Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid and/or Metformin ~ October 2006

Thanks girls. We may just do that. I think when this all started there was a larger group in the clomid / met thread and ... you know how it is when you join a group that is already established (even if they are welcoming and very supportive women). It was just a quiet little corner where some of us who had experienced traumatic loss of a pregnancy and then the *challenges* of AC sat. It is weird but TTCAML has been fabulous for me and so have the girls in clomid / met. This little corner gave me access to someone who had experienced both.

And right now I am sitting in a very difficult place where the support of Deb and Willow (as well as Debbie, BW and a few other floaters) is vital to me making it through the next few days. I will either be a very happy person or a very sad one - and for both I will be on my own due to DH's work.

Michelle, I'll be around no matter where you are.

Whether it's to be sharing as you rejoice, or a shoulder to cry on... I'll be there.

BW

you will never be on your own here Michelle. We are all wonderful women who can cope with anything life throws at us because of the continuous and loving support from fellow members.

best of luck sweetheart

Thanks girls. I am hoping for a positive but know the reality too. It's just a few more days of waiting and seeing.

Hi Girls,

I know your trying to clear out your thread but i thought i might join in too if thats ok?

I was just hoping that i could hear some insperational news from any ladies that are Pregnant who have PCOS and were on Metformin alone to help them ovulate. I have PCOS and am on Metformin. I only started temping at the beginning of my last cycle and when i took it to my Gyno he said that it looked like i had ovulated and that it was a good sign however DH and i have been trying since June and still nothing. I know it hasnt been that long and even health couples can take a while but i would love to hear from other ladies who have been through it too.

Thanks BW good to know I am welcome. I guess it is a good thing that this thread is getting a bit empty must be a sign. Hopefully we will both get out BFP really soon. Good luck when you start taking clomid. I bet you must be excited about starting it. Lets hope you only have to take one months worth and you won't need any more.

PS Wish I was on holidays!!!

Hi Walking art good to have another newby to this thread with me. Hope you get your BFP really soon too.
    Last edited by ktgirl; October 5th, 2006 at 01:15 PM.

Welcome, WalkingArt.

I've been on metformin alone since March. Unfortunately it's done bugger all for me, but I am glad that I tried it by itself. I've heard many, many stories of metformin alone being the trick and I sincerely hope this is the case for you.

It's nice to have lots of lovely new people coming in - I was starting to miss my old friends, but it's nice to have new people coming in to share our journeys.

Although, I'm sure Danni will come in and lecture us all, new or not, on how we have to be out by christmas!

BW

out by xmas? This thread will WELL AND TRULY be closed down before xmas.

Michelle,
    You said that so very well. I am having a little cry. What was so wonderful about the little corner that grew was that we were all dealing with clomid after the devastation of losing our babies. I have felt heavy all day that it has been taken from us.
    Thankyou for the welcome to the other thread Danni and Hayseed - again, I just don't *fit* in there...
    Michelle, I know how much the support is necessary, especially when you are in limbo at the moment. Goodness here I am 11 weeks and I found the support of my women friends in our thread my rock. LIke you said Michelle, no matter how beautiful and welcoming women on the other threads are, sometimes they have been there a long time and they share a lot of history, it was nice to be one of the same...
    I cannot express my immense disappointment in the cavalier way it was taken from us. Anyway, dwelling isn't going to make it any better.
    Just know Michelle, BW, Debbie, Willow, Chelle and Kirsty too that I have loved every minute of our chats together and I wouldn't be where I am without you all.
    MIchelle, I will keep checking in here to hear your news and I am praying so very hard that the Universe has a positive in store for you.... :hugs:

Aww Deb - I miss our little section too. I just don't think anyone could see the special need we had at the time it was started. Maybe the mods will read this and understand we were a unique bunch that found support together due to our very unique circumstances. I don't want to force my AC journey on the girls in TTCAML, many of whom do not have difficulty getting pregnant, just staying pregnant (which is where my connection is). On the other hand I don't want to rub my ability to conceive in the face of those who are having difficulty doing so (even if I am currently in the same boat) because I KNOW I can get pregnant ... just not when I want to

Anyhoo ... I POAS again, and there is still a line (different brand) and it still has colour but it is still feint. So ........ I showed DH No point in me grinning like an idiot with blossoming hope that this could be it without including him on the rollercoaster journey. So he is cautious and said "It's feint" and I said "But can YOU see the line" and he said "Yes, you're not imagining it"

Woooo Hoooo!!! Someone else can see the line But I am still cautiously praying like a mad woman that this is it and there is a sticky little bubba in there who will grow and blossom and arrive screaming and healthy in another 9 months.

HE CAN SEE IT!!!!!! Bless his cotton socks!!!!!
    You keep praying like a mad woman and I know Debbie and Willow and Chelle and Butterfly and Kirsty will all be doing the same. I have to leave early in the morning - I have to go to the Uni (she sighs....) I have been reading through the Masters of Midwifery course to be submitted (I am on the panel) - of course it's interesting I am just so so tired and not focused on working stuff at the moment. I am taking my neighbour and the kids (thus the neighbour!) and afterward we will go to the movies to see "The Wild"... The kidlets are excited! So, I am leaving the house at 8.30 - I will pop in before then to see if you have posted in this corner...
    Lots and lots of love and hugs to you my friend....

Girls, I feel the same way. Thank you to Hayseed and Danni for welcoming us into the other threads, and I have no doubt I will post in there from time to time but us girls have formed a bond over the last few months and it just won't be the same - no offence, we know how lovely and supportive all BB girls are.

I'm at work right now but when I get home I might post a message to the mods telling them how we feel about what's happened and what our thread meant to us. It can't hurt I guess...

Michelle, I am keeping updated throughout the day (haha! it's like a MAJOR event in my life!!) and keeping my fingers crossed that the line will just get darker and darker in the next few days!! I'm so glad you told your DH, at least he can hold your hand IRL!!

Hi everyone,
    Hope you don't mind,but I would love to join this thread. I have been taking Clomid since May and have ovulated each month but no little miracles as yet.I had to miss taking Clomid last month due to an ovulation cyst (6.5cm) which had to be drained(sorry tmi) so am hoping for af to visit in a week or so or with any luck she doesn't and I end up with a BFP. Anyway I'll have to wait and see what happens. My gyn/obs said we only have until Dec/Jan before we go for ivf. Really don't want to go down that road.

As one of those women who is on clomid purely for AC, and never having technically lost a child (although having a false positive and believing I was pregnant for a day and a half was truly devestating, I can't imagine what it must be like for the rest of you... I am constantly amazed by your strength), I just want to say please don't avoid us because you know you can conceive. Yes, AC is damned hard (and I haven't even really got started yet!), but it helps us so much to hear positive stories of how helpful these drugs we have to take can be.

It's great to know that not only can this clomid stuff fix up my inability to ovulate consistently, but it can also fix my cracker of a LPD when I do. Please don't hide your wonderful stories of hope from us.

I really can understand why you are feeling the loss of your quiet little corner... It was a sheer joy to me to be able to watch you support each other, even though at times I did feel like a bit of an intruder. Not through any actions of yours, just because I couldn't truly share your experience of loss.

BW

Me too Willow - just need to buy some more HPT's so I can monitor over the next few days and then become a true POAS addict DH is doing the typical boy thing and showing amazing restraint while I am sitting here with a smile on my face and the HPT sitting next to me so I can check that the line really does exist!!!

BBL!!

ETA - BW - you are never an intruder and we love having you around. But it is for that reason exactly that it is hard to move into an established group (even when the women are lovely). But please stay around. Your support is immensely valuable to me.
    Last edited by Michelle71; October 5th, 2006 at 04:38 PM.

Welcome Mako! It's always nice to have new friends join us!

I hope you get your little miracle well and truly before December.

BW

Thanks, Michelle.

SQUEEEEEEEEE! you can't believe how excited I feel about your news of that magic second line!

But I bet it's only a fraction of what you feel just now!

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; October 5th, 2006 at 04:45 PM. Reason: hit the reply button too soon!

Butterfly - we are not hiding our stories as such - please don't think that. It is sometimes hard to know where you *fit*. You never seemed like an intruder to me - one of us with a different story. One of us who was/is a very wanted and valuable member!

I even find it hard sometimes in Pregnany After Loss - the girls all know each other really well and many (certainly not all) can heave a sigh of relief after 12 weeks and it is really hard for me sometimes to express my fears and concerns as I know this can make others fearful. Does that make any sense? I can imagine it must feel quite horrible to feel *safely* past the danger first trimester and have someone like me expressing fears about weather my baby is still alive or not at 14, 15, 16 weeks as my experience has been that they die without my knowing (I don't miscarry as such...) I hope you understand... For me I don't fit in to any of the *suggested* forums as I am pregnant!
    Don't get me wrong I get a lot out of PAML I truly do, it's just a little different in here and a little less exposed...

Glad to see you've stocked up on sticks Michelle - that's my girl!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast