Thread: High Chairs

Default High Chairs

Hi everyone - hope your chrissy was nice! In the next couple of months I will be on the lookout for a high chair and would love some opinions from people.

What brand is best?
    Most versatile?
    Most suitable for young and old babies.

Any information would be great - thanks!!

ikea all the way, great, cheap and pratical

i was going to say the same as AJP i got a flash whiz bang reclining one etc etc and hated it. My sis told me to get a cheap platic one from ikea so i did and i love it. So easy to clean-very practical for when they want to feed them selves. It is light and the legs come off with ease so when we go away etc its not to big to pack and take. The only down side i find is the tray isnt adjustable so there is a slight gap between bub and tray so when bub drops food thats where it falls but hey its easy to clean.

Price wise from memory i think it cost me about $40

Ikea Antilop all the way!

I have had 3 high-chairs, and I have reviewed them all here:

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...cat.php?cat=14

I have to agree... IKEA. Cheap & easy to clean. :-)

OMG I was going to say Ikea too....freaky!!
    Plus I got a cushion pillow thing that goes in it from Ikea too that I haven't seen for a long time, but it is handy for when they are younger.

i got a convertable chair from babyco, it is a chair & table that combine to form the high chair ...

atm I just use the chair (without the table) cause I sit on the floor to feed him, but downstairs when we eat at the table I put the chair into the table to raise it up to adult dining height.

i love it.

I would have to say my Prima Pappa is the best I bought 2 when I had my twins and they were great they are on wheels and recline back I just put them in and push it around the house where ever I was.

WE have the ikea antilop as well. He's too small to use it yet but I like how light it is and how easy it willbe to clean.

Another friend recommended a bumbo seat with a tray. We just got one for Christmas and it too looks like it will be easy to clean but I prefer the high chair with it's height.

I agonised over this for AGES and I think there are 2 threads floating around somewhere that I will dig up for you but I got the Ikea one and I love it! It really is soooo much easier to clean and I love that its light and I can pick it up with her in it and move it around if I need to.
    If you are still unsure do what I did! I told myself that I would get the Ikea one seeing as its really cheap in comparison ($60 with the tray and blow up insert thingy) and if I hated it I would leave it at my mums or MIL and get a dearer one for home! Instead Ive sent them off to Ikea to get one too!
    I went to a friends place the other day and she had a wizzbang one that she used for her boys and it was soooooo yuck and shes a clean freak and had cleaned it! The food just doesnt come out of all the nooks and crannies!
    Good luck!!

ETA - HERE is one and HERE is the other!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; December 29th, 2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added links

I like the highchairs with the part between the legs so they can't "slide" out under the tray:P. I have a childcare one but wouldn't recommend it as when it was 4 months it snapped completely in half with DS in it who was only 10kg at the time.

I had a Prima Pappa one given to me when DS was born and i used it til he was 12 months old and hated every second of it. I t was so buly and hard to clean. I went out and bought an $80 one from target that is just a simple high chair and has the tray that has the bar between the legs. Doesn't take up nearly as much space, is light and easy to take places and clean much easier. If i lived near an Ikea i would get that one though

Has anyone had a Boori highchair? Interested in what they were like.

i have a fisher price rain forrest one , its ok , but they are massive and a bugger to clean , i want an ikea one too ...

I can't stand clutter and overly babyish colours/designs so wanted the phil & ted's clip on one but our table has a sticky-out thing underneath so it won't clip on. But I'm trying to avoid getting a chair as such and would prefer a clip-on one if I can find something that fits the table. If I have to get a proper chair, it will be the IKEA one for me. Nice and simple and cheap too!

Thanks for all the advice girls! We bought an Ikea one the other day and I can't believe how simple it looks!!! Really quite povo but I can see how easy it would be to clean. Can't wait to try it and for $50 who cares if it isn't what we want! It is very light and simple but will fit nicely into our very small house! I didn't see the cushions for it - is there a special one to get?

IKEA | Baby | High- & juniorchairs | STADIG | Supporting cushion

Thats all I can find for Melbourne. My cushion is different though. Maybe they don't make them any more, but this one looks handy....and easy to clean, mine has to go in the wash as it is a cotton cover and separate pillow insert (not plastic like this new one).

After reading everyone raving about Ikea highchair, DP and I went to Ikea the other day and bought the chair, cushion and tray! And we have not even had junior yet!
    Jordie I see you are in Melbourne. So I guess you went to Richmond Ikea. The cushions were in the children section right next to where the demo chair was. They are in a small packet.