Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #5

Great photo's Tiff, Looks like everyone had a great time.

Naomi, I know it's hard to believe but Macauley will get home soon. Willow spent 50 days in the NICU/SCN. One min she was doing really well then the next there were problems. I think setbacks are a part of life in the SCN. So rest up as much as you can before Macauley comes home (and I'm sure that will be really soon.)

Nothing much has changed here. DH has gone away for a week for work. I can't wait till he comes home, the three kids are driving me nuts. Think I might put them to bed early and have a nice long hot bath..... Thats only if Willow will let me......lol.

Raven

Wow, i feel so lucky Anneliese was only in NICU/SCN for 27 days... one little boy, who was born at 26w was only in for 60 days, him and Allie were due on the same day. He was only born because his mum got so sick due to a chest infection... he was discharged weighing over 4kg, at like 37w!! I wonder what he would've been like if he went to FT inside his mum...

tiggy Guest

We were in for 69 days and that was more than enough for this little black duck!

BRAG ALERT!!!!
    Ivy is pulling herself up on the furniture!!!! Not only that but she can clap her hands too! AWWWW she's growing up.
    Noah is commando crawling and is starting to get up on his hands and knees and rock!
    brag over.

Gosh most of you were so lucky with the amount of time spent in NICU/SCN.. Ronan was in hospital for 110 days (3.5 months) and we were stuffed at the end of the road.. In the last 4wks he was in hospital i was sitting there for 10hrs everyday just so i could be there for 3 breastfeeds everyday..

Tiggy - Wooohoooo for Ivy & Noah!! I would be bragging too..

Naomi - Welcome to our little chat group! We look foward to hearing the news of your little one coming home..

I hope everyone else's bubs are doing well!

I won't be on for about 2 weeks as Ronan and i are flying to Sydney tomorrow (first time he will have met the whole family on my side) so it's very exciting.. Ohhhh also he got his first tooth!!

That's great news Tiff! Well done Ivy and Noah They do grow up sooo quickly.

Raven

Hi guys - so sorry I haven't been around lately! Hope you and the bubs are all well.
    Tiff- Congrats on the Mod status and to Ivy and Noah too on their great acheivements!!
    Naomi- Welcome!!
    Rac- Hope you and Ronan have a great trip.

Kyla and I are going well. She's getting bigger and has become a lot more cuddly with me which I love. We have the Physio coming tomorrow to work on her crawling and standing. She's still only half crawling...so close, but dragging one leg behind and still isn't standing or pulling up...hopefully soon!

Hey guys

Congrats too everyone on their babies achievements. They are all growing up too quickly

I have my own brag to add...

ANNELIESE ROLLED OVER!!!

i had her on a mat under a tree, just at a playground, and all of a sudden she was on her tummy, from her back. OMG!!!

tiggy Guest

Yay Simone!!!
    Yay Annaleise!! WTG little girl

tiggy Guest

Hi Carrie!
    Long time no speak!
    Good to hear that you are well and that Kyla is too. Missing you around here!

Tiff, i love the kids new ticker piccy. so gorgeous

moment by moment Guest

Hi ladies is this where you mean to start chatting? Wasn't sure if I was just suppose to crash a thread or start my own gees what to do I have added a thread just qick story on us and we also have a totsite if you like to take a look. www.totsites.com/tot/airliefae

I have chatted to Rac before and know she is up on holiday near me. Was wondering if any of you keep incontact with her ? if so I was wondering if you could give her a message that we would still love to catch up with her and R. Thanks

Fiona

tiggy Guest

AWW thanks Simone, I had to work hard for that one! Neither of them were feeling too crash hot, so smiles were at a minimum.
    Fiona,
    Racs posts on here.
    Welcome to our little group. Alot of the girls on here also post on Austprem, so you might see some familiar names! Good to have you on board. We celebrate all the little milestones as well as the big ones! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

moment by moment Guest

Thanks tiggy, yep some of the names do seem familiar but after my post today with links not suppose to be shown i wasnt sure i was suppose to say . just try to keep my foot out of my mouth I am on the central coast are you the top or bottom end of the hunter? What gesation were you kids born?

Fiona

tiggy Guest

I'm in Ellalong, which is near Cessnock, for want of a better location. I moved from the Coast 3 years ago, we were living in Tuggererah. Where abouts on the Coast are you? We are about 3/4 of an hour away from the Wyong exit. I am about to go back to work in January, at Wyong Hospital!

My littlies were born at 30 weeks due to APH,prem labour and (almost) uterine rupture in ten days, they are turning 1! My other twinnies were 35 weekers, in fact, all my babies were NICU babies (although Lily graduated a few hours after admission!
    ETA: LOVE Airlie's site!

Hey fiona, i've seen you on another site

I have a premmie, Anneliese, born at 30 weeks due to PROM caused by Chorioamnionitis (infection in the lining of the uterus).

I love the name Airlie Fae

Welcome to our little area for our special little people.

Yeah Fiona is on Austprem as are many of us!

Welcome Sweet...how is Airlie going?

Hi Fiona - great to see you in here!
    Simone- Congrats on Annaleise rolling. Yay!!!!!!!!!
    Tiff- It's good to be back on board. I missed you all!

The physio came over today and is happy with Kyla's progress - She said that Kyla's main issue is that she lacks some muscle tone, so that when she tries to get up on her knees, her legs splay. So we have to make up a stretchy band thing to go around her legs to keep them together (Kyla's gonna love that!)

tiggy Guest

Oh Carrie! Ivy has one of those. It's like a headband fashioned into a figure 8! It works really well for Ivy. She does EXACTLY what you are describing for Kyla. She can get up on all fours but then her raggety ann legs kick in and she flops to the ground with frog legs.
    I'm sure that's why she prefers to inch worm.
    Kyla will not like it at first (you're right) but she will get used to it. Good Luck! I am feeling for you and Kyla

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast