Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Toilet training general chatter

Default Re: Toilet training general chatter

How did the day go MummaT?
    We are hit and miss here, dd has had more accidents then I can count, however today only one accident. She has started telling me she needs to do wees as she runs down to the toilet. Number 2's are another story.

Yesterday was interesting, he did a wee about 1 minute after I posted, too late to get to the potty and ran off thinking he would be in trouble. 3 hours later I missed another wee as I had gone outside for a couple of minutes. I did get him as he was doing/finishing a poo a little bit later and grabbed him and put him on the potty. While he wasn't looking I grabbed some of the poo in his undies and when he got up off the potty I slipped the poo into the potty so he thought he had done it. Cheered and congratulated etc as if he had so he understood the potty was a good thing.

Today has been 50% in the potty so far which is success in my eyes.

Well small success here, today was an accident free day!!!
    Dd has starting taking herself to the loo when she needs to wee, yay!

Yay girls! Great milestones and MT I love your technique!

At last, got 3 wees in the toilet today!! it may have involved chocolate encouragement for DS and two friends/sibling that were here, and talk of the need to wee in the toilet if he wants to go to kinder. but we finally got some. hoping it is smooth sailing from here.

Thats great Hoti.

How are you all going now?

After 4 days ot was very clear that DS can not tell when a wee or poo is coming. He seems surprised everytime and was getting upset thinking he would be in trouble when he had an accident. So we stopped. We are now getting him on the potty as soon as he wakes so we can try get the morning wee in the potty. Yesterday was successful but today he wee'd before i could get him on, he still thought he did great and congratulated himself haha.
    We will keep doing this for a few weeks and hopefully he starts to recognise the feeling so we can try again. Daycare said that they will pop him on the toulet at wach nappy change to get him used to the idea too and when we say so will go into full on training mode.

Oh poor sweet DS MummaT. Your daycare carers sound really supportive of your needs and opinions too.

Hotl yay for your little one! Was like that with DD1 too.

We are doing great. Rarely any accidents but only as long as I encourage her - or directly ask her - to use the potty. If she is busy playing she will forget or perhaps just not bother. All poos on the toilet lately - again as long as I pop her on - except if we are out at someone else's house. Then it is back to poo in pants. I think because she doesn't get to sit on the potty with her toys for as long as it takes her to relax enough / will the poo to come out.

She also is not great at wiping or pulling her underpants up properly.

I should get involved here ...

DS1 (4yo) is finally able to wipe his own bum properly (most of the time) and only very occasionally has an accident (usually because we're out somewhere and he's too busy playing to stop and go to the toilet ... he knows he's done it, he just doesn't care -- what's with that??)

DS2 (2yo) has started toilet training and is doing pretty well when awake - naps and overnight is still 100% nappyzone though, but he has started telling us when he's done wee as well as poo, which suggests to me he's making progress ... he doesn't like being dirty, so he should start letting us know when he needs to go soon ... right?

Who knows Peanutter! The other day DD1 (she turns 3 next month) excitedly informed me she had done a BIG yellow wee AND a BIG BIG poo (on the potty). When I looked there was wee but no poo, but a mountain of toilet paper and she said, very seriously, it's a toilet paper poo. And she expected a reward for it. When I explained it wasn't a real poo she just kept saying, yes it is, it is a real toilet paper poo!

have had awesome few days. all day wees in the toilet. one day, he got out a pull up and put it when he needed to poo. the other poos have been early morning ones when he still has nappy on from overnight. i'm not pushing too much atm, considering he is going so well with wees.

today, we were out and so i had put a pull up on him. this morning he told me "i no like pull ups!" He told me he needed to wee. I asked if he wanted to wee on the grass (i would pull over) or could he wait til we got to friend's place (10 mins away). He said "I wait". i wasn't actually convinced he could wait but he didn't want to go on the grass. Got to friend's place and he checked out toilet, but was still wary. few more minutes later, he was ready and did his first wee in non-home toilet. even better, the pull up was dry, so he had held on for quite awhile.

Its so true, it is so much easier to do it when they are ready! Plus, finding the right motivation. DS really wants to go to 3 yr old kinder, and the kids have to be toilet trained to go. Got 3 more weeks to work on poos.

Thats fantastic! Well done to your DS with the waitinf etc.

3 yr old kinder is a great motivator.

I keep missing DS1s first morning wee, i am just not quick enough but living on 5 hours sleep a night isnt helping so we will just talk wee and poo til he is ready to try again

I don't know if first morning wee is that important.

We were very lucky training ds1 (3 tmrw!) as he pretty much toilet trained on his own accord when he was 2yrs4mnths. The only thing I initially did was put the potty in the bathroom and get him to do a week before the bath or shower. I felt the running water was alwAys a good motivator! We did that tho for atleast six months so he was fully comfortable with the potty by the time toilet training started.

Lady love - I never understand the sheer delight in poos! Ds1 tonight was telling me how awesome it was that he did a big big poo at the beach on the weekend (not the actual beach lol we were there staying with family) and started cheering about how it made his tummy feel heaps better lol.

Toilet training is a funny experience!

still on the teaching contract roundabout

We're doing "do you want to go to the toilet every nappy change?" here. Seems to be working okay probably 50-70% wee rate. Offered undies to ds2 (2 3/4 yrs) but he didn't want to wear them yet on his bottom - rather on his head. We had 3 farts last night with a teeny bit of poop on the loo - not enough to drop (only noticed when putting night nappy on). Childcare is also putting on toilet when nappy change happens.
    He's pretty excited about getting the toilet insert set up & sitting on the toilet when he wants to go.

DS2 has between 0 and 3 accidents a day, but is still in nappies for outings, naps and overnight - basically because he's no at a point where he lets us know that he needs the toilet 9 times out of 10 ...

He almost never does a poo on the toilet though - not sure if he waits for the nappy, or whether he just doesn't get around to it, and then doe it in his sleep ... not sure.

Can't wait to have the boys both out of nappies, though!!

Oh gosh yes, peanutter I can't wait to be a nappy free household too!!

Well done all on the successes thus far too this time round tting I figure every day out of nappies whether there is an an accident or not is a success.

The last two days we have had massive days out, which included long car drives and public toilets. And we had no accidents!!!! Oh my gosh I am so stoked, I took nappies, and a couple of change of clothes just in case. I am so proud of her. She's still not willing to do number 2's on the toilet, but slowly slowly she is getting there.

I am so glad I don't have two in cloth anymore- it was far out for a while!

Well we are restarting/ focusing on toilet learning.
    DD gets 95% of her wees at home in the potty and about 70% of poos.
    She isn't wearing anything on her bottom half when awake at home.
    I'm wondering if training undies would be a good idea. The ones that are a bit absorbent.
    Any recommendations for brands?
    Where do I buy them from please? How many pairs should I buy?

I got some from big w, useless...doesnt absorb a full wee, not even half a wee, so ive given up on them and just bought Spock real undies.
    We are very slowly pushing it. I feel she should ve already and daycare have said a few times we need to start...
    Atm when we are home i give her the choice between nappy and undies. She chooses nappy if she needs to do poos. Or if she is wearing undies she will demand a nappy for poos (im ok with that atm) when in undies she yesterday she had 1 accident where she knew she was going but was too slow pulling undies off. And another cause i was too late catching her after a nap, she happily sat on the pot but had already done a wee before being fully awake. Aside from that we got 4? In the pot. =)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast