Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about Clomid

Bec - Congrats on the Clomid working! I'm sorry you had such side effects though! I really only had hot flashes, and I started on 100mg...but like you said, it's worth it if it works!

I got up this morning and AF was here for real this time!! It's almost a relief just to know the outcome, and even though I'm just starting the whole cycle over again, as least now I know I am ovulating!! Here we go again!!

Hey Stejen

Im sorry to hear about AF arriving but on the other hand it's fantastic news that you are ovulating now, so hopefully it's just a matter of time now! Stay positive & good luck for this round, im sending you out a big hug!

Hey Bec

Sounds like you have got some good news out of what sounds like a horrible week of side effects with the clomid, so that's a good start. I didn't have the injections myself but my best friend has pcos like me & she had the same difficulties as you seem to, she was producing follicles but her body wasn't dropping them so she had the injections done with great success. She was pregnant by her third round of clomid, the last two of those with the injections so she said she would definately recommend them so I say go for it, it may be just the push you need!

nicole85 Guest

Hey Guys

Well i went to see my dr today regarding no period yet .. He did another round of BT to make sure i didnt 'o' and i am not preggas which i know i am not. Once he gets the results and they confirm what i already know i can start the clomid again with out having a period. I think this was abit weird what do you think??? i thought you needed to take it while you have ur period.... arrr so confused i guess his the dr and he knows ???? so hopefully i will be starting my 2nd round f clomid tomorrow night

I also went and seen Shane today they acupuncture guy Bee recommended. All i can say is WOW he was awesome he has given me hope that along with the clomid he can truly help me and my DH to have a beautiful bundle of joy in no time at all ..

I am hoping and praying this time round that it is our turn to have the great news

Hope everyone else is well

oxoxox nic

Nicole - I don't know if that's weird about taking the clomid without AF. I know that my physician had me induce a period with Provera before my first cycle, and was going to do the same if AF didn't show this month. I'm on CD2 and start my second round of clomid tomorrow....here's hoping...

I just got back from picking up my prescriptions. I wasn't able to talk with my doctor this morning, just the nurse, but I guess she has moved me to 150mg Clomid on days 3-7. Hopefully this will help....also the nurse called to let me know that she has prescribed Estrace (taken vaginally on days 1-14)....does anyone have any experience with this?

Hi girls!
    How are you all?
    Stejan, sorry to hear AF arrived. Yeah to the 'o' though! At least now you know exactly whats happening. I'm expecting the same thing this round, I'm not getting my hopes up that the clomid will be a miracle Month 1. round 2 is a charm though, hopefully for both of us! I've not heard ofEstrace, whats it for?

Kell- I ended up having the shot for ovulation on friday becasue I was showing no signs it was close. Hopefully the helping hand I need, but i'm just happy my body is doing the things it should (with a bit of help!)

Nic- I'm not sure about taking clomid without period, I just assumed I would take meds again if AF doesn't arrive and I'm not UTD. I guess if theres no cycle, then you start again?
    AFM- I has the shot so I should ovulate today or tomorrow. We've done all we can and now the rest is up to 2 tiny molicules. Thats a lot of pressure on them! I'm determined not to get my hopes up, I will wait until 18th May to test if no AF by then, and I will not drive myself insane with the maybe, maybe nots (I've already started). We put a lot of pressure on ourselves don't we?

Good luck this round girls!
    Bec

Bec - I hope round two will be the round for both of us!! But I'm really trying not to put a lot of pressure on it, and it will happen when it happens.

So far so good on the 150mg of Clomid. I have two days left, and I haven't had hot flashes yet, so hopefully they will stay at bay this time. The Estrace is a form of Estrogen that I guess is supposed to thicken the lining and make it more hospitable for a fertilized egg...You can take it orally or vaginally, and my Doc has me on it vaginally days 1-14. I haven't noticed any side effects yet, so day 5...

nicole85 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bee84 View Post
    Morning evertone:
    Well I have POAS 9 times and got 9 positives with them all getting darker and darker.
    I had a BT this morning and will get the results this arvo

I used a fantastic acupuncturist for the last 8 weeks, once a fortnight and I totaly believe it is him that helped us this time.

Nic I would strongly reccomend that you see him. He is in Halls Head and is brilliant. Let me know if you want his details. It isn't expensive either. $80 initial and $50 every time after that. My private health paid for nealry all of it so I was only out of pocket $17 each visit.

I will keep you guys posted as to how the BT results turn out

Fingers crossed

Hey Bee

I have to thank you for recommending Shane we was fantastic, HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend him. I have also been using my Maybe Baby and the first day was just the non firtile phase (bare in mind i just started my second round of clomid and have two days to go) yesterday i got a small amount of ferns and the black dotts and today there was alot more ferns today . I have done the test at the same time east day. So i dont know if i am doing it wrong or this is right??? Is it to early to be getting the ferns still being on the clomid and all. aaaahhhhh so confused

If anyone has any reply please post cause i am abit confused

I wish I could be of help, but I don't know anything about Maybe Baby or the ferns...

So far so good with me. I am obviously thinking a lot about this process, but I can honestly say that I am putting much less pressure on myself this time around. I am not obsessing over it quite as much, so maybe that will help.

Today was my last day of 150mg Clomid (cd3-7). I was amazed that I haven't had any side effects at all. At 100mg I had terrible hot flashes and was an emotional wreck, but so far...nothing! Not that I am complaining! I am wondering if maybe the Estrace I am on balances that out somehow...not sure!

Anyway, I have my U/S on Friday to check for follies...then the bding begins!!

How is everyone else doing??

nicole85 Guest

Hey

Thanks Stejen but i figured out what was happeneing wth the maybe baby

I too have just finished my second round of clomid 100mg so fingers crossed hey i will be going for a blood test in about a week to check my levels
    I havent had any side effects as yet either i didnt on my first round either

Good luck all
    oxoxo nic

Where is everyone!? Updates please!!

(Nothing new and exciting with me...just waiting for "O" at the moment!)

Hey Stejen

So how is everything going with you at the moment, what day are you on now, should "O" be happening soon? Well I hope that this round is the lucky one for you guys, how did the clomid affect you this time around? As for me, im plodding along still, although im sure it will be waddling along very soon as I seem to be getting big quite quickly now. Im now 19 weeks & 2 days pregnant & coming up for my next ultrasound which im really looking forward to, that's next Tuesday, but i've also started to feel the baby moving over the last 2 weeks which is really quite surreal! Anyway I hope you are well & keep me updated as to how you go at "O"?

nicole85 Guest

Default third time lucky

Hey ppls

Well i thought everything was going along fine on my second round that was until i got my freaken period today so sos so anoyed. I should have expected something like that because my dr told me to take my second round (100mg) with out starting my period. So i get my blood results back tomorrow (i think i already know the results) then i start my third round tomorrow night (150mg). So here is to this round i am so so so hoping it is this time . I wil keep you informed.

Oh and my second round of clomid had me throwing up so i am not looking forward to this stronger round

oxoxox nic

Nicole - Sorry to hear about AF....I was definitely thinking your doctor should have induced your period before starting your second round of clomid, but I'm not a doctor so what do I know?? At least this round will be started like it should be!

Kel - Glad to hear that things are going well with you!! How exciting that you have started to feel movment...I can't even imagine what that must be like!

As for me I finished my second round of clomid at an increased dose of 150mg. I had absolutely zero side effects with it which surprised me because at 100mg I had hot flashes like crazy. I also have not had the temperature spike that I had at the 100mg. When I "o"ed before my temperature spike to above 98.0 degrees. I have been waiting and waiting, and finally today fertility friend says "o" is detected on CD 17, and I am CD 20, so 3DPO. My coverline this cycle is much lower then the first cycle, but at least "o" was detected with a solid line on FF, even at these somewhat lower temps...now it's a waiting game!!

Hi guys!
    Sorry, I've been totally AWOL, but I've been TWWing, and I just needed to not think about it, and I was becoming obsessed.
    Stejan, I'm glad you aren't having any side effects on the clomid! Maybe your body gets used to it. (we can only hope)
    Nic- Sorry to hear Af arrived, but at least the round starts again, and maybe this cycle is your cycle!
    Kell- The 20 week scan is so exciting! Are you going to find out what you are having?

AFM-I am currently 16DPO and no Af as yet! I don;t feel pregnant, but I'm totally talking myself out of thinking I am in case I'm not so I won't be as dissapointed...does that make sense? Anyway, I have a blood test and scan tomorrow, so I guess I'll know one way or another.

Good luck to all, and I'll keep you posted,
    Bec
    Last edited by becnxavi; May 19th, 2009 at 05:26 PM.

Bec - Good luck!!! Be sure to let us know!!

Hi Guys

Bec - I've got my fingers & toes crossed for you, please let me know how you go & sending you lots of babydust Stay positive as I truly believe that it can make all the difference to the outcome.

Nicole - Sorry to hear you have had such a rough time on this round of clomid, hopefully this round isn't as bad for you, it will all be worth it though once it's successfull! At least now you are off to a much better start by getting back on the clomid after a period. Goodluck with everything & hope to hear some fabulous news soon.

Stejen - Any news? I had the same experience with the clomid like you, the higher the dose I had the less it affected me which is strange but certainly much nicer so that's a good thing for you as the hot flushes were horrible! I hated the waiting game, it felt like that's all I did so I understand what that's like but like I said to Nicole it's all worth it in the end. Best of luck, im thinking of you.

As for me, im eagerly awaiting my 20 week scan which is on Tuesday just to make sure that all is ok, unfortunately the worry never really ends. I thought once I got pregnant id be a lot less worried but seems that's not the case, although it's very exciting & im sure you will all be in my position very soon. I never thought it was going to happen for me with my pcos & 18 months of trying, but after 4 rounds of clomid & only the last round successfull it finally happened so there is definately lots of hope. To answer your question Bec, no im going to be strong & not find out the sex of bub, im looking forward to a surprise at the end & hoping it may give me an incentive during labour to get it out quicker, hehe. Getting quite a big tummy too now, that's taking some getting used to.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast