Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT's)

Default Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT's)

Sounds like an old wives' tale to me, but it'd be interesting to see if it's true!

I wanted to announce #3 with a cryptic "the rabbit died", referencing the way people apparently used to test, but now we have actual rabbits as pets it wouldn't be so funny to watch people puzzle it out

Quote Originally Posted by TeniBear View Post
    Sounds like an old wives' tale to me, but it'd be interesting to see if it's true!

I wanted to announce #3 with a cryptic "the rabbit died", referencing the way people apparently used to test, but now we have actual rabbits as pets it wouldn't be so funny to watch people puzzle it out
    Yes find it hard believe too, and have heard about the rabbit test

Hi ladies,
    I done a hpt this morning and got a very strong positive within seconds of doing the test. So i made an appointment with my .gp who also done a urine test but it was negative, but because the lines on mine were so dark she sent me for a blood test but have to wait until Thursday for results.
    Has anyone had this happen and ifmso what was the outcome. :-)

Yup I did a first response with my first at home and got a positive. Went to dr the day after and after 2 mins she looked at the urine test I did and said 'no no line' but I said I swore there was one so she waited longer and sure enough faintest line came up around the 10 min mark. She made me get bloods and low and behold I was pg. their urine tests are generally less sensitive than the good hpts. Good luck!!

Hi kittyk,
    Thanks for that my Dr only waited 2 mins i didn't really see the test. But have had blood test. I could
    Probably attach pic to see what you think but not sure how to.

Oh gosh, now I feel really guilty about my last post - one of the rabbits really did die a little while ago :-/

had that happen with Vic.
    POAS - +ive at home. went to the GP that arvo and got a -ive (according to him i could see a line!) got sent for bloods. and lo and behold i was "with child"

If its a store bought test not past its use by dates then its impossible to get a false positive so congratulations are in order!!!!
    The ones the Drs use are less sensitive than some that you can buy these days so it isn't unusual to have a positive at home and a negative if the dr even bothers testing - most just trust a hot these days.
    Also, I'm guessing the Dr one wasn't first wee of the day.

Hi muppity
    Hpt was done at 8am first wee of the day, i had a couple of glasses of water before a 12pm appointment at the Dr. So possible it was diluted by then. Can you post pics on here. :-)

I think you can do a link to the pic. I just uploaded the pic to my bellybelly album then posted the link on here

I put pic in my album but not sure aboutthe link part

Ok so now i think i am obsessed. Done another hpt tonight and yes 2 lines it is lighter than my original one could it be because i did it late in the day or there isn't as hcg in my system and threatened miscarriage???

Default Re: Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT's)

Wow this thread is a bit old. But I need some help ladies. I took a pic of my HPT clearblue brand. I thought I saw a line but changed the color of the picture and I could see the line clearer. Could it be??bi plan to do another one with FMU in the morning.

I can see it. Looks like a BFP but I wouldn't get to excited until I confirmed it with another test. How many DPO are you? It looks faint but perfectly fine for an early gestation.

Yeh trying not to get excited yet. I'm not sure how many dpo but I'm due in 3 days.

I see a very faint line

Nope AF just showed up right before I was about to test again. Looks like clear blue ain't so clear lol.

I'm sorry zeesweet xxx

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast