Thread: 'Smelly' Huggies

Default 'Smelly' Huggies

Each night about 7pm I put a Huggies on DD. During the day I use cloth or other occasional sposie. But, in the morning, the Huggies has an unpleasant chemical smell off it. It is very heavy with wee, but it is not a wee smell, iykwim? I have to put it straight in the outside bin as I can't stand the smell of it. I told a friend who gave me 2 of her Huggies to try to see that it wasn't a bad batch, but the same thing happened. Anyone else experience this? I keep using them as I don't know another one that I can leave on for 10-12 hours and not leak.

morgan78 Guest

ikwym - DS always wears huggies to bed - for the same reason - and yep they stink the next morning

I've never noticed a smell other than urine in the morning nappy, but I would assume it is from the crystals that absorb it. If you smell a new nappy in the pack, they do have a bit of a smell to them.

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi, Madeleine only has the smell of urine in the morning but no chemical smell.

I reccon they stink like a dirty public toilet in the morning and I do know the chemical smell you refer to as well.

Have you tried using the next size up nappy? I only notice the smell when she wears a nappy that she is close to the weight limit. El is 14kg and during the day i use the 10-15kg toddler but at night i use the 13-18kg walker and find that the size up is much better for night.

Jas and Ella

smiles4u Guest

Wink

I absolutely agree with ELLAKAYTE, I found the exact same thing happening with my daughter !!

... I was going to suggest the same as " ellakayte " has

Thanks for the idea. However, I have her in Crawlers (6 to 11kg) and she is only 7kg. Perhaps the 10 to 15 kg is the way to go? I actually am thinking of ditching them and getting a few bamboo cloth nappies for night with covers......

~Belinda~ Guest

Deirdre, Madeleine is already in toddler huggies and she's about 8kgs now....much more room and better!

I know the smell you mean! I avoid sposies AMAP and use bamboo BBH overnight, only smells of wee then! FWIW, the Aldi nappies don't seem to have that smell.

The ALDI nappies do have a bit of a smell, but it's not unpleasant - a bit perfumey??

We use BBH bamboo overnight & they just smell like wee in the morning.

Yup - hate the smell of sposies - I keep checking to see if it's poo! But it never is! LOL. I recommend BBH bamboo for night time too

Me too Liz! I'm always convinced there's a poo in there! But no, he saves them for his nice cloth nappies

We use snugglers over night and they do the same thing when big wee is in there. Yucko.

I would really like to know what Aldi nappies are??? I have been reading about them on BB for about a year and still don't know them. They mustn't be in WA. Is it a shop with its own nappy brand?

Aldi is a cheap shop like a supermarket, it is german discount chain. and then have their own brand of nappies.
    I also find the chemical smell w huggies - i use babylove ecobots and they dont smell as bad...