Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disposables - what's your favourite brand?

yeah I have bought the Little Wishes wipes recently, and was very happy with them because of the saving I made...
    But I definately saw some new boxes of nappies which were a Woolworths brand... had never seen them before 2 weeks ago... I will check them out again next time I go in.

Maybe my Big W doesn't have them yet :-k What did you think of the quality of the wipes Ambah?

Matthew is in a mix of both cloth and disposable. We`ve only brought Huggies for Matthew in Hospital they were using another brand I can`t remember what now but they were so hard like cardboard.

Sarah - are Big W and Woolworths one and the same?? I am talking about Woolthworths/Safeway brand (not Homebrand either)...
    Big W I believe stock the Dymples.... which Woolworths dont have...

The little Wishes wipes are not as thick as the Huggies, but I still find they work just as efficiently, and I dont have to use anymore than I would with Huggies ones.
    Though it also may be because Aidyn is older and his nappies are generally not as messy as when he was younger, if that makes sense? So I dont know if they would be as effective as cleaning up a younger babies bum as the Huggies are?

We only use Huggies, i have tried Snugglers once when Aaron was about 3 months old and they leaked really bad so i went back Huggies.They are expensive but for me they seem to be the best.

i have tried the woolworths ones and they didnt leak, but i didnt like the shape of them, they were extremely high in the waiste, although the newborn ones are a special low cut design. i also wasnt too keen on the green colour of them, sounds silly i know.

the coles ones are a better cut supermarket nappie, they are more like a huggies shape. and they have a wetness indicator printed allover them which is a good idea. although i think most mums can tell just by looking at a nappy that it is full anyway!

They were giving away the Little wishes samples at the baby expo in Melbourne. I have 2 of them, but I haven't used them yet. They look very similar to the treasures nappies from NZ. Quite papery. I quite like the pattern on them though- green with froggies I think.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We use huggies nappies and wipes, I haven't tried other nappies but we've never had a problem with the huggies. I have tried other wipes and nothing compares to them I have found. They are extremely tough and thick, I find some of the others too thin and papery and don't do very much for you.

I have only used Huggies nappies and wipes too and while they are expensive im quite happy with them and think ill stick with them too.

I am the same as Melinda, I use Snugglers through the day and Huggies at night, and this works wonderfully for us, haven't had any leaks yet.

Has anyone heard about or used a brand called Softlove? I have seen them over here in NZ but dont know if they would be any good or not??

yeah the little wishes nappies are too papery.

try the little wishes wipes if you like huggies, heaps cheaper and they are the same sort of thick embossed material, not the thin stuff like the johnsons

we use huggies and i reckon they are the best

With my kids, Huggies and Snugglers were the best in terms of leaks etc. When they were in nappies, we lived where there was a nappy factory outlet. They sold Huggies seconds in boxes of 200. It worked out to about 4cents per nappy, and you'd get one, perhaps two dud nappies per box. Most of the time they were seconds because the print on the nappy hadn't turned out right.

my Mum has been buying nappies for us (already!) she bought a box of the new Woolies brand ones, she reckons they look and feel as good as Huggies. they are low cut so that the nappy stays away from the little umbilical cord stump and apparently they are really thick. i haven't seen them yet though.

I'm snobby and like well named brands although mind you, I know that there's probably nothing wrong with the others, and like I said I feel abit snbby but Im a Huggies girl, all the way.

Asha has been in Huggies since she was born (no time for cloth nappies here!!). We have jsut switched her day time nappies to a cheaper brand and she still is in huggies at night.

We have tried the Woolworths ones and they were great. She has a box of them at day care, which she has almost finished. The girls at day care love them and say they have had no problems with them except the one time Asha did a runny poo and they leaked!

I have just come home from Big W where I bought two boxes of Baby love nappies for $60. We are using cosifits (chemist brand) at the moment and I love them.

With Emma and Jack I used cosifits all the time and used the night time nappies (cosifits brand) as well. I had forgotten about them until I bought some the other day and have started using them again. They are great nappies.

Cheers

I get snugglers from big W. They are $35 but have more in the box than the ones at the supermarket so work out cheaper in the end.
    $35 for 102 nappies is .34 cents per nappy but from the supermarket they are $29.95 for 72 and are .41 cents each.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast