Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #5

Hey nic, i take it you mean 4ld 15oz, not 14ld LOL Congrats to your gf How great she had them naturally!

Kathryn, that so good that Ashton's put on weight, anythings a a gain, and as nic said, he'll be at his birth weight in no time

tiggy Guest

Kathryn,
    So good to hear that Ashton has put on weight!

oops yeah i meant 4p not 14p!

Its ok nic, i just had a giggle when i saw it

Well, i'm putting Annliese into cloth nappies, she's having trouble with disposables-she cant seem to get rid of nappy rash. No matter how much cream i use, although nappy free time helps, as soon as those nappies go back on it flares up. I wanted to try them anyway, this is a good excuse for DH :P

hey tiff, how are the twins today, are they feeling any better?? I hope so xx

I can't wait till Ashton's butt is bigger so we can get him into cloth. I only use terry towelling ones, can't be bothered getting into all the premade/folded stuff. Kameron was in cloth from coming home just about when he was born, so when Ashton hits over 6lb then I might start. Not long to go

My headache is still lingering but alot better today. Now that I have some money in the bank thanks to the baby bonus I might finally invest in some new glasses for computer work.

Love

My headaches gone too, both boys slept thru last night and Anneliese only woke up about 3am, as usual. There's always deal around for glasses, you dont always have to spend a fortune on them... I need some too, so i know how you feel

Im not goingt o bother with the premade ones, it doesnt take that long to fold them yourself, for all the money you save... i just bought the white terry's from kmart, cheap and easy.

Yep my thoughts exactly Simone about the Cloth nappies.

Love

I was thinking about getting some of the coloured terry ones, just for something different in summer, when the kids pretty much just wear singlets and nappies (boardies and wifebeaters for the boys lol) Anyone know where you'd get those? I've seen the flannel coloured ones, but not terry's (i know this is prolly the wrong place to put this, feel free to move please kathryn...)

just been to c my friends twins, oh they r so cute & little! it is amazing what 6months does, they felt so light!

anyway simone u will have a giggle @ this. took us 3 go's to actually get the the right hospital (royal woman hosp) i picked up dh from work (tullamarine) as we were getting close he says i know where it is, but the was on the mob. we came to a hosp & went in, parked, got nxon out etc & i saw the sign said royal childrens. anyway i said maybe its the building next to it, but ummm no! (luckily parking dude let us out for free!)
    he said to to where the big cranes r on xxx street. do that car park full, find a spot go through it all again only to find this time we are at the Royal melb hosp not WOMANS!!! luckily it was within walking distance but by the time we stuffed around we had wasted over half an hr! (dh end up being away from work for 2.5hrs! but this gf used to work with him so they were kinda ok about him going!)

Nic your right, i did giggle at that!!

When i went into labour at 25w, we had FIL's car, a manual DH can't drive them to save his life. But because i was having contractions, he wouldnt let me drive. We were staying in Moonee Ponds, next to the race course, and her decided to try and go the back way to the Womens. He got lost, and kept bunny hopping the car. In the end, i had to drive myself to hospital... I nearly killed him. I felt awful enough without him jumping the car all over the place!!! Its a confusing area, i know it like the back of my hand know, spending so much time around there... i Have to go back soon, instead of making the mounted wall frame thing of pics like everyone else, i scrapbooked a couple of pages, and am goingt o buy an album to put them in, and put it in the parents room near the NICU. and people can add to it, something different. But i've got to take it in, Anneliese has an U/S on her hips next month for hip dysplasia, so i have to go back...

Simone have you tried places like Big W for the coloured nappies?

Love

Not yet, it's abit of a trudge to Big W, been to target and kmart, not much there anymore... Going to BW next week, when i've got money

I went to Big W yesterday and we have heaps of cloth nappies there! I would love to try cloth nappies again, but its a bit hard while you are in a caravan

Took Ashton to his 2wk health check and he is now 50cm long !! I knew he had got longer. So that is 3cm since birth. Also going by their scales which are bloody old he is 2.7kg so past his birth weight meaning he would have but on 170g in 2 days (yeah right) so I am not even going to get excited by that and just wait till the hospital midwife comes out and weighs him on Monday.

Love

tiggy Guest

Wow Kathryn, that is fantastic news! Go Ashton GO! (I would get excited) cos 170 gms on old scales has to be something on newbies!!!

Rofl that is good point Tiff Cant wait till Monday

Love

wow kathryn 3cm in 2weeks!! Thats great!

Nixon cut his first tooth yesterday! he was a little sooky the night b4 and kept waking up wanting his dummy (i was thinking if he is gonna start doing this it may be time to ditch the dummy!) but now i know why..... so u can only just feel this sharp little tooth just through... i dont think the other bottom one will be far behind either

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast