Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Quote Originally Posted by Hollye View Post
    i was only 50mg i think and i fell pregnant the first month of taking it but i was on something (dont knw the name) before that to bring on a period and clean everything out so when i did fall pregnant it gave the egg and that a better chance to stick. I was taking clomid on day 5,6,7,8 and 9.

I dont think the syptoms would get worse. I was told to give a minimum of 3 months to fall pregnant on clomid and a max of around 9 months. HTH
    Was that provera that you took to bring on a period Hollye? I think that was worse than the clomid, don't you agree?

Default Fingers crossed for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell77 View Post
    I can't answer that one im afraid as this is my first month on clomid too so we are at the same stage! Im also on 50mg a day & as you said mine will also go up next month to 100mg if it doesn't work. Im due for my blood test next Thursday so ill definately let you know how I go, are you still actually taking the first course of clomid as we speak? My friend took it & it didn't work the first month so they put her on 100mg & she said the symptoms were no worse so fingers crossed, although it didn't work the second month either but it did work in her third month & she got pregnant in that month also. That's the friend that tried for 3 years to have a baby & no period for over 12 months before she used clomid & now Ella is almost 18 months old & she's pregnant again with her second child due in March so there is certainly hope for us yet. My symptoms haven't been too severe, it's the hot flushes etc though that im struggling with mostly.
    I am 4 days into taking the first lot of tablets. The first day I was ok then day 2 i got really really tired, day 3 I was sick then today I feel really hot and tired. I dont think my body can make up its mind... hehe
    The second baby your friend is having was she on Clomid too?

No the second baby wasn't with clomid actually, she assumed she'd need it again as she only had one period in the 14 months since Ella was born & yet straight after that 1 period she fell pregnant again which was a big surprise so hopefully that is what happens with us! So have you discussed with your doctor what happens next if the Clomid is unsuccessfull, im not quite sure what the next step is? My doctor mentioned something briefly about injections of homones, do you know by any chance?

yep thats what it was. mind u it was the most painful period i had ever had!

Default Lucky Girl

Yeah it was totally different for me too after the provera, much heavier than usual & also went for longer but I guess at least it did the job so I shouldn't complain! Did you get pregnant in that very first cycle?

yep sure did

Default No idea

Quote Originally Posted by Kell77 View Post
    No the second baby wasn't with clomid actually, she assumed she'd need it again as she only had one period in the 14 months since Ella was born & yet straight after that 1 period she fell pregnant again which was a big surprise so hopefully that is what happens with us! So have you discussed with your doctor what happens next if the Clomid is unsuccessfull, im not quite sure what the next step is? My doctor mentioned something briefly about injections of homones, do you know by any chance?
    Your friend is lucky i think. I havent talked to my doctor about any follow up options. He seems to think this will work. I guess I have to trust him. I had the last of my 1st dosage of Clomid on Saturday and im still feeling aweful. Is this what happened to you? My stomach is still upset and im still getting really tired. I know its only been two days but I want to fell better. Im over feeling sick all the time for at the moment nothing.

hollye how is your beautiful girl today?

Quote Originally Posted by christine_1987 View Post
    Your friend is lucky i think. I havent talked to my doctor about any follow up options. He seems to think this will work. I guess I have to trust him. I had the last of my 1st dosage of Clomid on Saturday and im still feeling aweful. Is this what happened to you? My stomach is still upset and im still getting really tired. I know its only been two days but I want to fell better. Im over feeling sick all the time for at the moment nothing.
    You're right she is very lucky, especially because the doctors told her they thought she was going to have to resort to IVF almost definately as her case was so bad, so it just goes to show you the power of positive thought! Yes unfortunately I must say that I finished taking clomid about 10 days ago now & im still not well, I got such a bad migraine on Saturday that I spent the whole day vomitting & the doctor said it was almost definately the side effect of clomid even though i've been off it for well over a week! Id like to tell you that I feel great but I don't im afraid, I hope you improve soon though!

Hi Kell,
    I have the most disgusting taste in my mouth and throat. Nothing seems to be removing it. Maybe its because im feeling sick still... I dont know. Sad to hear you were so sick on Saturday - must have been the day for it hehe. I hope you are feeling much better at the moment.
    Keep you chin up
    Christine

Hi Christine

That's no good, although id say you are probably right about it being because you have been so sick, we certainly are in the wars at the moment huh? Have you finished the clomid now? I have my first blood test on Thursday so ill be keeping my fingers crossed to hear good news that it's at least made me ovulate, id be happy if it's done that at least! Will you have blood tests to see if the clomid has been effective, I only ask because I remember you saying you were in a remote spot?

Kell

The doctor hasnt said anything about blood tests. He just said that if I dont have a period and am not pregnant after 32 or so days give him a call and he will increase the dosage. I guess its a hit or miss kinda game at the moment. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope there is at least a glimpse of good news

Well it certainly sounds like he expects you to get pregnant which is a really good thing, you have to let me know as soon as you get the good news!!! Were you getting many periods before you started taking clomid?

nope, well it stopped about 11 months ago but then a few weeks ago.... the day of my engagement I got it really really lightly (pretty much just an annoyance) for 4 days - still I did have something.
    Yeah well the doctor say to me he could make me pregnant it was just up to me when I wanted to start.
    I will let you know about the news when I get it... You too.
    How are you feeling today

Well that's definately very positive news for you as he's basically said he can make it happen so that must make you feel a lot better about it? Hopefully then you will only have to put on with one lot of the clomid & then it will be another type of sickness hehe! Were your periods always irregular or just lately?

When I first started to get them they were then after a year or so they were great, I could narrow it down to the day then with the type of pain i was getting i could tell when I was getting it. but just in the last few months - just before i met my fiancee. How ironic!!
    Whent he doctor said he could get me pregnant it was good but now im starting to worry he may be wrong - Im just stressing. the whole what if question.
    What about you, did you always have irregular periods?

Yeah it's funny because I never really gave it a second thought as a teenager, it was quite irregular even then, id get it on time one month & then it would be two months before the next one or it may be 2 weeks late etc, but you tend to put it down as just the fact the your young etc. Then I was on the pill for 10 years & it's always regular so again you don't think about it until last year when I got off the pill in the hopes of getting pregnant & every time i've got my period the length between them gets longer & now it's about 4 months between them! You'll be fine, im sure of it & the doctor is obviously very confident of it & they wouldn't say that if he didn't believe it so try & think positive & relax & ill think good thoughts for you too By the way do you ever monitor your body basal temperature? I've been doing it but it's doing my head in so I think ill stop as im analysing it too much.

kell - is ur blood test being done one day 21? thats when mine was done. When i heard the results that i "o" it was the best news i had heard in a long long time! good luck sweety!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast