Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Toilet training general chatter

Default Re: Toilet training general chatter

Teeki - DS didn't really get it properly until was just in undies - (or he just knew could be lazy) - but if yours have only a small amount of padding in them then I would think wouldn't be confusing.

DS isn't properly toilet trained yet we still have only about a 75% success rate with poos - wees he is good with now, but poos who knows?? we are 100% successful if he is wearing his sisters clothes but only about 30% successful if he is wearing his own (as he chooses to wear DD's clothes on about 60% of days this is not so bad :-)). DH thinks we should go back to pull-ups because cleaning poo out of clothing is just horrible, but I think that would just mean a return to him weeing and pooing in the pull up. Are there any normal pants which clip/unclip on the sides? That would make trying to deal with a poo in the pants much easier. Is only about once a week I end up dealing with a poo in the pants but sometimes is a couple of times at daycare and I feel bad for them. His poos are enormous about the size of small chicken so are not easy to deal with - one in his beach gear on the weekend was not pleasant (he said to me "with poos I just have no idea" - I think he has heard me say that, because he clearly has an idea some of the time) - thank goodness for doggy poo bags!!!

Wombutts cloth pull ups could be worn without the insert. They have side snaps, but can also be pulled up and down bc they have elastic sides

we had one win today =) Spock had a nappy and pants on, and said she wanted to use the pot, so I took everything off her, and she did wees!!! normally if she is nudie rudie we have a 75% success rate with going on the pot, but this was the first time she had a nappy on and wanted it off =)
    unfortunately, I then get too excited and think she has clicked and will do that every time now....and she ended up with an overfull leaking nappy cause she kept saying no when i asked her if she needed to do wees, or had done one and needed a new nappy....probably shouldn't trust her no's anymore...

DS asked to wear undies the other morning. Awesome! Then had runny poos. Told me he had wees. (I was making lunch for kindy). I said go to the bathroom, i be there in a sec. Cue poos from kitchen to bathroom, luckily most in bathroom as he jumped up and down cos it was running down his leg.
    Always listen when child says wees or poos, especially when they don't always distinguish one from the other.

DD 33 months has been using training pants for a couple of months now. The first few days were fantastic. No accidents, she took really well to going to the toilet, wiping, flushing, hand washing etc. But it's all been falling apart lately.

If I remind her to go to the toilet, she refuses to go to the toilet now unless bribed. She will tell me she needs to go - mid pee. By the time we get there it's too late. I never make a huge deal, just "Oh well, good try" and make a huge praise fuss when she does get it.

But the biggest problem is she has started saving her poos up for nap time (when she wears a nappy). She will do it 5 min after being put down and no matter how tired she is, if she has done a poo, she refuses to go back to bed. She normally has up to a 3hr nap, but this week she has not had ANY naps, even after swimming, despite being really tired. And tonight we had our first episode of night terrors - which I read can be caused bt sleep deprivation!

I am due with bub #2 in 2 weeks and thinking of throwing in the towel on toilet training for now. I only started initially because she had all the signs of readiness and seemed keen - and she was - but now it seems to be causing more trouble than it's worth. Any ideas?

I have no real tips...i know it is common (normal?) For children to go back and forth etc.. i don't plan on pushing at all with Spock, for the same reason, due with #2 in next few weeks.

Hi lovely BBers. Well we are in here for real now. Bit the bullet and decided to start TTing DD1. She is 3 in Feb and will start 3 year old kinder then. Also have discovered having two in cloth is not so fun especially as DD1 is a heavy wetter AND 2-3 a day soiler.

She has been great with wees, all on the toilet but only if I tell her to sit on it. The first two days she would run to the potty if she needed to go, sometime a tad too late but still with wee in the bladder. If I kept an eye on the time and her liquid intake and reminded her she was perfect.

Today, thought I'd see how she went only with reminders and asking IF she needed to go (no actual 'now it's time to sit on the little toilet) and despite being so good in the first days today was a disaster. Wet pants simply because she was too involved in play or didn't want to use the toilet.

Poos meanwhile are a complete no-go. I suppose this is normal even if wees are relatively successful? She will be on off on off the toilet all morning and even spend up to 20 mins on it then within 5 minutes of getting off goes into a secret private place and soils her underpants. Man!!

ETA - she won't tell me if she has wet or dirtied her pants either.

Oh ladylove, I'm tting dd3 too, 3 in feb and well She's ready and so am I, she's just a stubborn little thing.
    I decided to start dd3 later than the other two, thinking it may be easier, but it's not.
    I really hate the toilet training part of parenting little ones.
    Sorry for the whinge but today is a major low day when it comes to tting

We are starting toilet training with DS1 after Christmas, he is 2 1/2 and tells us some of the time so thought we'd give it a go before I have to go back to full time work. He is in daycare 3 days a week from next week so kind of glad I get to share the load a bit.

Lucky you MummaT - DD1 never told us anything! She could have been in a dirty or dripping wet nappy all day and not care.

Beans I've discovered I hate TT with a passion! Brings out my impatient side alas.

We have had a breakthrough though- DD went from poo in underpants and if no underpants then poo on the floor to four days of poo in the potty, but only when we sat her on it after breakfast, with her dummy, and a book, toys etc. After about half an hour of faffing about she would do it in the toilet. A big yay! Not putting herself there on toilet but at least not in her pants.

Yesterday had a family lunch at Grandma's, she faffed about at home as usual but no poo, then at Grandma's reverted back to underpants deal. She was good and told me she'd 'had an accident' though so I praised her for that.

Then this morning no poo on the toilet again but just before lunch she said 'uh oh I need the toilet!' Ran about a little madly, I popped her on, her pants were dry (yay!- previously she would say she needed toilet a smidgen too late) then two minutes later she said 'mummy I did a BIG and a little poo in the toilet!' Bless! All by herself!

LL yay for some progress thats great. You must be feeling a bit relieved its all starting to click into place.

So boxing day is our big start. DS1 is consistently telling me when he does wee in his nappy when he goes to bed. I think for us it will be a matter of keeping the potty out and the TV off. At least he will have all his new christmas presents to play with so that should be a little easier. Fingers crossed it's not too painful for me LOL

I bought Spock some undies the other day, in the hope to encourage it. I now ask if she wants undies or a nappy, ... Still very hit and miss though

DD1 gets to choose a pair every morning. I want to get her some panda or dinosaur ones but can't seem to find any.

Kmart have dinosaurs in the boys undies?

Oh great! Looked in boys and girls in Target, Myer, but didn't think of Kmart.

Need opinions ladies...
    Our hot water service is dead until at least next Monday. Do you find you need to bath/shower them extra from "accidents"? Trying to decide if I should delay starting for those extra few days

Hmm, dd tells me she needs a shower after every accident. I on the other hand think she only needs a shower if it can't be cleaned up with a face washer or baby wipe

Well we have started and 3 hours in and not a single wee yet. He is liking the undies so hopefully when it comes to wee it will motivate him to use the potty

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast