Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #5

Hi Naomi!
    Congratulations on baby Macauley. I hope he gets to come home soon to be with you & the family.It is draining going back & forth but hopefully you only have a few more days of doing it.

Congrats to you and your family naomi!! Our premmies are very special, no need to worry about them. They're fighters

hi to everyone else

xx

tiggy Guest

Hi Naomi!
    Welcome!
    Hope that your little guy grows fast and that you can be home together soon!
    Sorry, it's aquickie, I am off to Ivy and Noah's 1st birthday party!!
    Catch you all later!

Have fun Tiff time goes way too fast... congrats on becoming a mod!!

oh their party already!!

what date is their actual birthday?

Have a great time Tiff Ivy & Noah!! wow one already!

Have a fantastic birthday Ivy & Noah !! Hope you are spoilt rotten.

Love

Thanks everyone

Macauley is having a few setbacks with his weight, but his docters aren't too worried yet
    He is now waking up at feed times looking for boob instead of staying asleep and waiting to be tube fed, the nurses say i have a milk supply that would feed the whole unit, which is great, but god it hurts if i don't express every 2 hours
    We are starting to get into a routine with hospital visits and juggling the older boys, so we all feel much better now
    I will post alot more when Macauley comes home, but atm time is limited as most of you would know
    I feel guilty complaining about how tired and frustrated i am with having to go to the hospital every day, when some poor people have to do it for months and i know Macauley will be out within a couple of weeks
    Sorry about the long post

I hope you and bubs are all well
    Tiff, i hope Ivy and Noah had a great party

HEy Naomi, thats great if Macauley is waking for feeds, if he;s got no probs sucking and he weigh probs settle then he shouldnt be too far from coming home!! Gotta love a good supply, one lady in the SCN used to express about 300-400mls each time (about every 3 hours) while i would struggle... i was so jealous

Dont feel bad about complaining, we all did it, its awful not being able to have a take home baby... whinge awaY!! Itll make u feel heaps better, and we understand completely. Anneliese was only in 27 days, and i went crazy... and i had 2 other kids about the same age as well

Yeah Naomi dont worry about complaining i onyl did it for 25days and was exhausted & didnt have other children at home to worry about.
    Wow Simone 300-400mls a go! isn't there a thing where u can donate some breast milk for babies in hospital?? did i just make that up?? No i am sure Ive heard of that!!
    I had a really good supply too (well not 400ml good)
    Macauley will hopefully be home before you know it & even though it is exhausting going back & forth atleast you are recovering somewhat at night time so will be that much stronger when he does come home (thats how i looked at it anyway)

Tiff- How did Ivy & Noah's party go?

Prob wont be in here for a week or so, so hope everyone & bubs stay well. we are off to brisbane as DH has to work Nixon & i are going for a holiday! (his work decided they'd pay for my flights so as if i was gonna turn that down! accom and car sorted also)
    we leave on friday so i will catch up with you all when we return....
    xoxo

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd introduce myself here.

My little girl Chloe was born at 35 weeks and although she had no major premmie issues (ie didnt need assistance breathing, humicrib etc) it is nice to have others who may have similar concerns and questions around to check with/bounce ideas off.

I dont get much time to post, but often get 5 mins here and there to read (as Im sure you all understand)

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know Im here/reading and hopefully having time to be invloved in discussions

welcome lorasha!!

Naomi - I hope the weight settles down ans macauley gets to come home very soon. Do you live far from the hospital?

I got ashton weighed yesterday, but he was fully dressed and therefore weighed 3380g. 8 days ago he was 2830 so that is 550g up but like i said he was fully dressed.

I know our midwife takes 50g off for singlet and dry nappy, so taking that off makes a 500g increase and even allowing 250g for his other clothes which I think was quite generous lol, it is still up 250g in 8 days!!

Love

Woohoo Kathryn... that is an AWESOME weight gain... well done wee man ( & Mum too!)

Kathryn that is a great weight gain for Ashton, you might have to bring him to meet Macauley to show him how it's done LOL
    We live about 20 minutes from Flinders

Reading your posts Naomi, remind me of the early Ashton days so Macauley will get there as well

Just these last few days all he wants to do is drink, so don't know if he is having a 6wk growth spurt a week early or it is cause of the cooler weather. Tiring me out a bit but all for the greater good. We are still dummy free with him as well.

Love

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!

Naomi, sounds as though you are working things through. It IS tough when you have to juggle the NICU and the household as well. I was so tired I could barely pick myself up out of bed but we soon had a nice routine worked out. Don't stress about complaining - you're not, you are just voicing your frustration at the whole NICU/SCN experience. I hope your little man grows strong. It's great you have a good supply. Like you, I was taking up all the shelves in the NICU freezer, they had to ask me to take some home!!

Kathryn, WOOHOO that Ashton is putting on the grams! I bet you are one happy Mummy!

Nic, hope you and Nixon have a lovely time in Brizzy. Hope that it's warmer up there than it is here! BRRRR. We are all in winter woolies today and it's November!

Welcome Lorasha! Hope you find great support and friendship here. These are all a lovely bunch of ladies who will fully understand all your concerns. Congrats on the birth of little Chloe. My first set of twinnies came at 35 weeks, so know that what you went through was different from when you carry a baby to term.

Thanks girls for asking about the party. It was a lovely day, lots of people and food the babies had a ball, even though Noah was struggling with his asthma. I've put a few photos up of the day under the birth and beyond hyperlink, if you want to have a look. Hopefully, I'll get some more up later.
    Trish (babyamore) came up with her beautiful family. It was very special.
    I meant to get back to you but I had a little stint in hospital. I'm not sure what is going on at the moment but I'm a bit of a bleeder since Ivy and Noah came into the world. Trying to work out where it is all coming from. Home now and on the mend. Ivy and Noah are asleep and I have DH to myself for a little while.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Yes we had a lovely time at Noah & Ivy's party said Sam & Joel.

It was very special to see how far two very precious little premmies have come.They are gorgeous little tykes with the cutest smiles on their dials for everyone ... just like their mum.It was a twin picnic with 5 sets of twins there ? is that right Tiff

The photos are great Tiff. Rest up as much as you can.

Welcome Lorasha - Sam & Joel were 35wks4days and they only had feeding issues nothing else but we stayed 19 days in hospital.

Naomi - hope you little guy is home soon.Yes , we are here for you to vent too and we all know what is it like having to leave bub (Macauley) behind too even if they are well. I had huge supply too and started to freeze mine for later.

Kathryn - that is fabulous Ashton is a legend or your milk has superpowers.

great photos Tiff.
    i am guessing the pic of two twin boys was Sam & Joel & you Trish?!
    loved the party bags! Ivy & Noah looked so gorgeous as per usual! i bet it is hard to believe that this time 12 months ago u were just about to start the twins journey into the world and the long hospital jpurney.....
    Awesome weight gaining for Ashton Kathryn well done!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Yes Nic - BTW Nixon is very cute in his new ticker photo and his outfit looks great as usual.
    Almost 12 months ago my little embryos were beginning their life journey wow look at them now.
    Last edited by Baby~amore`; November 16th, 2006 at 03:59 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast