Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT's)

Bugger- sorry mate- my bad- i will send u $5!! LOL Sorry again!!! It worked like that for me!! I dont understand- maybe i am just weird!!! Do you have adrs appt? Are you sure you lwft it long enough? It might just take asec- leave it alone for a few minutes and go back

nah its plain as day, its' a BFN... i waited 5-10mins like it said... i have drunk so much water and so much softdrink tonight too so i am sooo full of fluids!!!!!!

it's totally all good... thinking of positive thoughts for tomorrow FMU ( i have to don't i ) i must say though, i'll be totally guttered if it's going to be another early m/c .....

Again- sorry mate- i shouldnt have been encouraging you.... when is AF actually due?? When did u last pee? TMI I know??!!! Like before the test, a few hours?

i pee'd about 3hrs ago BUT i've had heaps to drink! its' all cool i'm totally not worried, (ok im lying if i say that) what will be will be... be lovely for it to stick this time. Don't be sorry! its me that chose to do it.

AF was due yesterday. TBH not sure when i O'd its all very confusing!

i'll see what tomorrow brings! my BFP yesterday was clear enough and came up fast enough to make me feel reassured all is fine its just early days

i really hope so babe- good luck- hey send me a pm in the morning to let me know ok? i am sure its all good!!!

just a question, do you know if EVERYONE produces hcg at the time of their AF due? i mean, for someone who misses the egg there is no way Hcg would be produced is that right?

so if im getting hcg readings then i must have implanted is that correct??? do you know?? yep i will PM you

oh renstar- i only have a bad story to tell about that- do u really want to hear?

No thanks
    Last edited by Shanti; December 10th, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

thought so.. was it a dark line or a faint line yesterday? if it was dark- i am positive with you- wait for fmu- and try again- i will send you loads of i'm sure its a sticker!! And hey- i wasnt kidding- i have a few tests left over- i can send them to you!! Or the $5!!!

And hey- as long as AF isnt here- its all good!!

Love Kat

Thanks Kat, i know as long as AF doesnt arrive then all is good (and dont be silly, the $5 is not the problem!!! i just want a strong BFP!!!)

Renstar - congrats on the BFP - it's always best to wait til FMU to test as it's the most concentrated.

When are you testing again? Please try to hold off for FMU so you don't stress about it.

FYI I came across some interesting research a while back that said that women can have small amounts of HCG in your body even when not pregnant but it's usually not enough to trigger off a test. An exception to that is if you are perimenapausal when it can be high enough to test positive even when you are not.... but a blood test would be negative. Even women past menapause can have levels of HCG in their bodies.... it's really weird. This is also pretty rare I believe.

Satya yes i have heard that above women having hcg in their system but only people menopausal etc (not young women).

i posted in ttc thread if you would like to read it. thank you hun

Quote Originally Posted by ~StarBright~ View Post
    Yeah rememebr the 20-25 are more sensitive than the 10 silly!!!
    Actually the 10 are more sensitive. They measure 10mIU in your urine, it has to get up to 20mIU to be positive on the 20 ones.
    So Ren I would say you have around 10mIU hcg but not high enough to register on the 20mIU one yet so it might just take another couple of days, don't stress!!

Sara- then why did the 20 have a draker line than the 10 from the very same fmu for me??? Doesnt make any sense

No idea. Could be some other reason but I don't know. That is odd but not the norm I wouldn't think because the tests are made to pick up different levels of the hormone and the 10 one picks up less.

I always knew i was strange- but not quite that strange!!!! LOL Who knows!! I can see your point- 10 will pick up ten and the 20 needs it to be at twenty- but i didnt think the MIU was the HCG IYKWIM... like the 10 has a sensitivity of 10- but the 20 is twice as sensitive is what i thought- all too much for me!!!

Yeah, i have to agree with Sara there, i believe if you have only a small amount of hcg in your system than you are best off testing with a 10miu one, whereas if you are more advanced in early pregnancy than a 20miu will be better off as you may have at least 20miu....

i didnt quite understand your way of thinking on it Starbright!!! I think you got it a bit mixed up! lol

I used pregnow sticks and i got 3 faint BFP's went to the doctors , had a blood test and Negative - that was 3 months ago now.

I also did another test yesterday with pregnow ( my last one) and a faint line (1st line as the wee gets sucked up) appeared instantly .

But to be honest i dont trust them. sorry.

Renstar - i would suggest you go to the doctors for a blood test as they will be able to tel lyou definate this early. Rather than stressing over poas tests.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast