impatient and pushing a bit too hard, but I just can't help it. I've been wanting to have another baby for almost 12 months now and it just gets harder each month.

Michelle, I read what you said about 'when your body's ready it will do it and not before' in the other thread I posted. It does make a lot of sense but it's hard to go from a woman who takes 1 month to fall to a woman who's now taken 6 months.

Mako and Chelle, I hope we are all feeling a bit better soon and finally get our BFPs next month!! And you too BW, Hayseed and everyone else, I don't want to leave anyone behind!!!
    Last edited by Willow; October 17th, 2006 at 01:45 PM.

Hi Girls

Thanks for your reply Hayseed...well i have a request form from my old FS to have the Hysterosalpingography (phew!) basically a high resolution ultrasound with a special contrast being flushed through my uterus and hopefully out my tubes. Apparently this ultrasound is so good it can see the tubes and if there are any blockages or debris or mucous which may be hindering conception...I have picked a sperm donor from the states and i even have a baby photo and an adult photo of what he looks like!!!! It is rather expensive, but due to the lack of ID Consent donors in Australia they have had to accept less than optimal count and quality donors now and the vials from the states have a much higher count and quality per vial. I'm starting to get really excited.

Doc said that we will be trying clomid first with hCG injection for trigger to time everything perfectly...and then onto injectables if that doesnt work...i have a good feeling that everything will be fine. Thanks again for your reply Hayseed and good luck!!

Hi girls. I needed to come and chat to you guys because you are so great to let everything out to. I went to my OBGYN this morning and had my scan. This month there is no dominant follicle at this stage. There is a small one on the left hand side that she thinks will mature enough but now we just have to wait. Argh I hate this waiting all the time. What concerns me the most is that she said that judging by the size of the follie it would most likely mature enough within the next week but I am away for 3 days on the weekend for a work trip to SA. I am just concerned that it will pop while I am in SA and DH in QLD. (Mmm do you think I can fit him into my suitcase )

I just had a really good feeling about this one and I thought that if I had a follie there today she would give me my usual Pregnyl injection and we would have at least three nights to make babies. The other thing we spoke about today was that if I don't fall this month she thinks that we should start to consider IVF. She told me originally that if we weren't pregnant within 6 clomid cycles then that would be it with the clomid. IVF scares me a little bit, not only the process but also the cost .

Anyway I am rambling, sorry to do that to you but I needed to get my concerns out there.

I hope that everyone else is ok. Sorry to the girls that have just got AF. Damn witch why won't she just [email protected]$* off.

grrr to AF, Mako! Although, trying to turn it around to a positive... at least you didn't have to wait 80 days like my last cycle! Good luck with the new cycle you have just started.

Willow, congratulations on those excellent levels! Spotting doesn't necessarily mean that you can't conceive, but I can imagine how it is making you feel.

Ktgirl, I'm guessing you can't have the trigger shot as the follie isn't mature enough just yet? 3 days... ugh! Not ideal, but just make sure you BD just before you go, and as soon as you get back, and you shouldn't be completely out of the running. Hopefully your follie will behave nicely and pop before you leave or after you get back. Good luck!

Last clomid tablet last night and first day back with the kids today - I'm completely and utterly exhausted! Headaches up a little, hot flushes down a little (or I was just too busy to notice!)... I guess I'm now beginning the waiting game to see whether the clomid will work for me or not... and beginning the marathon BD effort to see how we go!

to everyone.

BW

Woo hoo Willow - those progesterone levels are great (and remember mine were 90 ish one cycle and we didn't conceive then either Damn numbers!!) Stick to the 50mg at this stage - you know it works well and you don't want to overstimulate yourself. And I know the "when its ready" comment doesn't help (especially when you have conceived quickly before) but I completely understand the desire to have a child ... NOW!!

BW - bring on that BD fest (and enjoy it ... that's an order!!! )

Enjoy it... hmmm... I'm hoping it's just that AF has only just left, and things aren't going to be this way through my whole cycle... It was so dry last night it was practically painful!!! I think I'm going to have to read up on ways to increase CM, and perhaps grab myself some pre-seed too.

Does it get better the closer you get to O?

BW

Michelle, congrats on your HCG rise, good stuff.

BW, I haven't had any dramas with cm as yet but have definately noticed I don't have as much. We used pre-seed last cycle, just to see how it went. Didn't really notice a difference but it was fine to use so I would recommend it if you're having problems.

hi guys!
    FYI- i amd also now postingin the MC and L threads too

BW- i noticed a huge differnce in CM around O time. i got huge clumps of EW around this time and it dreid up pretty much after O. I used preseed as well andi think this is why we concieved_

i really feel that this is your month!!

hi everyone else

Hi ladies,

BW, I am one of those that does not produce a lot of CM naturally, so when faced with prescribed BDing, I have to use some help. We used pre-seed this time round. Good luck with it.

Megan, that all sounds quite exciting. Good luck with it, hope the results are 100% ok from your scan. Picking a sperm donor must be quite a task.....did your FS put you onto the US donor? Is the anonyminty stuff 100 % over there, or like here, and at 18yo the child can access the donor's details?

Kate, IKWYM about being a bit scared facing the possibility of IVF. When it happened to me, I just could not believe it. I couldn't come to terms with the fact that I needed this amount and extreme of medical intervention. For me, it never worked and that was an added stress. I know that the costs given to you are sometimes just so big, you can't even grasp it. Let's hope it doesn't come to that for you.

Willow, that news is great! I haven't had my levels done (maybe I should), so I don't even know if I am Oing. Cripes.

Well, we are not going to continue on with the "porescribed" Bding this month. It doesn't seem worth it given that we missed CD18 anyway. And there is no way that I will have a viable egg in me at this point of my cycle. FF gave me the option of picking an O date based on my OPK (my temps have let me down again this month...grrr...). Based on this, and where I am in the year, if I conceive this time, my EDD would be my son's birthday!! (6th July). I'm taking that as a positive sign!

Hi to all.

Thanks for that, ladies. I'll hang in a bit longer, bit if things get too bad, I know there is a pharmacy in Castle Hill that stocks pre-seed, so I can get it pretty quickly if I need it.

BW

BW, even if you got it from Lullaby Conceptions their delivery time is pretty impressive - I ordered it at about 3pm one day and it was here by lunch time the next day! You aren't far from me so it'd probably be about the same delivery time, maybe a day longer.

I'm going to order some OPKs from them this month too, it's getting too expensive to buy them from the supermarket every time at about $20 for 5.

Hi Girls

Hayseed some of the US donors are anonymous, but some are open donors and they are the only ones that aussies are able to use. Our Clinic uses a particular company and will only import ID Consent donors due to the legislation in Qld. The reason they are starting to import is because there is a lack of donors in Australia at the moment because its illegal for donors to be compensated and many are uncomfortable with the fact that they have to be ID Consent...

Well since my last post, i have contacted my FS and the clinic have agreed that i can continue to use my aussie donor as much as i need to and the cost is included in the donor sperm registration fee of $425 that we already paid in June...so no need to get a US donor now... I quizzed the Donor Program lady a fair bit about our donor yesterday, his count is excellent, he is young and healthy, he has had previous pregnancies by both IUI and IVF...so we are sticking with him for the time being...specially since it will only cost us $140 for the insemination and we get $80 back from medicare...Not sure what meds i will be on just yet...anyway getting a bit ahead of myself...have to get the results back from the HSG first!!

Default Bad news from FS appt....

Hi guys. Just wanted to pop in and tell you how I went today - not good. My new FS did an internal ultrasound and it appears that I have another cyst, this time on my right ovary, more than likely another endometrioma. He is also concerned about some fluid that appears to be in my pelvis and thinks the likelihood of scar tissue and adhesions from my last surgery causing problems for us are pretty high.

So after a chat about our options I have been booked in for another lap, hopefully next month but this has not been confirmed. Debbie, it will pretty much be the same procedure you've just had and he will also remove the cyst.

So it's not looking good for us and IVF is a definate possibility depending on the outcome of the lap.

I'm having it done at St George public hospital which is a long way from where I live but this is where he operates. He really was lovely and caring and has even put me through as an urgent and as a public patient so it won't cost us anything.

He has recommended I keep taking the clomid in the meantime and has increased the dose to 100mg which I'll start tonight but the chances of it working are now looking pretty slim.

To say I'm devastated by this latest development is an understatement. I don't know how much I'll be around, I think I need a bit of a break from BB and need to spend some time getting my head around the fact that I'll be having my second surgery in 6 months and the fact that it doesn't look like this is going to be easy for us. I have considered walking away because I don't know if I am strong enough to keep going.

Thanks for all your support girls. I will pop in and check how you are all going and hopefully I'll be back soon. You will all be in my thoughts.
    Last edited by Willow; October 19th, 2006 at 08:19 PM.

Willow,

There's nothing I can say to make you feel better about things just now. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do... I can completely understand the feeling of needing to take a break - I have done that in the past and it did help in a lot of ways. I also know all too well the feeling that life keeps kicking you when you are down. I honestly believe that as everything cleared for us and we finally got good news, that the time will also come for you.

I'm nearly crying for you now... Know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you, and I'll be here to support you no matter what you decide.

BW

Hi Willow,
    I'm so sorry to hear your news. Keep your chin up sweety and know that I'm thinking of you.

Willow, completely understand your wanting to take a break from the whole thing, including BB. Sometimes I find it is best to just keep to ones self. I am thinking of you and hope things will be brighter soon.
    I take my first Clomid tablet tomorrow and I am a bit sad about that. Don't know why. Don't want to get my hopes up about it especially because if it doesn't work for us it will be the end of the road. At my age and with 3 gorgeous kids already, we will not be going down the IVF path.

A big hug to you and remember, we will be here for you whenever you want to drop in.
    Debbie

Hi girls,

Willow, I'm very sorry to hear that you have hit yet another stumbling block. Nothing I can say will make it right, but please know that you are in my thoughts.

As for me, well, I am CD24 today and along with a dip in temp (0.3), I had some brown tinged CM this morning. Sigh... I'm praying that it is nothign sinister, but I'm being realistic too. This whole thing of not being able to get pg this time, is really starting to freak me out. Even though I know that DH doesn't feel this way, but everytime I tell him I've started spotting or AF, he gets this real disappointed look and I feel it is my fault. This is completely irrational and not the case, but I feel liek that all the same.

Fingers crossed for me girls. The next couple of days will tell. I was so hopeful this cycle despite the reduced BDing........

HI everyone,
    I just wanted you all to know that at my obs appointment on Thursday we discovered our much loved Eggbert had died. It would seem he/she died on either Wednesday or Thursday as Eggy was measuring perfectly at 13weeks and 4 days.
    I will come back when I feel stronger...
    Thankyou all for your love and support during this pregnancy...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast