Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #6

THanks for advice tiff, there's 3 nurses i really want to see... they were the ones that were really supportive and helpful. We havent been back at all, they have a chrissy party but no invite for us And good luck when you go bak to work... just curious, what do you do??

tiggy Guest

Simone,
    I'm a midwife!!!!!

And you had 6 children, you crazy buggar... LOL I dont reckon i'd make a good midwife, i'd freak out!! My mum would call you crazy (but she has 6 children too...)

moment by moment Guest

Hi Girls,

How are you all?

We have had lots going on. Christmas was very busy for us a quick trip to my parents and then back home to get ready for Miss Airlie's birthday party on the 6.1.07

We had a wonderful party for her and lots of our friends from NICU came along which was great. I made Airlie a special movie and we made her a butterfly cake which is only fitting for a butterfly princess!! She got lots of beautiful items that she will have for along time. It was a strange time leading up to her birthday i was busy but i also thought alot about where i was 12months to the day. I suppose i will always have these feelings. I am just so amazed how far she has come and what she can do. In early Dec we took her to the pead and he said that she is doing everything a 9month old is doing and even what some 12month olds are doing as well so i am pretty happy with that.

I hope you all had a nice Christmas and your new year is filled with lots of love, friendship and sloopy kisses from your kids

Fiona

That's great Fiona, i read the post on austprem Sounds like you had a great day. For anneliese's birthday, we plan to have a party, but also visit the nurses who cared for her at the most crucial time in her life...

moment by moment Guest

Thats a great idea simone we have already done that when we went to the NICU party but we do plan to go back and drop a few things off later in the new year.

Fiona

When you went back,did you call or just rock up?? im not sure what to do...

moment by moment Guest

We went back when we had our party for NICU Grads so they knew we were coming to a degree I suppose. I didnt call and say i was coming though. This time when i go back I will be cause I want to make sure there a certain nurses there that i still keep in contact with now. Do you have someone you keep incontact with? If you do just mention it to them and see what they say. I tried so many times to go back when Airlie was smaller but with the flu season I was never game enough to go back I didnt want to make anyones babies sick. he slightest snif I backout.
    When is Anneliese's birthday?

Fiona

June 9 she turns 1... but her corrected bday is august 13

The persn i keep in contact lives ut in the bush... but se is thinking of visiting, so we may have to do a visit together!! great idea I really wanted to visit when 3 particular nurses are tere, these 3 rally helped me through some bad times (lie when we thought we were going to lose Anneliese) and i want them to see how big and beautiful she is now

Hi guys...

I am still around (mostly reading & not posting sorry)....

I am working fulltime & DH is out of town working sun-fri... so things are crazy...

Quick update...

Alexa is on 3 solid feeds a day (but does NOT like meat, any suggestions..) & 3-4 180ml bottles

She has 2 bottom teeth through but has another 4 teeth giving her hell (she is not a pleasant teether)... I have had 2 weeks of a non sleeping baby arghhhhhhh

She has just figured out how to crawl forwards.. but when she gets lazy she does a belly flow forwards or starts rolling LOL...

She can aso say mum & yummy, but wont say dad yet LOL...

She weighed in last month at just over 7kg & 66cm long, she is starting to fit into 00now too, so that is exciting LOL....

Hope everyone is well & bubs are doing great...

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Mitch - I read somewhere you cook it & freeze it and grate it once frozen solid - it goes like fine flakes (of chocolate) and very easy to mix with other stuff no chewing required.
    I tried grating frozen roast beef slices and steak and it works but didn't give to babies - so that bit I not sure on.
    Last edited by Baby~amore`; January 12th, 2007 at 12:03 PM.

Hi Guys,
    Hows everyone going? All happy and healthy I hope.
    Well we all have colds at the moment, freaked when Willow started to get a cold I was so worried that she was going to end up in hospital like last time. Silly I know about after everything that has happened with missy moo, just didn't want her going back in. But it looks like shes getting better so I freaked out for nothing.
    On the upside Willow said "Mum" for the first time this morning, I was so happy I ended up crying. She been saying "Dad" for about a week now, But I'm over the moon that she is finally looking at me and saying Mum. My little bub is growing up, Oh it a nice feeling.

Raven
    Last edited by Raven81; January 14th, 2007 at 09:47 AM.

Just popping in to say hi and a happy new year to you all. We've spent a LOT of time in hospital lately so no time to get onto the forum. Gus was admitted for "failure to thrive" and nasal gastric tube feeding in November and remained there until discharge a couple of days before Christmas. Then we had him admitted for another week during the first week of January with a bad case of croup/para-influenza 3. Gus is doing better now still quite sick but at least he's home. He's now weighing a whopping 7.2kg he ha thanks to the full time NGT feeding since November. He's still completely refusing to eat or drink anything other - than sipping small amounts of water and crunching the odd potato crisp - so thank god for the tube feeding and kangaroo pump! He's currently learning to walk. Can manage about 10-12 steps alone before his speed due to momentum is to great and he tumbles. Tis very cute to watch how proud he is of his efforts. Anyhow thought I should say hi as I'm sometimes prone to 'lurking'. xx

tiggy Guest

Hey Kirsty!
    So good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that your little man has been in and out of hospital. It's very stressful, isn't it? Hope that he keeps packing on the weight. How long will he need the feeding tube?
    OMG that he is walking! That must be so wonderfull to see! No wonder he is proud - I bet you are so proud of Gussy too!

Raven, AWWW that Willow said Mum! It is a proud moment isn't it? Especially when they have been prem. It seems like such a long time before they start to do things.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hope Gus goes from strength to strength now he is getting continuous feeds and mobile.Maybe he will get an apetite. Gee he is doing so well considering his rocky start and bumpy ride so far.Well done little guy.

Raven - Yay for Willow saying mum - what a clever girl she is.

Hi Tiff

Kirsty, I'm so sorry to hear that little Gus has not been well lately, I hope he is getting better. How long untill he is off the feeding tube?? It's really not nice when there is nothing you can do to make them well again, I really hate the waiting game.

Thanks Tiff, It was a nice feeling when she finally said "MUM"!! She is such a little star I just can't believe how far prem bubs come along, and so quickly too.
    How is Ivy and Noah going???

Raven

tiggy Guest

Hi Trish, was just posting off an email to you when this notification came in ; stand by for longwinded mail! How are your gorgeous boys???

Raven, Ivy and Noah are good thanks. They are both cruising the furniture and they have bumps and bruises everywhere from thinking that they are able to stand on their own. LOL. Poor little munchkins. It's hard when there are so many big kids around and you just want to do what they are doing!
    I thought Ivy was coming down with another middle ear infection the other day - she was spiking temps and was grizzly. She is on long term antibiotics for just that until we are able to see the ENT. Anyway, it all subsided. She's still pulling at her right ear (and there are no signs of any teeth) so I am hoping that the antibiotics are doing their job.
    So far we have been middle ear infection free for two months YAY! It is so good to have a happy baby!She slept through the night for the first time last Thursday and I thought we had hit the jackpot!!! But alas, it was only a one night wonder. The last few nights we have been up playinng from midnight until 4am. *SIGH* She is very cheeky and her eyes light up when she smiles. She's still pretty petite compared to Noah but has stacked on the weight since she discovered bread!

Noah, my big boofer boy is growing at an enormous rate. At his last checkup with the ECHN, he had grown 6cm!He was about 11.5kgs at last weigh in. He is popping teeth left right and centre and now has eight pearlies, as opposed to his five at Christmas. He has been sleeping through since about the end of October and we moved him the other weekend into his bigboy room. It was sad in a way but nice to have one cherub sleeping at night. Over the last week he has learnt a new word 'car'. Now EVERYTHING is car! It is very cute, especially when he sees his sisters coming and he yells out "CAR CAR CAR" flapping about madly! He used to lie on your shoulder and say 'ug (hug) oh ug'... now he cuddles up to you and says 'car-ar-car' .

IKWYM about looking at our little prems in awe and wonder. When you think about their beginnings and what they are up to now. It truly is amazing.

bummer i did a big post last night and it wouldnt go through grrr....

Am about to take Nixon to have his hearing test. I know he can hear hopefully equally in each ear so fingers crossed. DH was born with 30% loss in one ear, so hopefully he has my extra good hearing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast