Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a question

Hi Sezjm an Lilylou,
    I am so sorry for your losses.
    My thougts are with you both...

How are you feeling today girls? my thoughts are with you, thanks again for the kind words..

Thanks everyone so much for your support. It really does make a difference to know that there are other people who understand what this feels like.

I made a call to my doctor today, just to be sure, but everything is okay. Just a bit paranoid I think! I'm just so worried now that I will never carry a baby to full term. I know it's irrational, but I can't help it. On one hand I just want to be pregnant, on the other I'm really scared about how worried and stressed we're going to be next time. I'm not too worried about falling pregnant, but what will happen when I am. I look at my friends who are pregnant and how much they enjoy it and take it for granted, and think that we're never going to have that again. Sorry for being so negative, having a bad mood day today. Tomorrow will be better!

What you are feeling is so very normal and so very understandable. It's okay and normal to have a 'bad mood day'. You don't have to be sorry for that. I thought the yellowish discharge could just be brown or old blood mixed with your usual cm. I am sure your doctor told you if it's not smelly, there is no pain or no temp then it's most likely normal.
    Big hugs sweetie - it's a tough road but you can do it. We'll all be here to help...

Sezjm - thats what we are all here for. Many of us have been through similar things to you, and dont worry - we have all had the same thoughts.
    I think itwould be very hard if this happened to you during your first pregnnacy as there would be nothing in the back of your mind to say - I've done it before, I can do it again.
    Know that you will do it again, and things wont be the same for you. There is a very small percentage of people that have this experience twice in a row. The odds aren't high that this will happen to you again next time.
    Dont feel bad for being jealous about friends. I had 2 mums fall pregnant in mothers group about the same time as me, and everytime I went back to MG it would nearly break my heart to see their bellies expanding. But its not my right to take joy from them - they deserve the happiness too (and of course all the sleepless nights!)
    Lilylou - I hope things are OK wiht you.

Hi,

Sezjm, I'm so glad you spoke to your doctor regarding the discharge, I asked yesterday about it and they said to keep an eye on ANYTHING that starts to smell offensive. I've been lucky as the bleeding is so light, almost nothing. I'm feeling exactly like you with trying again, I want to try straight away (by the way, doc said medically it is fine to try as soon as bleeding stops, as long as your up to it mentally??), but like yourself, scared of this happening again. I don't have age on my side unfortunately which is why I can't afford to wait. I'm sure you will be fine, it's still early days with it all, I guess we are both going to go through different emotions, but in the long run, I know it will work out for the best. I'm going to do a post on the ttc after miscarraige for some advice on some of my concerns I have.
    Just letting you know yesterday went really well, felt so good afterwards both physically and mentally. It's so good to know now I'm bleeding because of a D&C, not because I am miscarrying. Thanks everybody for the kind wishes.

Thanks girls for the updates, it does get a little easier in time, some days are better than others - I wish you both nothing but happiness and best of luck next time round

goldilocks Guest

I'm so very very sorry for your loss, honey How sad that we went through exactly the same things on exactly the same day

How are you feeling now? I had very little spotting for days after my D&C (and even had a yellowish discharge as you mentioned). But I started bleeding bright red blood 7 days after the D&C.

I haven't had any pain or cramping so I'm unsure whether it's AF arriving VERY early (was told it would be 4-6 weeks after D&C) or just a delayed reaction to the D&C.

Re. when to TTC again, the doctors/nurses at the hospital all said it was fine to try again straight away. Generally you'll ovulate 2-4 weeks after the D&C. I've been taking my temp every morning to see whether I'm ovulating or not (that's how I fell pg the first time).

DH & I are very keen to start trying again. We fell pregnant in the first cycle of TTC (when I was taking my temp) so I'm not worried that it will happen for us again soon. I'm trying to be positive and think that my chances of miscarrying second time around are very slim (although I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck when I do eventually fall again! LOL).

As one of the nurses at the hospital said to me before my D&C, it was just a trial run to prepare my body for a successful pregnancy next time

I can understand you feeling that way about your pregnant friends. To my absolute surprise, I'm not jealous or envious of women I see who are pregnant. The only thing I think when I see them is that I hope they realise how lucky they are...and I hope they don't ever take their healthy pregnancies, or their healthy babies, for granted.

Wishing you all the very best and I hope to hear you announcing a BFP very soon!!!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Bindi08 Guest

Default Miscarriage on First Pregnancy

Hi girls I just had my first miscarriage on my first pregnancy and it was really scary. I was almost 8 weeks when i started spotting on the thursday was only one spot so made appt with dr for next day. Straight after i saw my dr i started bleeding heavier and was stressing to the max. The dr told me to go home and lay down. As soon as i got home i went to the loo and it got a little heavier and darker in colour. I hope not TMI so i went straight into hospital (lucky i had my mother down) they took some blood and booked me in for ultra sound next day. The worst started at ultra sound ... they couldnt find a heartbeat and the sack was too small for how long i was pregnant. Therefore i was having a miscarriage thus the Dr saying i had 2 options. 1. was to go home and let it come out naturally which i would be in pain and bleeding heavily or get the Dr on call to do a curette and take it out that night hopefully. i had a quick chat to hubby about it and decided i didnt wanna go thru the pain and got it done 8pm saturday night. I woke up to feel fine except for a light period pain nothing a couple of panadol didnt fix but had numb lips. The worst part though was they had me in the kids ward so there were babies in the next ward which made me worse. But having a really nice and understanding nurse was good i know it is her job to make u feel better but she made me laugh. I eventually left hospital after being there pretty much all weekend (on my weekend off) at 12.30am. I didnt sleep that well but did get some sleep. My Dr(Ob) reminded me that it wasnt my fault but i cant help thinking that if i hadnt have done this or not done that if results had been different. I cant stop thinking things but know it wasnt anything we did or not do. Nurse told me that since they dilated my uterus in the process that when i get pregnant again that labour wont be as bad as it wont take as long to dilate as i have already done it. So thats a good point. I am feeling fine and have had no bleeding since being home but too scared not to wear a pad. Dr said i would be bleeding for 2 to 3 weeks . But nurse said i would lightly bleed for a few days then get my period in 4 to 6 weeks time???? Confused !!! I am feeling fine no pain.

~Belinda~ Guest

Janie, I am so sorry for your loss...

I had some bleeding after my D&C years ago but don't remember a yellowish discharge. It's so long ago now! Maybe you should check with GP just in case.

I know how you are feeling, take care of yourself and remember to keep positive.
    Last edited by ~Belinda~; March 16th, 2008 at 11:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12