Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #19

Default Babies Born December 2005 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

your old thread can be found HERE You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Great idea Kathryn about not including baby details etc. I think most people feel welcome in this thread anyway we always seem to have someone new dropping in (myself included!)
    I've never been first so had to post!
    Welcome to our new thread girls!

Congrats on being #1 Renee! lol! Its the simple things, isnt it!

Missy you are so sweet! Thank you! I feel very blessed with abby! Sometimes I find myself complaining about this and that and I have to take a moment and remember the important things and the blessings I have! I love Callum's pic on Santa! What a happy boy! How great that he wasnt even afraid of Santa at all! I love how you have Silent Night on that site too! How beautiful!

I think I'll put that link to Abbys Christmas pics on this thread too! I know, proud mama! They just turned out so nice! (Although I could not get her to smile! lol!) Christmas Abby!

tiggy Guest

Sarajo,
    I love the photos of Abby! She is so cute.

We are off to the paed today. SO I will catch up with everyone later. Hope you have a great day!

Thanks Tiff! What is the appointment to the paed for? I hope the twins are healthy! How did their eye appointments go?

Hi All

Just a quick pop in. I havent been very well, but Ive been reading here and there. Im off to get a 2nd opinion today as to what could be wrong with me. I have had a migraine every single day since Friday. On Saturday I couldnt even see out of my left eye. Yesterday the nausea came and Ive thrown up twice today already (but no migraine YET cross fingers) Anyway my GP said Im having cluster headaches, and wants to put me on this huge course of steriods. Which are apparently hard to come off, and they can cause manic episodes in some patients. I said to my Dr FFS I have a baby to take care of I cant do this, and he said the other option is to have an injection directly into the muscle behind my ear. As you can imagine, I booked my appointment with another Dr as soon as I got home. Im sure there is something else going on, or another way to treat it. Its weird, I dont know whats happening.

I took Jasmine to get some Santa photos, and she was absolutely hysterical. She was screaming, crying and kicking! I ended up just taking her back off Santa and I think I will give it a miss this year. She is way too clingy. She just doesnt like 'other' people. She looked so cute too! I wasnt very happy LOL But i felt sorry for her. I wouldnt sit on some old stinky guys lap either and smile about it!

Sarajo and Missy Ive only just checked out your photos but OMG HOW CUTE! Love Abbys outfit Sarajo! Callum is too cute Missy!

Renee YAY on posting first! Any updates on those horrible people?

Tiff good luck at the paed. Im sorry Ivy is unwell again. Thats just so unfair. What a rough first year of life!

Meg, just two more sleeps and Coco is ONE! Can you believe it!!!!!!!!

Crap I have a visitor! BBL

Crap Kate, I hope you're feeling better soon, sounds terrible. I've had two migraines in my life (one while preggas the other just after) and it was HELL...I so hope you're feeling better soon.
    I asked tilly if she'd like to have a photo with coco and santa and she said YES!! I am so suprised as I totally thought it wouldn't be cool!! I think as she JUST found out about santa not being real she is slightly devestated and maybe wants to hold on to him for just a bit longer. She's so sweet. She now refers to him as St nicholas as she has decided he still delivers presents on christmas eve (in trying to explain the whole thing I said there once was a real santa called St Nick, and now tilly thinks he's the real one Very sweet....)
    ok gotta run, im going to put coco down for a nap and try for 20 mins myself.
    The photos of Abby are just gorgeous!!!
    xoxo

Kate - LOL about Jasmine's Santa photo!those horrible people are still the same. I hope you work out why you are having these cluster headaches and that everything is okay.We had the Kinder Orientation meeting last week and they asked the principals beforehand 'have you taken her out of the class yet?" I can't believe they are educators. I had a really hard time with them when i taught their eldest daughter in Kinder.(no other parent but them out of 32 sets of parents - Go Figure. Goes to show exactly what kind of people they are)
    Anyway the principals have randomly selected the Kinder children for each class and guess what? She is in my class! So they will have to deal with it! God help us next year! On monday myself and my job share teacher went to another town to observe the student with Down Syndrome at her Early Intervention centre. It was amazing to see the great things she can already do - more than what some first year Kinders come to school with. We also went to another school to see how they made the transition with boy with Down Syndrome. It was terrific to see how they have organised their classroom and reassuring to me that my idea that she will just be one of the Kinders in the classroom.
    Right - get off the teacher brain and back to mummy brain.
    Marnie and i are weaning at the moment - and not a moment too soon! Tonight at our bedtime feed she really bit me - so much so I cried! THis has only been a new thing but she has been biting my shoulders with Love Kisses - which I posted about before. They do hurt and my shoulders look like I have scratched myself! Not a good look.
    Sarajo - Abby's photos are beautiful. Where did you get that gorgeous Santa outfit? I'd love to know - I think Marnie Moo would look cute too in it.
    I've posted some photos on Marnie's website from her party she went to the other day. I need to upgrade the site now (i.e. pay some money for it!because I have filled my quota.
    Meg - Are you sad that Tilly doesn't believe in Santa anymore? I am sure the photos with Coco will be beautiful. She is so cute!
    Tiggy - I hope everything went well at the paed appointment today.
    Beck - I saw that you had generously given another Belly Belly member some Pooh clothes. You really are a wonderful person and I am so glad I now know you through this forum. Also - I think you may have encouraged a little interest in Westlife with me! I am turning the radio up when their music comes on now - and even made a special effort to see them on Sunrise. I love that Better Midler classic The Rose and was mighty impressed with their version.
    Hi Dani - I hope you and your little man are doing well and you are enjoying working for ANZ? How do you get to work for all these different people. I suppose you are busily getting ready for Jett's birthday party. Marnie's is soon too and I finally have ALL the invitations out. Just need to make the cake and everything else. I hope my lack of baking skills won't be evident on the big day.
    Hi Mel - I hope you and your little man are enjoying the lead up to Christmas!

Hi Missy - I hope you are enjoying your time with your mum!

By the way - ? Do you need to go to the in laws or stay at home this year? We stay with my parents every year - it was agreed (or maybe I insisted!) that I will always stay home. My mum has a brain tumour and we never know if this year will be her last. She is a fighter though as when she was diagnosed with it they couldn't give us any time and now she is coming up to her 5th Christmas. I pray that she'll be here for many more. Okay stop all that now - it is the happy season!

I think this may be the longest post ever! It's the first time in weeks that Marnie has actually gone to sleep at her bed time.
    Hi to Yael and any other people reading this post!
    Have a great week everyone!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls!

Wow you have been busy while I have been away from the puter!
    The paed went ok I guess, Ivy has yet another middle ear infection and so we are going for hearing tests and then off to an ENT probably for grommets. Now she is on antibiotics againWe also have to go for scratch testing and he was talking epi pens and all of that OMG! AN epipen?????? Anyway, weight is ok, everything else is ok for her, development etc, all ok.
    Noah is starting on preventitives for asthma. Better than taking course after course of prednisone, me thinks and we have to go and have his tongue tie snipped. We'll have his hearing tested too for good measure but his lack of speech is being put down to his very tight frenulum.
    What else with him? Ummmm, he needs physio to get him mobile (which he has started) and hopefully will come along in leaps and bounds soonish!
    So that was our paed visit! All on the eve of their first birthday.

Kate, sorry you are feeling terrible. I hope that you find out the problem soon and that you get some decent answers from the new doctor. I haven't tried Ivy and Noah with Santa yet...I have visions of Noah pulling off his beard and lots of little kids bursting into tears at the realisation that StoreSanta aint all he's cracked up to be.

Meg, Oh, Tilly doesn't believe anymore, that's sad. My kids still tell me they believe but I'm sure it's only because they are too scared not too (Fear of getting nothing..those who believe receive and all that).

Renee, I think it will be good for those parents to have a DD child in their child's class. It will be hard for you though having to deal with them.
    I was really sorry to read about your Mum. I hope she has many more Chrissys with you too.

Boy Tiff I feel so ignorant right now! I dont know half of the worsd you used! grommets, epipen, frenulum?? Anyway, I hope Ivy gets better of the ear infection soon! I also hope the preventatives work for Noah! I cant believe they are one!!! I dont know if it THursday yet for y'all, but if it is I'll be the first to say:

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY
    NOAH AND IVY!!!!

Renee my mom bought Abby that dress from burlington coat factory! I dont know if you have those in Australia? MArnie would look like a doll-baby in it wouldnt she!! I tried to view your pics and I forgot the password! If I remember right it is the name of your dog, right? I forget though! Sorry about the bite! Ouch!

Meg great that Tilly will visit Santa with Coco! I cant wait to see the pic! It is too cute how she doesnt believe in Santa but she believes in St. Nicholas bringing gifts every year! lol!

Kate you poor thing! migranes are sooo yucky! I was a huge migrane sufferer, but I got so much better after I had Abby. There are so many triggers...it takes sooo long to see why you get them. In many cases, you never do find out why. I think mine are hormonal for the most part. All I can suggest is to stay in the dark, keep all noise to a minimum, even if it means wearing ear plugs and sunglasses inside. be careful what the doctors want to do to you...every doc I have seen have done different treatments. I didnt really agree with any of them to tell you the truth. Are you taking any pain medications? I know if you take pain meds everyday you can get rebound cluster headaches because of a kind of addiction to pain meds. I had to get off all meds for a week to clear out all the poisons of my systems so my body woulnt have rebound headaches. That was a really rough week. Anyway, I hope they can help you! Oh and try to stay off the computer! We'll miss you, but the glare cant help your headaches! Hope you feel better soon!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY IVY AND NOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys.Renee, sorry to hear about your mum. I hear you though, we do christmas lunch with my rellies every year. I said to Tim only 2 days ago, that I want to go to my rellies every year. I can't help it i just prefer being with my fam (not to mention we see tims fam so often.). Also on chrissy day all my fam and cousins etc are there, where as with tim, they're all above 50, not so much fun!!
    Tiggy, I hope Ivy and Noah have a beautiful birthday. Congrats to you for surviving the first year!! You've had a full on time, but you're an inspiration!!
    hope everyone is well, gotta run xoxoox

Happy 1st birthday Ivy and Noah!`

Marnie's password is Sav - sorry I have taken it off my signature - no reason just forgot!
    Last edited by Renee Elizabeth; November 30th, 2006 at 08:14 AM.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY LITTLE IVY & NOAH!!

Wow, can't believe the first of our babies are now 1!! Eeeek!

Renee - I so hope you have some more Christmases with your Mum...I like the other girls, am so sorry to hear about her tumour! Wow, your school situation sounds very interesting. You sound like a very caring & inspiring teacher...well done! So glad to hear that you went out and watched those other children with disabilities and how they interacted and learnt. Isn't it amazingly sad the assumptions that people make about special children? If some of the 'normal' children out there could only have the intelligence, beautiful manners & happy-go-lucky nature that so many downs kids have.... Thanks also for the compliment about the Pooh clothes I sent to another BB member. I love doing little things like that; and I believe firmly that what comes around goes around. I have been blessed by many of the BB girls and loved being able to do it for someone else.

Meg - That is so cute about Tilly wanting a photo with Coco & Santa! Sad that she no longer believes (I firmly believe that children have so few things to believe in these days that it's so sad when they grow up and realise that another thing is gone? Does that make sense?) Do you have anything special planned for tomorrow for little Coco's birthday? Maybe a cake with dinner?

Tiff - Wow, certainly a lot happening in the world of Noah & Ivy! Have they given you a time frame for some of these things that are supposed to be happening? I understand the grommets thing...I had my adnoids removed & grommets put in at 18 months old. *L* They were supposed to fall out in a year, they fell out 12 years later! *LOL* What are the scratch tests & epi pens for? I thought epi-pens were kept for emergencies to deal with severe allergic reactions like nut allergies & bee stings? OH and *LMAO* at the image you just gave me of Noah sitting on Santa's lap and ripping off his beard only to have the mega-long line of little kiddies waiting for their turn burst into tears!

Kate - {{{{{huggles}}}} You poor thing...I can't imagine what you've had to deal with trying to take care of an almost 1-yr old and attempting to manage a bout of migraines! When is your appointment with the second-opinion doctor? Good on you for being really proactive and not taking one doctor's word for it...if my friend in Canada had done so, we would have lost her. Listen to your body and never settle when you feel uneasy about something. How is gorgeous little Jasmine going? I forgot to mention ages ago how much I love your ticker photo too.

Sarajo - OMG you have such a gorgeous little girl! SO jealous of that outfit...I've been thinking about going out and getting Maddy a Christmas t-shirt & Santa hat and after seeing everyone's photos of their kids in various Christmassy outfits I think I'm definately going to have to! *L*

Missy - How're you going? *LOL* I tried Maddy on weet-bix this morning and seriously, you would have thought I was trying to poison her. She spat it everywhere and then refused to open her mouth. Honestly, she looked incredulous! *L* She did however chow down on a banana and then had her porridge & some toast. How's your little man going? Callum is truly going to be a heartbreaker too!

Oh, I'm catching up with Leanne & Drew again tomorrow! *happy dance* I'll be so nice to see them, can't wait for Drew & Maddy to spend some more time together! Has anyone heard from Christie? I've been thinking about her, as it doesn't seem that long until her 2nd bub must be due? Is baby no.2 due in February or March?

Nothing much happening here...Maddy is down for a nap and she's actually silent. God knows she's probably up to something! *L* My PILs came back yesterday which is lovely. We're off to Yum Cha for my birthday next Wednesday...Meg wish you could be here as I always think of you when I think of Yum Cha!

Hugs to our other girlies, Sami, Jillian, Yael, Rach, Melly and I just know I've forgotten people!
    Last edited by Beckibee; November 30th, 2006 at 09:08 AM.

Love Marnies pics Renee! She is such a sweetie! I love the one of her trying to get her cousin and he looks like he is trying ot get away! Too cute!

quick not to say..

Happpppppppppppy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL

Happy 1st Birthday Ivy & Noah!!

Happy First Birthday IVY AND NOAH!!!!

Have a great day with your family Tiff. I hope it is filled with much joy!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast