Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums

belmarks Guest

hi girls, just checking in to see how everyone is doing....

Coby is really sick at the moment, yet another cold for him, he had a really high fever tonight which scared me, because there was a teenage boy who recently died in our area from meningococcal, but Coby is ok thank goodness, I think he is having all sorts of problems with his tonsils - if it continues, they'll be coming out!!

Hope you are all ok.....

tiggy Guest

Hi Bel,
    So sorry to hear that Coby is sick. It seems to be the done thing at the moment.
    We have had gastro in our house and Ivy and Noah are just on the tail end of it, I hope.
    Mennigococcal is very scary. Last year Immy was really ill and I took her up to the hospital. They made murmerings of the big M and I was so frightened. They treated her with antibugs just in case. Thank goodness it wasn't but every year I worry.

Nickers, Yeah the B&W ones are Bubsincharacter. I am a photo addict and they were my gift from Davey after I had the babies.

Carrie, thanks for saying they're gorgeous, we all think so in this house.

Hi All,

Nixon has his 4 week assesment yesterday
    Weight: 3360 (7p4oz) (1064g since birth)
    Length: 52cm (4cm since birth)
    HC: 35cm (4.7cm since birth)
    Now thats more like a newborn size!

we spoke about the reflux and whilst i was there he chucked 5-6 times, she gave me a book which offers different suggestions that may help, like putting pillow on change table to he is proped up, turning him to the side to wipe instead of bring legs up, proping his bed up etc. She also suggested Mylanta, what do you all think of it?
    Spoke to Pharmasist too they said was ok. so last night gave him 0.5ml 5min b4 his feed @ 10.30pm, he only chucked once and slept until 4.30am, i managed to bring him back to bed with me until 6.30am b4 feeding him. Do you think i should have rang the paed b4 giving him anything? I really do think it helped as he did not scream at all after his feed.

Bel- i hope coby gets over his sickness soon, i haven't had to go throw a sick baby yet but i can imagine its not too fun for him or youself.

How's everyone else?

Hi Girls, sorry I haven't posted in a while!

Nic, wow, those stats are great - Nixon is doing so well. Re the Mylanta...I'm sorry I don't have any advice myself as we have not experienced reflux but it doesn't sound like it was necessary to call the paed first - you were given the same advice from the nurse and pharmacist and it sounds like the Mylanta is doing the trick. I hope things continue to improve for Nixon.

Carrie, how is Kyla doing? Hope you are all feeling better!

Jess, how is Patrick doing? Hopefully you might actually have him home (or close to coming home) by now!

Bel, I hope poor Coby is feeling better soon. What do you do for him when he has a cold? Have you found anything that helps in particular?

Tiff, Ivy and Noah just get more and more beautiful every time I see them. They are looking so well. I hope the gastro hasn't hit them too hard. How are all your patients doing?

We are well here. It turns out the 9 month mark was a big milestone for Josh...he started sitting unaided, he started crawling (commando style) and he got his first tooth all within 2-3 days of turning 9 months old! His 2nd tooth is through now too. Very exciting! We went to premmie playgroup this morning and he is apparently doing all the right things, which was good to hear.

Tiff, I just noticed that you have a link to William's page and have just visited.....wow. It really touched me. I am sitting here in awe of your gorgeous, gorgeous little man. It is so special.

tiggy Guest

Hey Bec,
    Well, I think we are over the worst of it I've sent everyone back to school and work. Ivy and Noah are really unsettled today , just waiting to see which way we are going to go with them...full recovery and just unsettled because they have been carried and cuddled all day yesterday or going downhill. SO far Ivy has vomited up most of this mornings feed, so we will see...

YAY for Josh!!!!!! How amazing that he is going ahead in leaps and bounds! You must be one proud Mum!

Thanks for signing Will's guest book. I weighed up putting it in the link but he was/is such a big part of my life.

Tiff- i have just visited Williams site. You are truely amazing and strong. I cried reading his story, even after i have already read your story on BB. i loved the pictures you got with him, what a gorgeous boy! you have some very special memories that will live in your hearts forever & one day when Ivy & Noah are bi enough they can hear about their big brother & what a strong boy he was for the short life he had.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Nic - he was so special to us and Ivy and Noah will know him, you are right. We were truly blessed when he came into our lives. Thank you for looking at his site, it means so much.

Tiff - I just looked at William's site as well, you and your family are amazing at what you have gone through.

belmarks Guest

I did too Tiff, I have never cried so much! Im sorry that you had to go through that, but also happy that you had that wonderful little guy in your lives. He is so beautiful!

You and your family are a wonderful inspiration to all of us.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Girls. That means so much.

Tiff, glad to hear that your family is on the mend. I hope Ivy and Noah have been feeling better today. And thanks...I am a pretty proud mum!

You've inspired me with William's website. I used to have a Babies Online one for Georgia, but it expired so I have been working on a new one and like you, I have been weighing up whether or not to link it. Once it is done, I will add it...

Hi to everyone else too. Hope all mums and bubs are well...

tiggy Guest

Bec,
    I can't wait to see it.

Ivy and Noah had their 6 month needles today. I hate them. I guess though it's better than the alternative.Poor babies. Ivy hasn't been to the chiro all week because of the gastro and man am I paying for it. Last night, today and tonight she has been such a high maintainance baby. Thank goodness Noah has seetled down.
    Noah rolled from his belly to his back on Saturday and I was really chuffed! Funny how such a little thing can cause so much excitement!

We have an appointment in July with an early intervention centre. They will assess Ivy and Noah to see if they are meeting their milestones, if not, I think they get the varying therapies to help them. I am hoping that they are ok.
    Other than that we are gastro free now. Ivy's bottom is red raw but I'm sure I can get that under control soon.

Hope everyone is good.

belmarks Guest

poor little Ivy's bot bot, glad the gastro is gone though Tiff.

Bec I will look forward to reading your story too....

Thanks girls. I am part-way there, it's just a matter of a certain little someone allowing me time on the computer. He is going through a clingy stage atm and won't give me a minute to myself! (It's actually driving me a bit batty!)

Oh, Tiff, I hate the needles too. The first time I almost cried right alongside Josh. WTG Noah with the rolling!! I would be chuffed too! I'm chuffed every time Josh does something new! It is so exciting. I hope everything is fine with Ivy & Noah's assessments too. It certainly sounds like they are doing well. And yay for no more gastro!

Well, Patrick came home 3 days ago (day 12) and everything is going well. Our first night was interesting as Bella decided that she was going to wake up at Patrick's 3.30am feed and stay awake until 5 am.

Tiff,

I too spent some time redaing William's site, I too cried, smiled & have a huge lump in my throat I cannot get rid of...
    You are the strongest people I know & have endured so much, I cant imagine so much pian & heartache inflicted on a family & yet you still soldier on... You are my inspiration & also my Hero!!! I wish I could show you how much I admire your strength & the strength of your family!!!

WTG Noah too for rolloing & poor Ivy's bottom...

Jess... YAY @ Patrick being at home!!

Hi there,
    Tiff - I also had a look at William's site. What a beautiful little boy and the site is a wonderful tribute to him.
    Poor little Ivy - I hope her bot is improving. And YAY for Noah rolling, what a smartie!!!
    Hope that you are all feeling much better after the gastro.

Jess- Congrats on getting Patrick home, that's wonderful! Gee it must have been difficult having both of them up during the night tho!!

Hi Bec, Bel, Nic and louise - Hope all is well with you and your little ones!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast