Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT's)

Quote Originally Posted by Jules84 View Post
    Hey Damien I had the same thing happen to me when I was trying. From experience and what I've read..you can get a false negative with a home preg test but not a false positive. I'd say go to the doc and have a blood test confirm but sounds very promising!! Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you both! Be sure to let us know how it goes!!
    Thanks Jules84. Will let you know for sure. Its kinda a worrying time when your confused, but when the HPT's just add to the confusion just makes it worse. When she tested yesterday it was 14 DPO.

Jules 84, We did a blood test on tuesday which showed she is 5 weeks pregnant. Thanks for your advice. Damien

That's awesome news Damo!! Congrats to you both and all the very best for this exciting time!! Hope I helped ease your mind a little. so stoked for you guys!

You certainly did help. thanks again. Im going to be a Daddy. wooohhooo

No problem at all you'll find belly belly fantastic, i recommend you and your partner join the belly buddies group (if you havent already) sharing the journey with others is sooo much fun!! Yes, you're going to be a daddy - and sounds like you'll make a wonderful one!! Congrats again

Hi Everyone,
    I am very much new here, so forgive me if this doesn't come up in the right place. I still haven't really worked out what i'm doing!. I have been checking this site out for the past few weeks and have found it so helpfull. I told myself i would wait until a BFP before joining but... I think i need your wisdom and advice a little earlier.
    This is my 4th cycle of TTC #1 (not really trying, but not not trying) since coming of the pill after 10+ years. my cycles so far have been 28, 36 and 28 days. I have POAS a lot of times over the past 3 months-all clear negatives. Anyway, i'm not sure of my exact dates, but going on when i think i O'd (which would make it another 28 day cycle) i think i am day 13 today. Yesterday morning and this morning i POAS using first response and swear there is the faintest line. It definately came up within 3 minutes and i think it has a tinge of pink (could be imagining this part) particularly if i put a torch behind it (i sound like a mad women ) After yesterday mornings super faint test, i was hoping it would be a bit clearer this morning but i dont think it really is (i threw yesterdays in the fire so i would stop obsessing over it! so i cant compare the 2 now).
    Sorry for rambling, but it is doing my head in. Just worried it might be an evap line. I don't think it would show up on my old camera to attach a photo. I suppose i should know for sure in a couple of days, but finding it hard to be patient!
    Any advice/past experiences with using first repsponse from you lovely ladies would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Which First response test did you use? There is a traditional stick type one but also an Early Detection one that comes with a big absorbent bit and a plasticky casing.
    I tried doing them this time on consecutive mornings and didn't notice a real difference. It was only when I did them about 2 days apart that I could.

Thanks for the reply Kim, pretty sure they are the early detection ones ( i have thrown the packet away!) Big absorbant tip with pink plastic lid thingy you put back on. Glad to hear you dont necessarily need to have a difference on two consecutive days to end up with a BFP. I was a bit bummed coz i thought it should have come up pretty obvious today if yesterday was really faint. Will test again tomorrow if AF doesn't show (and i thought waiting a whole 24hrs after yesterday morning was tough )

Haha, yes I know how tough it is.

eta thought of something. If you hold them up to the light, often what you can see is the plastic supports at the back rather than a true line - but colour is def promising.

Default confused

hi all,

i went to my doctor when my period was four days late. she did a urine test and said it came up as a very very faint positive. she also referred me for a 21 day progesterone in case i got my period. not wanting to get too excited, i did a home test (first response) the next day which came up negative. now, two day later i have my period. so i guess i'm just wondering if i could still be pregnant or not, as i read on the internet that some people may still bleed when their pregnant, just not from a 'period'. the doctor assured me that also her test was very very faint, the test is very sensitive.... please inform me! there isn't much on the internet about positive doctor test but negative home tests.

Hi Emmy,
    have you done another test since the negative 2 days ago? Some women definately bleed in pregnancy. hope you get a nice clear BFP when you test next. goodluck!!

Emmy1, I'm sorry to say, but it may have been a chemical pregnancy. It's when the egg implants, but then falls away like a period often resulting in a positive pregnancy test and then a period a couple of days later. Many women don't even know they have had a chemical pregnancy, they just think their period is a few days late. You would only know if you are testing very early, as in your case.
    Maybe you could try a few other brands? just to make sure.

Ok so here's the latest... I don't know if I actually have my periods because this would be about the 2nd/3rd day and usually by now i would have a full-blown flow (sorry tmi i know), but i don't; there's not much there at all. so i think i might do another hpt tomorrow morning. maybe i tested too early? then again, i guess it could be a chemical pregnancy tash.

thanks gals,
    will keep you posted.

Hmm, sounds promising. Early pregnancy bleeding is not uncommon. Good luck and keep us posted

False alarm. Deffo have them today. Oh well... practice makes perfect!

This is a bit of a stupid question, but if you pee a couple of times in the middle of the night, then test when you get up, is the urine diluted?? I would have thought not so it would be FMU, but I did a test this morning and a second line came up but it wasn't as dark as the control line.
    I had a HCG injection on Sunday night (1500iu) which I am pretty sure has a half life of 30 hours (approx) so I should have an HCG of around 300 at the moment. shouldn't I??? If so, why was the test line fainter???

I am 11dpo or 9dptdt.

ETA - I used a First Response Early Response
    Last edited by nothing2lose; October 12th, 2011 at 07:35 AM.

I am not sure how the injection would change things but as long as you didn't drink anything I would have thought the pee would not be considered diluted. Especially if there is a few hours between pees. I wouldn't read much into the darkness of the line, as it can vary slightly from batch to batch

Default pee on a weed

Hi,
    Just read the craziest thing used for pregnancy testing. If you pee on a dandelion leaf and your pregnant the leaves will form red blisters if not then nothing will happen. You leave it for up to an hour. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast