Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #6

tiggy Guest

Good Luck Nic. I hope Nixon does well.

im still having problems posting in this thread. i had copied what i tried to write last time and when it didnt work i just did a bit and it worked, then tried to edit and add more of it but then it didnt work again....

Kirsty, nice to meet you welcome to our little group! what hospital was gus at? Way to go on the walking thats a clever boy you've got there! sorry to hear he hasnt been so well of late, glad he was home for chirstmas though. when u say failure to thrive, what was or wasnt he doing? was he loosing weight, not eating?

Raven- sorry youve all been sick, glad its nothing too bad though, must have melted your heart when you heard "mum" for the first time!
    Nixon just started saying "bub" a few days ago its so cute hehe, think he is close to saying dad but havent heard anything remotly like mum as yet.
    Nixon has just cut tooth 5 & 6 OMG!

Mitch- i'll try remember what i said in my post. um have u tried disgising the meat with a food that she likes to eat? and starting in small qty of meat then gradually increase? maybe the meat by itself is hard for her to swallow or doesnt like the texture.i made up some bolognaise stuff for the first time yesterday that nixon seems to like. it was just mince broned then add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, grated zucinni & carrot and simmer with some water.

whoo hoo just slowly added all of my post that i have been trying to send since last night!
    Nixon's hearing test went well, she used a different sound or something that most have at that particular age and test as he wasnt really responding to it but she wasnt too concerned. said he did good! he sat on my knee and there were speakers either side of the room. Will have another test in 12months and then possibly at 3.5years.
    Last edited by nickers; January 15th, 2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: adding little bits at a time so it works!

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    im still having problems posting in this thread. i had copied what i tried to write last time and when it didnt work i just did a bit and it worked, then tried to edit and add more of it but then it didnt work again....
    Nic - i've been having the same prob, i've just lost a big post because of this grrrr... will try again later

Hello to all!!

Me to... Keep losing any posts longer than one line.... Will try again later.

there's a thread about it in the messeges for mods,check it out...

Hi Guys,
    Nic so glad that Nixon's hearing test went well.
    Willow is finally eating vegies, it took a while but she seems to like them now.
    She still only has her 2 teeth, its taking ages for more to come down. I really wish they would just come down as she seem to be in heaps of pain with them.
    We are planning to move to Melb within the year, I can't wait!!
    (Oh Simone we are looking at Taylors Hill)
    And I have a Job Interview tomorrow, first one in 6 1/2 years so I'm freeking out just a little. :eek:
    Anyway I hope everyone is well and happy.

Raven

Hi there! Looks like i'm not the only one who hasn't been in here for a while!

Things are going well here. Kyla is pulling herself up into standing now which is good.

We've also started our down regulation cycle for IVF which is exciting. I'm also a bit apprehensive though, firstly because we were so lucky last time and it worked on our first cycle, I just hope we are just as lucky this time. Also hoping that we don't have another prem experience! I'm seeing Dr McBain at Melb IVF who we saw last time and he said he would refer me to the high risk pregnancy unit at the Womans or Monash this time. Has anyone had any experience with these that they can tell me about?
    Thanks guys

tiggy Guest

Hi Carrie,
    Wow Kyla is going great guns! So good to hear from you.
    Exciting that there may be a little brother or sister in the works for Kyla. Wishing you every luck in the world!

Ivy and Noah are sick atm so I am having a bit of a shocker, having just gone back to work (night duty). *SIGH* it seems to be a tradition with my kids to get sick as soon as maternity leave runs out. Anyway, we are still at home, not in the hospital, which is a big plus. Other than that, we are still cruising the furniture. Ivy sometimes teases us and lets go but is still not standing on her own. I think once Ivy starts, Noah will follow quickly.

Hi there Tiff - Sorry to hear that Ivy and Noah are sick! It sounds like they are doing great too! Cruising the furniture is fantastic - as I said, Kyla has only recently started pulling up on furniture.
    Hope they are feeling better soon and fingers crossed that they STAY out of hospital!

Hi Guys,
    Well just under 2 weeks until Willow's first birthday. I can't believe how quickly its gone!!! Willow is good, She has 4 teeth now and is getting so big now.

Tiff, So you did go back to work, thats great!! and I'm sorry to hear that Ivy and Noah are sick atm, I hope they get better soon.

Carrie, Great to hear that Kyla is standing now WTG Kyla!! And wishing you all the best of luck with the IVF, hears hoping it doesn't take to long before Kyla has a little Brother or Sister.

Oh, I have also updated photos of Willow on her webpage.

Raven

Hi All,

How exciting that Kyla could be expecting a brother or a sister soon Carrie! I hope your IVF journey is short like last one, as as for another prem, well atleast this time u will be closely monitored and understand alot more that goes on.

Tiff- bugger Ivy & Noah are sick when u go back to work, have they just got a cold or something worse?
    Raven- wow Willows almost 1! are you having a party for her?

Nixon was 10months yesterday, he has started slithering or commando crawling around as of about 2 days ago. I was up at 2.30am last night after he vomitted everywhere in his bed and had it all over him. He vomitted his breakfast up also, but no temp and happy in himself. He has kept his lunch down so hoping nothing more will come of it.

Hi Raven- I checked out the piccies, very cute! Wow, Willow is nearly one! Doesn't time go fast? Are you having a big party??

HI Nic - I just checked the pregnancy thread and see that you're expecting!!! Congratulations to you, DH and Nixon! You must be so excited!
    That's great that Nixon is commando crawling too - it helps when they can get to the toys that they want without you having to do it all!
    I hope he's all okay with the vomitting - could it be the heat maybe?

Hey girls, I haven't posted in here for a while, so I thought I should pop in and say hello!

Carrie, it's good to "see" you. I've been thinking about you recently & wondering how you were doing as I hadn't seen you around much lately. I'm glad to hear that things are going well. Great news re Kyla standing and how exciting that you are trying for baby #2. All the very best to you...I hope we hear some good news very soon!

Tiff, I hope Ivy and Noah are on the mend soon. What's happening with them?

Nic, WTG Nixon with the crawling! I hope he is feeling better soon. How are you feeling? Any m/s? Did I read in another thread that you are moving to Sydney?

Raven, hi! I don't think we have "chatted" before. I hope Willow has a lovely birthday!

We are well here. Josh is doing great. He is walking! He took his first steps about a month ago and since then he has been walking little bits here and there, but over the last week he has really taken off and is walking everywhere now.

I'm at 28 weeks now with my current pregnancy. It's so strange to think that Josh arrived 4 weeks from now. The doctors are expecting that this bub will be early too, but I'm hoping for just a little bit longer this time. Fingers crossed!

Hi Bec! way to go on Josh walking!
    wow ur 28weeks already! seems not long ago both u and Rae announced u were pg.
    had a bit on m/s a few days ago but nothing since other then some cramping on and off.
    I thought Nixon was better but half way through his dinner it all came back up. so tried some watermelon same thing half way through brought it all back up.
    went to bed ok and i just went to check on him and here he is laying in a pile of vomit again, as i went to clean it vomitted again.
    poor boy he was still asleep while doing it. im going to doc tomorrow so will see her about him also.

Oh no, the poor little chook! I hope it is just a bug that will pass soon.

tiggy Guest

Hi Bec!
    Yay for my man Josh! Can you just send him up our way so he can teach Ivy and Noah a thing or two about walking?
    About that pair, it started off as a cold and has rapidly gone down hill. Now we are having breathing issues(read asthma, ventolin and prednisone) and of course Ivy has another middle ear infection despite long term antibiotics. I am at work now, happily away from the sick house, looking after the squidgy newbie babies (don't worry, have scrubbed my hands fanatically).Ahhh Night duty, good for giving you a different perspective on things.

I can't believe that you are 28 weeks. I will keep EVERYTHING crossed that you get a little further along with your cooking baby.

Nic, sorry to hear that your little man has a bug. Hope that he gets better soon and hope that you don't catch it either.

Oh No Nic, I hope Nixon gets better soon. Poor little guy!!
    Only having a small party for Willow, but its going to be a lot of fun.
    We are having a "princess party" for her and an ice cream cake as she LOVES ice cream and we really wanted to get a cake she could enjoy and get really messy with too...hehehe
    I think the first birthday is more for us then Willow, but I can't wait its going to be such a great day. I'll make sure Jason (DH) takes heaps of piccies so I can put them on Willows webpage.

Raven

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast