Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am i being played?

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoB1 View Post
    Ask her to send you a pic of her anti-natal card. It is a big yellow card you get when you're pregnant.
    do you get these the day the doc confirms that your pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by sasha28 View Post
    Could you even call that a signature... looks like someone has squiggled a pen to be honest .... PMSL....
    Come on Sasha, how many docs do you know who have legible siggies?? I know none of mine do!

please promise us that you will never sleep with her again josh...

Some doctors give you your yellow card, sometimes you don't get it until you book into the hospital - it all depends on how you go about your care arrangements. I got mine each time when I booked into the hospital to start my antenatal appointments through the hospital's midwives clinic. If you are using shared care (drs and midwives) the doc can give you your yellow card ... it's a record of your appointments and blood pressures and any complications you may have, any concerns you're having etc ...

I think it is time to change your name - not falling for it!!

When i got pregnant I used many different tests because I didn't believe it - and I was having fun, including two crystal clear tests. I didn't take photos sorry, but they had see through blue lines. I have never seen a test with black lines before, nor have i seen a doctor write "pregnancy positive" on a script before. They write a letter confirming your estimated due date that you can use for referrals to obs/midwives etc.

I also have a friend who went through exactly the same situation as you, and also my DHs ex tried that one when she found out we started going out. I don't know what is going through these girls heads, but the best advice is to actually cut off all contact, get on with your life and don't get drawn in to anything she tries - including text messages. She is not pregnant now, so if she does go and get pregnant it is her own stupid fault. If she still won't leave you alone - go for the restraining order - but do not have any contact with her yourself.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    please promise us that you will never sleep with her again josh...
    i PROMISE!!!!!!

And a little mother-type lecture from me -

You can't depend on the word of someone that they are using birth control. You just have to use a condom, or alternatively wait until you are in a really good, trusting relationship. This could have been a close call, imagine if she really was preg? Not a good situation for all involved.

You go and be a good boy now and take care of yourself. Lecture over.

xoxoxoxo

I got mine the day the doctor confirmed that I was pregnant. You could ask her and see her reaction. She would know about them if she was pregnant.

Oh my - yup you are being played..... Gosh if only preg tests came up with big fat black lines all us in the ttc threads wouldnt have to stare at the test for the next 30 mins hoping to see a line
    I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this ... must be very hard for you... but as the others have said i think u need to stay away from her

I also noticed that pregnancy was spelt wrong :P

How far along is she saying she is???

wow u are getting played big time!!! them black lines? ahahahahahahaaaahahahahaa!!!!!!! thats funny. No pregnancy test has them thick black lines. Most are thin lines that are pink or red. shes a loony!!! get rid of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also doctors dont usually give u a peice of paper that says that ur are pregnant like that!!! hahahaha!!! i dont think i have my preg test pic but google it, someone is bound to have one.

My sister in law (ex) tried doing this twice with my brother..he took her to the docs and everything, all negative. She then went on to tell everyone she misscarried.. 2 months later she admitted she was never pregnant! but she had everyone convinced!! but not me..
    Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; May 13th, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

Hmmm, jsut quickly... dunno about the card thing because I didn't get a yellow card...? I've got a blue antenatal clinic card with all my appointments etc, but never a yellow one...?

Mine was yellow. I think they have different colours in each state.
    I only found out after Mr 2 was born that I was meant to carry it around with me in case of emergencies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Leasha~ View Post
    Hmmm, jsut quickly... dunno about the card thing because I didn't get a yellow card...? I've got a blue antenatal clinic card with all my appointments etc, but never a yellow one...?
    Yeah, leasha, some hospitals use a blue one - I actually got given a book by the hospital and it had a blue card on the inside (same as the yellow card) and I asked them why they didn't use that one instead??!! They didn't realise it was there!

Quote Originally Posted by dachlostar View Post
    Mine was yellow. I think they have different colours in each state.
    I only found out after Mr 2 was born that I was meant to carry it around with me in case of emergencies lol.
    Serious?? I never knew that!! I only keep mine in my handbag so that I know where it is!!! Otherwise, I'd lose it (and this is #4 for me!!) hahahahaha

With #3, I actually got so annoyed with the drs and the hospital, changing my dates towards the end of the pregnancy, saying one minute baby was head down, then less than 12 hours later, saying it was breach (um wouldn't I have FELT a movement THAT drastic??) that I ended up ripping up the card and calling them all incompetent! Ended up going into labour about a week later anyway!!

Can I take a different tack here for a moment?

Josh - do you know any member of her familyor any of her friends. I think that she is obviously in need of help and it is quite possible that she desperately wants to be pregnant and if she has had lots of sadness in her life is it possible that she just wants someone to love her. I am in no way justifying what she has done but I think that she needs help.

If I was in your situation I would ring her parents or someone like that and say "look - she is saying that she is pregnant but I think that this is unlikely. If she is then I am willing to support her in any way that I cna but if she isn't then someone really needs to get her some help"

Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2 View Post
    You can't depend on the word of someone that they are using birth control. You just have to use a condom, or alternatively wait until you are in a really good, trusting relationship. This could have been a close call, imagine if she really was preg? Not a good situation for all involved.
    At last, someone brought this up! Unless you are prepared to be a father, you should be using condoms to protect yourself (not only from STDS, but from an unwanted pregnancy).

hope all gets sorted soon, and you both get your lives sorted.

k

well if she got 2 negatives on your test there isnt much of a chance that the line on the crystal clear test would be that dark as it takes time for them to get darker..

when you googled the cystal clear tests did you click on the image part? i say get her to do a digital test as she cant fake it saying pregnant or not pregnant!

I agree try to contact the doctor who apparently wrote that on the prescription paper..when i got my results back it was printed out not hand written

my ante natal card was green!
    Last edited by trini246; May 13th, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

Oh, this girl sounds like she is in need of some serious help!!!!!

I agree with the suggestion to contact her parents or anyone else who is close to her- a friend or someone (ANYONE BUT YOU!!), and attempt to get this girl help.

She is obviously going to huge lengths to fabricate the whole thing- and from how you have described her- i wouldnt be suprised if she didnt start beleiving her own lies!!! Which will get very dangerous for her!!

You mentioned the script (well spotted on the spelling Lulu!!) may have been for anti depressants. i have a friend who needed to take a form of antidepressant, and she was strongly encouraged to STOP taking them when she wanted to get pregnant. I am not saying that you CANT neccessarily take them while pregnant,(there are probably special ones- another thing to quiz her on- do a little research and find out which ones a Dr would prescribe to a pregnant lady and see if she answers right!! ) but i couldnt see a Dr confirming a preg test and setting you up with a script for drugs that could possibly cause harm to your baby in the one visit!!

(WARNING GETS A TAD TOO MUCH GROSS INFORMATION)
    Another thing to note- have we established she may still be on the pill??? I know that you can skip your periods while you are taking the pill, you just keep taking the pill/pills and miss the sugar ones- so if she has been living with you- over the last few months or she can somehow "confirm" she hasnt had a period- this could be her way of doing it. (It can be a tad hard to hide that time of the month if you are living with someone or having close contact) She wont have had any bleeding- also, if/when she does happen to "miscarry" (the only easy way out of this lie) if she hasnt bled for a few months coz she was skipping her period- her bleeding WILL be slightly heavier, clotty and easily passed off as a m/c. Just a thought incase she goes down that road for the sympathy side of things.

I just realised how close i can be to thinking like a physco when i put some thought into it!! LoL!!! Scary!!!

I think we have pretty much established she aint up the duff, but what do you do now??? Play it out and see how she keeps it going? Or continue to hassle her into telling the truth?? I would possibly give it one more shot at nicely explaining that you simply do not beleive she is pregnant, and until she has proof (i.e. an ultra sound picture or better yet a screaming child in her arms) that you dont want anything to do with her.

Goodluck, and PUH-Lease let us know how you go- this is sooo much like a sad soap opera that i am totally hooked!! I am just sorry you are living this!! It will teach you to keep it in your pants in the future maybe!! Or at least USE PROTECTION!!! LoL!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast