Thread: TWW Symptoms or lack of????

Question TWW Symptoms or lack of????

I'm going insane trying to work out whether every little niggle, pain or feeling is a pregnancy "symptom".

I'm only half way through my TWW (bloodtest next Thursday, so still another looong 7 days away) and most of the "symptoms" that I thought I had have dissapeared or are not as obvious.

My really sore BB's aren't that sore anymore (unless you count my constant squeezing of them to see if they hurt!!!!!!!)
    I do feel really, really tired still. But then again, I always feel tired.
    I have pain in my right groin area, some cramping, feel bloated and my BB's feel fuller/harder (sorry TMI) but that's about it.

I know most "symptoms" during the TWW can be explained by either the trigger shot or crinone, but has anyone had a BFP without any significant symptoms?

Hi,

I have been to two different clinics Syd IVF and now QFG on Gold Coast and both nurses at these clinic say its really too early to get symptoms and the ones that do are most likely from the meds. Pls don't stress just yet, you have another week to go - with my 1st pregnancy the only symptom i got was in the last few days of my TWW and that was getting up to go to the loo in the middle of the night, but then again some women don't experience this till later on, it could have been from the high water intake, with my last pregnancy i had absolutely no symptoms at all, no cramping , not alot of peeing the only thing i got was alot of gas (could have been all the vegies i was eating) and a stuffed up nose, but i often get stuffed up. So what i am saying is lack of symptoms is not always a bad thing. I wish you luck - i know how hard this journey is, the emotional strain is enormous - hope that little embie is sticking like glue :goodluck2:

Hi LJ,

Hopefully my recent experiences will help ease your mind. My recent TTC journey included 2 x IUI and 1 x IVF ICSI. With the 2 IUI's I was convinced I was pg as I was having AF type cramps during TWW ( and I never get cramps!) and my bbs were sore, although probably from squeezing them too much to see if they hurt!! Both cycles ended with a BFN. I then went onto IVF and in the TWW I had nothing - no sore bbs, no cramps, nothing! I was on crinone and got the occasional little stabbing sensation, but that was it. I am now 5 wks 2 days pg and I am still waiting for some pregnancy symptoms! I am yet to experience morning sickness and my bbs only hurt when I first wake up. I am getting the occasional crampy, stabby pain in the uterus area, but other than that I don't have any symptoms what so ever! I agree with Lissie in that lack of symptoms are not always a bad thing. I really hope all goes well for you and that embie is sticking around!!! Good Luck

Thats great to hear Belinda as i have been a little concerned. I havent had any symptoms at all except as you said, when i get up in the morning BB's are a little sore and the occasional stabbing sensation. I thought that having lots of "symptoms" was meant to be the "sign".

With this pregnancy my symptoms started at 3 weeks but I could only tell this in retrospect. I got a stuffy nose and bleeding gums which aren't supposed to hit until way later. I did not get any of the usual pregnancy symptoms until AF was due - slightly sore BBs was about it really and that disappeared entirely by 7 weeks. I've never had morning sickness either so it is entirely possible to have very few pregnancy symptoms yet be pregnant. Best of luck for this cycle, I know how hard it is to go cycle after cycle without any luck.

I only had one symptom - if you could call it that - during my TWW, and I only noticed it in retrospect after getting my BFP - the hair would stand up on the back of my neck quite often when I was watching something emotional on tv, like a wedding or death - or even something less dramatic?? Odd I know... Perhaps I was more sensitive and my hormones were changing?

The rest of my symptoms - cramps, tiredness and nausea didn't start until about 8 weeks pg...

Good luck - the TWW sucks!

With my first naturally concieved pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms until I was almost 7 weeks I didn't even know I was pregnant. With this Assisted conception I feel ill and have preg symptoms from trigger and until the last of the boosts are out of my system. And as you can see I have had 3 BFN up til now. So symptoms dont mean anything at this early stage.
    Hope all turns out well for all of us, it is so hard because we know what is going on that we read into everything and get very disappointed at the end.
    Hope the TWW goes well for you.

Thanks for all your replies. I know it's silly to try and read in to everything during the TWW, but it's just so hard not to!!!!

I have only another few days until BT (5th June) so am trying to stay sane until then.

Good luck Paula and Saph, hope all goes well with your BT's also. Hopefuly we will all have that elusive BFP this month.

dove Guest

Default good luck for thursday

Im glad i saw your thread first because i was just about to post the same kind of one! asking about symptoms of preg. during 2 week wait etc... i am not even half way there yet i am only on day 5 and it is very frustating....Good luck on Thursday, hope all your dreams come true :goodluck2: