Thread: What dosage Puregon

Default What dosage Puregon

Hi I was just wondering what dosage of Puregon some of you ladies where on before it started working for you. My FS started me on 43IU and then has uped it a few times but each time there has been no success now I am on 75IU and really hoping it will work this time. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

wb - it's very hard to say what dosage is best - your FS is doing a great thing by starting at a low dose and working up so that you don't "hyperstimulate" - for me, my PCOS is so severe that i needed dosages of 150IU to get a single dominant follicle, 175 gave only one, 200 gave three. when i moved to full IVF stim, i was put on a higher dosage of 300IU - and i got over 50 follicles that were considered large enough to be "dominant" - was very bloated and uncomfy - thankfully i didn't end up with OHSS - and i only got 22 eggs from that (11 were too immature to be fertilised)...

i guess what i'm waffling about is to just trust your FS - your first time on FSH is very much experimental and you're better off having a low dose and gradually increasing til you get the right response, than to have a high dose, over respond, and hyperstimulate

good luck with your treatment

Hi, I started on 50 for IUI then went to 75 which gave 2 mature follies then went to IVF 250 again only got 2 mature follies and cycle was cancelled, I went for review and was told I would be put on 450 for my next cycle, fortunately for me I feel pregnant inbetween cycles. Good luck, I hope this works for you.

I'm a 300 girl..

I am a 125 iu with a tapering of 75iu towards the end near OPU, then for FETs 75iu. Doesnt matter what amount I am on I still click the pen one click more for good luck LOL

I was 150-200iu for IUI but 250 on IVf 2 years later I overstimmed and now on 150 I am understimming so who freakin knows?! have crapulent ovaries I would say! Better to understim than over. I think the first cycle there is always a lot of guesswork going on, so hang in there, things will improve

Thank you all for your wonderful responses I do trust my FS it i just getting a little frustrating but I spose we should find the right dosage sooner or later. Just cross my fingers and hope it is sooner.
    Thanks

iM A 150 GIRL

It's definately some aspect of guess work initially. Also depends on your height/weight, age, and any other factors (like if you had an ovarian grading done? that gives you an idea of the amount of small residual follicles)

For my IUI I was on 50 and produced 1 mature (but I reckon i would have anyway, as I consistently ovulate); for IVF I was initially on 175 which was too low, upped to 250 for the final two days but too late to make any difference, only produced 2 mature follicles (1 egg collected). Next time they'll definately up my dose.

Good luck !

Hey Wishingbaby

I am at day 9 - first time ivf. Started Puregon at 125 now decreased to 100 - am overstimming. Had BT and ultrasound this morning. Now have 43 active follicles with 22 big ones. Possibly stopping puregon on Monday - trigger that night - collection on Wednesday.

Again thank you all for your responses it has made it a little easier for me. So got the results from latest BT and 75IU wasn't working so now we are going up to 83IU
    I also gotta have another BT on thursday to see if anything is happening oh well crossing my fingers and hoping it happens soon.

tryingtc Guest

Default 150 and overstimmed

Well, I just had my first ever cycle cancelled as I was in danger of overstimming on 150 units of puregon. I had a bt after five days and they told me my estrogen was edging 2000 where it should have been 5-600. They told me to halve the dose to 75 and come in for a bt and scan the next day. I had quite a few follicles left and right, none over 14mm. They told me to cancel - no coasting and no freeze-all, which was pretty devastating.

I asked them why I was on that dose and they said it was standard for my age (36), but I would have thought all the bt's I've had might have informed it. I'm feeling pretty down that they didn't start off cautious and check my levels sooner. I understand the first cycle is an experiment, but starting at a random number and checking on day five doesn't seem like a very cautious way to manage a (very expensive, pretty stressful) experiment to me.

My only advice would be to ask exactly why they have chosen that dose for you and how closely you will be monitored, because I wish that I had - it might have turned out different for me. As it is, I'm now waiting until August to go again. It's pretty upsetting and I find it hard to understand when others seem to get to very high E2 levels and still have a freeze-all. I don't want OHSS that's for sure, but right now I feel like things could have been managed better for me so that I might at least have had a freeze-all

So I am up to 141IU now and my FS thinks it is working this time I had a BT on Wed and got the phone call on Thur saying that it looks like I am going to be Oing on Sat so for my BF and I to BD Fri, Sat and Sun then another BT on Mon I guess that one is to check and see if it happened. Oh well wish me luck crossing my fingers this may be finally my time.