Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost our baby to SIDs

x Mousie x Guest

Default We lost our baby to SIDs

I needed to post this in memory of my beautiful son.

My baby's name is Liam Kalvin and he was born on 24/08/05 in respiratory distress - he had the cord wrapped around his neck and was blue (had very low scores on the Apgar all 3 times) so he went into special care for 24 hrs. We thought we had lost him when he was born, but thankfully ended up pulling through and went on to be a very chubby and healthy baby. My husband nicknamed him "Breadshop" because of how many rolls he had!
    Then, on 09/12/05 I went in to check on him (he was sleeping on our bed because of the heat) and found him face down - he had rolled for the first time on his own! He wasn't breathing, he was cold and I just screamed in panic. I started CPR and in the first moment I thought he was back because he vomitted everywhere, but there was still no response. I continued CPR until the ambulance arrived where they took over and whisked him away to the hospital. The hospital staff tried very hard to revive him for what felt like a really long time - but unfortuanately he had already passed away.
    I'm in tears right now just reminiscing!
    After a while we were asked if we wanted to go and see Liam one last time before they took him away. I was in so much shock, I couldn't think for myself! My husband wanted to see him and at that point in time I knew I had to or I would regret it for the rest of my life. It was so hard to see him with all the wires and tubes and needles coming out of him. But, amongst all of the horror of what had just happened was my little boy - my baby. I gave him one last kiss and a cuddle, then, said goodbye.
    If there's one thing I am totally and utterly greatful for is the time we had with him. Even though it was very short he touched our lives and we will never forget him.
    Rest In Peace my little one.

*TamaraP* Guest

Oh sweety this has brought so many tears to my eyes...
    Your little boy Liam is certainly looking down on you...

Hugs Hugs...

I'm so sorry to hear about your devastating loss. I really feel that anything I say in response is utterly inadequate. Thank-you for sharing your little Liam's story with us.

Fire Fly Guest

Oh God! is all i can think at the moment. How strong you are to be able to sit and re-live that by writing it down. I could never do that.
    I can not even begin to imagine the pain and grief you and your husband are going through. I wish i had the right words to take your pain away .

So deeply sorry for your HUGE loss. Please stay strong.

I am so sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Liam is definitley looking down on you and will forever be your guardian angel.

Oh Mousie - i am so incredibly sorry for you and your husband. Your little Liam was born the same day as my Ella (we almost lost her at birth too). I can't even comprehend what you have had to go through and my heart goes out to you. I think that you are an amazing, strong woman and it is beautiful how you have stated how grateful you are for the treasured time you were able to share with Liam. I wish you the very, very best with this new pregnancy and pray that this baby can help you to heal. Liam will be looking out for you all i'm sure. Thank you for sharing such a touching story with us

There's nothing I can say...... big hugs to you. Ladies, hold your babies close, you never know how long you will have them.

:hugs: I am so sorry

I sit here crying for you. No other words. What a painful loss.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know words don't help anything but you are now in my thoughts. I hope that sharing your story has been helpful to you. Congratulations on your current pregnancy.

i am in tears reading your story. I cannot imagine your pain. much love to you and your family. I am sure you beautiful boy is amoungst the angels in heaven watching over you.

I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Mousie my deepest condolences on your loss. This little boy will always have his place in your family. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I can only imagine how hard it was to sit down and relive it again.

Mousie

You are a very brave and courageous woman to share the story of your darling little boy Liam. I have no idea how you are feeling and can not comprehend how you must feel. I am so very deeply sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself and that gourgeous little miracle growing inside of you.

<<hugs>>

Spring Angel

I agree with dach. so i send big hugs and deepest sympathies

Simone xxoo

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

i am so very sorry that you sufferedthe loss of your precious Liam

Fraser Guest

my heart broke reading that - I'm so sorry you lost your son. I couldn't imagine ever being able to write about that - you're very strong.

tiggy Guest

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your special little man, Liam.
    There are no words.
    I hope that you find strength and peace and hold onto all the beautiful memories that you made together as a family.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast