Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome

i went back to the gyne for review after the lap I had done in December - my options - go on the pill and see if it decreases the pain, by taking it constantly and having no AF, try the proestergon (sp) IUD... or have a hysterctomy with no guarantee that the pain would stop anyway... wonderful.

Gee Vicky, not nice. I feel for you.
    I thought the whole idea of having the a TL in the first place was to avoid taking the pill doctors just have no ideas on what we go through.
    I hope everything settles down for you.

Thanks Storm. I am going to try going to a natropath and see if I can get any relief that way.... its so frustrating.

Default Tubal reversal

Hi can anyone help me I have 5 children and I am 29 years old . I had my tubes clamped with my 5th child who is 4 years old in August. I did this because I had a rough pregnancy with my daughter in which she stopped growing and finally the doctor took her out at 37 weeks and she was 5 pound 4. I guess I freaked out and as I fell really easily I worried I would go through this again plus she was my 3rd ceaser.
    I regret my decision and want a reversal but the doctors here in newcastle say it will cost me $7,600 money I dont have, Can you go on the public list to get it done for free? I have really bad periods since the op and can bleed up to 10 days straight. I also suffer from skin itchiness and this started after my t/L too. I have a dry vagina since the op too and I have gained weight also. I want a baby really bad but cant afford the $7600 and my morgage, any help with the public hospital system to get the op for free???

I dont think you can get it reversed at all on the public hospital free list.
    I would love to have mine reversed though, as My son is now 12 months old, and I have had no return to my period at all since his birth, however i get crippling cramping, mood swings, which include sudden waves of absolute sadness, which are not triggered by anything, they just happen, then leave as soon as they hit.
    I was not told of any consequences at all of having the TL, and was assured everything would be normal after it. I have since spoken to my gp about the symptoms i get, and she just shrugged it all off saying it is not because of the TL.

Default Tubal Ligation Reversal.

Yes I understand the mood swings, some days I can be happy and others really down, my doctor also said that my symptoms are not to do with the T/L and just gave me a referal to have them reversed, I have an appointment tomorrow with the newcastle based private team to see about getting them reversed (they are the ones who charge $7600). I did read on here somewhere that a lady had here T/L reversed in a public hospital and waited 10 months on a waiting list.
    The good thing about private is that they said I would have the op in 6 weeks time and that I get to stay in a private hospital for 3 days (public kick you out asap) so I get plenty of time to recover. Just the cost - It's a lot of money and I could probebly get IVF cheaper ?????.....

Angry

What I don't get is how the medical profession can proclaim that the symptoms we experience are NOT from the T/L yet there are so many of us who experience these symptoms post T/L. HELLOOOO?????!!!!!!!

I think I need to find a female doctor how HAS had a T/L and has experienced the symptoms herself! and I bet that will be harder then finding a needle in a haystack.

Have we all collectively become Psychotic and decided that we want to manifest pain???? I'm so p!ssed off at the moment - in a world of pain, and are sick of being told that it has nothing to do with the T/L!!

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yep they love to pass the buck.....
    I have just been Informed from chat tubal reversals #13 that one mum did ivf instead of T/R, and fell first go, it cost her $1440 start to finish with $348 cash back.
    and they offered to fix her tubes whilst having the c/s for free as they were already in there But she declined that offer.
    I think I might try Ivf and hope that they offer me the same when i have a c/s to deliver (if I fall that is).
    I will certainly be giving them hell about it as they never told me of any side affects and think that I would not mind getting fat or mental.....
    I have just told my partner bout Ivf and he said do I have to give a sample LOL and I replied if you want to be the dad "YES".... we need to ban together and fight for Justice on the doctors who misinform us about the affects of T/L or dont tell us at all.... maybe we could sue their ARS# they also dont inform you of the cost to reverse it, you cant even claim it with private health Insurance (though maybe the hopital stay).....

Hi Aquarius,
    My gosh while reading your first post to this thread I pretty much ticked off all the boxes re PTLS.
    I have my tubes tied in Oct 2002 after my fourth baby and have experienced nothing but problems ever since. Here I was thinking it was all in my head and not knowing anyone else that has had the procedure I have not really had anyone to talk to.
    I am going to do a bit of research on the net to arm myself with info to take to my GP and see what can be done.
    Thankyou for if I had not read your post I would be none the wiser and still miserable.

I went to bed last night and while thinking about all I had read yesterday in regards to this syndrome I found myself crying tears of relief, that I have possibly found the reason for all that has been happening to me over the past 5+ years.

How I have managed to hold it together for so long is beyond me. I guess I just came to except what was happening as normal and never questioned enough. Mind you the amount of times I went to the doctor for the same complaints and he never picked it up. How can doctors be so blind to what is happening to all the women that suffer this way and not really be willing to acknowledge that it is a real condition?

I have always regreted the decision to get my tubes done and feel in alot of ways I was railroaded into it. I never really received any counselling before hand and was certainly not told of any of these side effects for if I had I would not have consented. I wish now after all these years I had stayed true to myself and not gone through with it, but the damage is done and it has cost me alot in more than just monetary ways. Now to find a solution so that I can be a better and happier me.

Tami.... I know how you feel.... im getting my tubes reversed at the royal womens in melb.... still have a few tests to get done they will be done this week..... i too hope that this will be a solution to a better and happier me( if another baby cames along even better)

Karend I wish you all the best for your reversal, I would be interested to hear how it goes and whether it 'solves' your symptoms. Do you mind my asking how much the procedure is costing you?

From what ive been told its free(but i will double check tomorrow when i have my second appointment)....if done in the public system or $5000 if done privately.
    Last edited by karend; May 13th, 2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: changed wording

Afternoon Ladies,
    I haven't been here for a while but really needed to vent. I feel so frustrated and close to tears, I went to the doctors this morning armed with printouts from the net about PTLS and explained that I have been experiencing alot of the sympoms now for nearly 6 years. He was not sympathic at all and basically told me that having 2 little tubes clamped can not possibly cause all these problems and that there must be another explanation for the symptoms. He has referred me for a pelvic u/sound. I tired to fight my case but it was a losing battle.
    Why can't doctors take us seriously when we go to them about these compalints? To have to put up with this on a somewhat daily basis is very tiring and I feel I am at my wits end. I don't know what to do now or who to go to. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance>

Grr Tami, I feel for you.

Just go & find a different doctor, & keep seeing different ones til you get waht you want. That's what I did LOL

My thoughts exactly Storm, but we really shouldn't have to find a doctor who believes in us.
    Needless to say I will probably be seeing a few doctors this week.

for you Tami.....
    I too told the doctor about all these "problems" that i was having and said it was not from having my tubes tied....In the end i told the doctor (different one) that i wanted my tubes untied so we could have another baby (which we do anyway), and i got my referral... (they werent going to give me the referral without a drs name or name of clinic) Anyway i am now on the waiting list to have my tubes reversed.... I dont know if its mind over matter or what but some of my "problems" have eased but they havent gone and by no means is everything back to the way it was before i had my tubes tied. For me i now feel that a hugh weight has been lifted off my shoulders just knowing that maybe the end of these "problems" is just in sight.....

All the best Tami....Hope that you may find resolution to a happier you

the irony of this is that before the medical profession had the technology/knowledge to diagnose endo women where classed as hysterical hyperchondriacs(sp?)../. and now that the knowledge and technology are around to diagnose it, its not completely understood, but at least recognised and acknowledge as a very real problem......why does the possibility of two little clips causing so much pain and problems so impossosible for them to believe???? they are foriegn objects in our bodies!

I feel your frustration Tami! its exactly how I feel too.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast