Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #5

awww yay at the first tooth. i hope it doesn't give him too much grief.

Love

Great news about Ashton's weight gain Kathryn

Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone is well
    Have not been online for the last few days. PC problems ended up formatting which only took 2 long days :throw_computer:
    Anyway great news Willow finally cut her first 2 teeth She look so funny when she smiles now cos all you can see is 2 little white teeht sticking up. She also really likes the idea of this food thing too, 2 jars a day! She is starting to crawl (Oh No....hehehe) So we are hoping that she loses a little of her baby fat... She is getting so big now. I still even after having 3 kids find it funny how things all at once.
    BTW... Has anyone got an ideas on how I can get her to eat vegies She HATES them and will not have a bar of them.

Raven

Hi Raven,

wow WTG Willow on her milestones!! Must be the week for teeth as Nixon just cut his first tooth also! wow crawling already thats amazing!
    regarding vegies. When she started solids did she eat rice cerial/farex? if she liked this you could try adding a small amount of something (say potato or pumkin) to it. if she eats it gradually add more then she might get used to the taste.
    have u also tried just steaming some vegies @ home then mashing/pureeing them?
    i havent bought any of the jars of food so not sure but might taste different to the real thing. Not sure what else as Nixon seems to be eating everything so far.

Thanks Nic, Yes we did try her on farex but she hated it. The next thing we will try is to make our own and see it that gets her to eat them
    Wow yay on Nixon's first tooth, how did he go? I know it was a week of hell for Willow & us when she was cutting the first one.

Raven

Hiya Girls

Had a pretty good night here last night. Fed Ashton at 9pm and he woke at 1am for another feed. Well he was half awake so I got him up. I only woke cause the dog barked. Then from that feed he slept all the way till 7am this morning so that was a 6hr stretch. I had to physically wake him up even then to feed as he was still sound asleep and my boobs were bursting LOL. Been making sure he is feeding 3hrly today to make up for last night.

Love

Wow Kathryn on the big sleep! Isn't it a pain when bubs wants to keep sleeping - and so do you - but the boobs won't let you forget they need emptying!

Yay Nic and Raven on the tooth cutting! Ella just got her sixth this week - damn those teething poos - definately doesn't help the m/s!

Raven - on the vegies topic Ella loved mashed sweet potato, carrot and pumpkin as they are a bit sweeter than most vegs...oh and corn too. I'd eventually alternate mouthfuls with other vegs and she got used to them. I found that she prefered vegies unmixed - eg was fussy when i mashed a whole heap of different ones together - perhaps the flavour was a bit too strange so i'd blend and freeze a stack of seperate vegs in little containers and give her two different ones - alternate mouthfuls - each night. Now she'll eat pretty much all of them - even stuff like olives, capsicum, zuchinni.... Good luck!

Just uploaded some photos of Pat onto his webpage...If you want to see the other kids as well just click on the gallery up top

Hiya girls

Ashton was meant to have got weighed today by the midwifes, but she rang this morning to say they were heaps busy so asked if he was feeding okay etc which he is, so now they aren't coming out till tomorrow. that is fine with me gives him and extra day to put on more weight

Have to go and tackle some housework now, specially the dishes LOL. then I will be back to check out the photos of pat.

Love

Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone is well and happy
    Just wanted to let you all know the I finally got a webpage up for Willow.
    I will be putting more pic's on tomorrow. If anyone can think of anything eles I should put on Willow's web page please let me know, as this is the first one I have ever done. Oh yeah thanks *Rae* for the tip, I finally got Willow to eat Vegies tonight only sweet potato but it's a start.
    Raven

Pictures sounds like a good start I really must get cracking on Ashton's proper website as well. Not enough hours in the day at the moment.

Love

Morning Ladies,
    Just quickly, I just finished uploaning Willow's pic's into her Album on her Webpage.
    Please let me know if you think I need to make any changes to the page.
    Enjoy
    Raven

oh wow Raven she is such a gorgeous and happy little girl. It is amazing how quickly they grow.

Love

She's a cute Raven!! And i love the name Willow, but DH wouldnt let me have it as my son's named Xander and everyone already thinks i pinched that from Buffy lol...

LOL Simone.... We did get Willow's name from Buffy and DH son's name is Xander also from Buffy. How funny is that!!

Raven

Hiya girls

Here I was thinking you might have liked V.C Andrews books Raven lol, cause in her collection there is a book called Raven and another called Willow lol. So thought that may have been where you got your username from.

Ashton had his weigh in. Midwife that did it was the actual midwife that delivered him so that was a bonus. Naked weight he was 2.700kg. so that is past his birth weight now and up 170g in 6 days.

Love

great news on the weight gain Kathryn!! WTG Ashton.
    Raven Willow is just beautiful! (i am sure you know that already!!)

LOL Kathryn the only book that I really like from V.C. Andrews was 'Flowers in the Attic' ...lol.
    BTW Great news about Ashton. It's a big relief when they finally put the weight back on.

Raven

Ps: Thanks Nic, I also know she a very lucky (not so little anymore) Girl. Nixon a handsome little man too!!
    Last edited by Raven81; October 31st, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast