Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid and/or Metformin ~ October 2006

Hey girls, I finally got on! Had to have dinner with the IL's so only just got home.

Thanks Sushee for coming in to 'talk' to us, it really does mean a lot to me and I'm sure to the other girls. I do take your point, it would be a hard job maintaining all the threads and catering to every individual situation. I guess we were just really taken aback at having our thread removed because we'd grown so comfortable there and there'll be a time of adjustment I guess.

But my friends, the main thing is that we keep coming to BB and talking and supporting each other. I'm sure we won't have too much trouble finding each other - I'll probably post in TTCAML (and hopefully PAML soon enough!) occaisionally and also in the clomid/met thread. I can't say that I'll post as often though cause it just won't be the same. I feel a lot more exposed in those busy threads. I felt safe in our corner.

BW, thanks for your support babe, you were never an intruder in our eyes. It was never our intention to exclude ourselves or to shut others in a similar situation out. We just kind of found a few kindred spirits and it grew from there.

Michelle, I'm going to throw that old tired line at you - "a line's a line"!!! Thinking of you constantly and waiting anxiously to hear about that darker, more convincing line!!

Wonder how long before this thread is locked?? Make sure you all come and look for me!

BW - my cycle goes like this wCM on cd15 and WCM on cd16 HAd a huge clump of EW)and cd17 am only. CD18 went sticky adn has been alternating between cream and waterey since then. .

Hey girls.

I have a question for all of you - the gyno who I'm currently seeing (and who did my lap surgery to remove my ovarian cyst) has me on 50mg this cycle and am having cd21 blood tests. I am pretty sure I didn't o till cd15 this cycle. So my question is, would you have your bloods done on cd21 or wait till 7dpo (which I've been told is when it should be done to be accurate) which in my case will be cd22??

I don't know the results of my last clomid cycle (the pathology lab stuffed up my bloods!) so I'd really like this test to be as accurate as possible so we have a good indication whether it's working for me or not.

BW, I'm also getting a second opinion. I am going to see an FS in the city (easy for me cause I work in the city 2 days a week) in 2 weeks time. Not that I'm unhappy with my gyno, just that I've heard wonderful things about this specific dr and hoping he can shed some more light on what is going on with me. Things are a bit trickier for me because I have conceived very easily in the past and was ovulating on my own before taking clomid (although it would be considered poor ovulation) but just can't seem to fall prg this time.

I can't believe in one day we are already up to 25 posts Chatty little bunch aren't we!!! Willow - I am mainly in TTCAML with the odd surf through to clomid / met. But if you want me you can get me on my home email too. And considering you are in Sydney, I am merely a short car trip away

I'll let you know how the line progresses

Awww, thanks Michelle.

I don't know about posting in TTCAML, it's so busy in there and I feel a little lost trying to keep up with everyone. The clomid/met thread is a bit quieter. Will see how I go. I'll definately lurk in TTCAML to see how you're going. I just don't feel like I fit in either.

I'm so sad our little corner has come to an end....

ETA: Debbie, glad you found us too! Make sure you keep coming in and finding us to update us on how you're going.

Oh Willow....I think I've said it before, but you and me...our symptoms are so similar! It's scary! Right down to the falling pg easily before but not now.

I'm on 100mg clomid and tomorrow is my last day in this cycle. And then it is the BD-fest. My FS is great, but I am not getting any bloods done (? dunno why, didn't know that it was the norm before I started clomid and hopped on here, so I didn't think to ask him when I was seeing him). Maybe because my charts over 5 months were showing O?? Anyway, can't help you on the day for your blood test. Sorry.

Hi to Mako, Kate and Walking Art. Good to have you with us (but hope you nick off soon....IYKWIM?!)

Thanks Sushee for explaining the reasons why. However, this still doesn't really explain why it was shut down in the middle of something really emotionally sensitive - I feel really disappointed that this forum would do that.

I don't fit in TTAML or Clomid because I am pregnant! I hear you that you can't have threads for everything but I feel strongly that our corner should keep going. We have created a lifeline for each other and have welcomed others in the same circumstance with open arms. It certainly hasn't been exclusive.

I would hope Belly Belly could see fit to "allow" our discussions to continue. I think there is a niche for women who are using drugs to conceive after loss. As MIchelle pointed out. Many of us don't fit in with clomid met as we can get pregnant.

Ithink I know how Debbie and MIchelle and Willow etc will feel about this but I can't speak for them. I urge the powers that be to consider allowing our discussions to continue.

I look forward to hearing back...

MIchelle - I am here wondering how you are this morning. Debbie - you made me weep. You are amazing and I am here with you for the rest of this journey that I know will be complete when you have a baby in your arms...

:hugs: to all...

Thanks Hayseed for the welcome. And I am sure we would all be happy to nick of my xmas and join you when you go into belly buddies. Good luck with this cycle.

BW- If only you were in Brisbane I would recomend my FS. She is wonderful. She is part of the QLD fertility group who are also great to me.

With my cycles I lways take Clomid days 2-6 and I always go to see my FS for a scan every month. She always checks if I have a good size follie (sometimes two which I love). If they are big enough I usually have an injection of Pregnyl to help release the follie. I then monitor with tepms to make sure that I ovulate and if not she sends me for bloods. The great thing with QLD fertility group is that if I have a blood test in the morning I have the results by lunch.

Princess I am keeping everything that this is your month.

I am getting excited becuse I start clomid again today. Lets get this cycle going so we can get to it and make a baby!!!

hello all, O michelle, im still paying for you, my dear son asked who I was talking to when I put him in bed, and said alittle special prayer for you...so cute...
    well as for me, had another 21 day test and it was lower than last month at33, so Im not happy at all, and am thinking this month is no good either. O well what can you do. Have a wedding this saturday so I guess I can drink... I would imagine that if I was pregnant it would if anything have been higher, am I right in thinking this.... maybe Im wrong, hmmm i have no idea at all really...
    Hope you are all have a great day, deb, debbie, willow,BW and to anyone else I have missed!!!

For what it's worth, I completely agree with Deb, I would like BellyBelly to allow our thread to continue or to create a permanent thread for women undergoing AC after a m/c or loss. I truly think the demand for this sort of thread exists here on BB.

Michelle - im spying on you in this thread too Im like all the other girls, praying that you have a little bean safely tucked in for the next 9 months.

Willow - please dont feel like you cant join ttcaml (i know there are alot of us in there, and it can be hard to keep up) but we have had some bfp's recently and those gals are due to move onto PAML any day now so it makes way for more of you lovely ladies to join us. I will be your personal welcoming commitee if you decide to come over.

Love and big hugs for supporting darling Michelle through. We love her to bits in ttcaml but I understand that she gets a 'special' type of support from you ladies. Im glad she has found you

wishing bfp's all around,
    Lisa

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Deb,

we're definitely discussing it, my sweet, so please don't think your needs as a group is not being considered. Again, we're trying to find a balance, and there are a few things to nut out.

Thanks Sushee. We know we created a difficult spot.

Lisa - you know I love you guys immensely in the TTCAML corner. Just having the girls here with the same LPD issues (and late loss too) made it easier to talk sometimes. I hate to make the vibe negative when you girls are such a positive bunch and in need of some special support of your own. Your words are very special to me after your difficult week. to you too.

Deb, Willow, Debbie, BW and Chelle - well the line is still there on a work HPT (I had done one this morning with First Response and almost had a meltdown the line was so fine!!!) Can't say it is darker but it is still there So I am a happy camper and crossing everything AF stays away for the next 9 months. I could have a winter baby!!!!!

Chat to you all later. xx

I totally understand Michelle - and really I know we support each other in ttacml but I agree that sometimes when someone has been through exactly the same thing its easier to relate. I always have a soft spot for anyone who has gone through an ectopic pg.

Oh wow - the line is still there!!!! YAY!! Can we start celebrating just a little bit?? Try crystal clear or clear blue. I was getting bfn's with first response, but got the bfp with clear blue.

NOTE TO GOD: Please bless Michelle with a healthy pg and a nice screaming baby in 9 months. I will happily give up my spot in motherhood until she is blessed with her child. Amen.

Girls, just to let you know, I don't mind where we go just as long as we don't lose track of one another. Our stories are similar in some cases but all unique. I certainly don't want to exclude anyone just because they don't match my circumstances exactly. I'm not on Clomid or anything and it's doubtful whether I have an LPD! But I was more than at home in our that little thread.

Anyway, just as long as I can keep up with you all and find everyone I am happy.

Michelle - sooooooo waiting with baited breath for some hard confirmation ( as I am sure you are too). Just remember, we are here no matter what and if it happens now fantastic and if it doesn't, then it will soon.

Deb - are you feeling bigger yet? Or are you one of the lucky ones who can keep it hidden for ages? I'm guessing that as soon as you feel comfortable to do so you are going to stick it out front big and proud!

Willow, BW, Chelle and all. Keep the chatter coming as I so enjoy reading your posts. Can't believe I couldn't work out what "AC" meant. Sometimes I think I have had a mind wipe!

Big hugs to you all,
    Debbie

No No No!!!! Not giving up your spot. I want you to come along for the ride too!!!! But thank you for the prayer. I might have to go out at lunch to get one of teh other tests. More POAS

And yes, you can start celebrating on my behalf. I on the other hand will remain reserved until the weekend passes without AF and I get an instant dark line apperaing with FMU.

I know I have had 2 losses but I cannot imagine going through everything you have which is why I said that love, of course I will love to come over to PAML with you, but if it means you go first, then im happy to wait. You deserve this so much Michelle, and I cannot tell you how much your faint line fills my heart.

ok im off to ttcaml and leave you lovelies to it!

I hope you get your own thread soon.

*Tiptoes in*

Oh Michelle, I only just read your posts and I'm sooo happy for you!!! EVERYTHING is crossed that those HPT keep coming up with lines, and since you're only so early even a faint line is great at this point!

I hope you come along to the NSW Xmas dinner so that I can meet you in person!

Hope you didn't mind my intruding to let you know I'm thinking of you...

*Tiptoes back out*

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast