Thread: Swelling

Default Swelling

Not to sure if this is a mediacal condition or just part of my pregnancy. This is my 2nd pregnancy and hopefully going for a vbac. My firstis a boy and this one is 95% chance of being a girl and they have definatly been 2 very different pregancies.
    Around about 7-8 o'clock at night my hands and feet and ankles start to swell up and stay swollen all night. They are fine during the day the swelling goes down about 9 in the morning and am fine all day till night. is this normal or should i go see my doctor?

Hi Tweetsta
    Yes this probably normal
    How many weeks pregnant are you?
    Do you spend lots of time on your feet?
    Do you spend lots of time sitting?
    How is your diet?
    Do you have any other symptoms such as headache, blurred vision, stomach pain.

Hi Alan
    Im 38 weeks pregnant and cant wait to get it out...lol. Some days i do spend alot of time on my feet usually during the day when they aren't swollen. And usually sitting down alot more at night after bathing and feeding my 2 year old i like to sit and realx for a few hours before bed which is when they seem to swell. I think my diet is fine i eat well and feel well except for tiredness. I do have a pain just above and to the right of my c/s scar that is constantly sore and doing anything using my stomach muscles makes it worse sometimes it even feels like something is tearing. I told my midwife this tuesday gone and she felt around a bit and said its probably just muscles that were cut during my c/s and arent used to this much stretching. Its even sore to touch on the outside...im scared that i will not achieve my vbac due to this soreness as even sneezing or blowing my nose hurts so im scared when the time comes to push i wont be able to.

OK hun, there is nothing to worry about, everything sounds normal to me. When sitting down do not cross your legs and try to do some foot exercises. Drawing circles with your feet, scrunching up your toes etc. It may help with the swelling.