Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many weeks before a BFP

so if i say pee in the opk cup i have and cover it with glad wrap? I can nick off to shops and test when i get back?

Yeah that should be fine. You can buy tests that you dip into wee.

cool, they are the ones i prefer to use anyway!
    Oh my my hopes are starting to rise, how do i stop it? I dont want to be dissapointed if im not, if am pg and Rick and dtd tonight is that wrong/bad?

Just try and stay calm. I was going to say have a nice warm bath but you don't have one. Maybe a nice warm shower then to bed.
    You should be okay with DTD tonight but if your not 100% it's the right thing to do then don't.

I really want to, I really wanted to last night but he was tooo tired! he told me before later, but that was before he let Vader out again! but i'll make sure it slow and steady if you know what i mean. We havnt dtd for 5days and before that 1 1/2wks, im kinda at my wits ends iykwim! LOL
    I will try and hold off until i know!
    Im off for now try and find my cat again!
    let you all know what the test says tomorrow!
    Thanks Michelle

oooh let us know what happens when you test! I'm sure you'd let us all know anyway, lol.
    With the HPTs I bought, it said in the instructions that you could pee in a cup and dip it in for 10 secs. This was one of the midstream ones.

Naomi, I have had to pee in a cup before but remeber if you have to wait a while you should refridgerate it but to test it needs to be at room temp or it won't work.

Just as extra info another site I visit (an american one) there are a few woman over there that have not gotten a pos HPT in the first 6wks of there pg.

I brought Confirm - midstream, didnt realise til i got home that it is an early detection one, does that matter?
    Anyway i peed in a cup covered it, didnt refridgerate it and tested about 1hr later, would that have affected the result?

I've never put my sample in the fridge when taking it to the doctors so it should be okay.
    An early detection one is okay.
    What was the result of the test ?

i have never used confirm before, so was unsure where the 2nd line would come up iykwim, i dont know if i did anything to affect the test or whether im not pg, or i am pg and it wont register, but after testing i could only just see where the second line would come up iykwim? i cant see it at arms length or anything, i have one more that i plan to do at mums tomorrow, secretly, and see how that goes. I know a bt is the way to go but i need a proper bfp on a hpt to make me feel better iykwim before getting a bt.
    who knows whats going on with me?

is it possible not to register a bfp until so far into a pg?
    Last edited by nellbe; July 10th, 2006 at 07:34 AM. Reason: multiple posts in a row

Shame i have no way of having a look. Unless you have a scanner and scan it in and email it to me so i can have a look.

I never got a positive until i was 13weeks with Kimberley.
    Last edited by nellbe; July 10th, 2006 at 07:34 AM. Reason: multiple posts in a row

unfortuantely no to the scanner.

so you only got faint bfp? or neg? until you were 13wks?

Got a negative when i tested.

you so got bfn the whole way through til 13wks? did you get a bt done?

Yep got BFN until 13wks i think i only tested once before the BFP. No BT done as it was so clear on the Dr's test and at the time we thought i was only 4-5wks pregnant as i had been having tests done to see why i wasn't falling pg.

oh wow - did the Dr say why it didnt register?
    There is hope for me yet LOL

I never asked why it didn't show up as i only found out i was 13weeks at the time of the test when i went for an ultrasound at what we thought was 7wks due to pain in my side and they thought i was having an ectopic pregnancy and that is when i found out i was 16wks plus pregnant.

wow ok im now worried im going to give birth before ever knowing i was pg! LMAO

so a BT is basically the only way to go hey?
    HHHMMM
    Last edited by nellbe; July 10th, 2006 at 07:35 AM. Reason: multiple posts in a row

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast