Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: opk =hpt????

So Naomi,
    What I think you are saying is that you did another opk today and it was darker than yesterday but not quite as dark as the control???

If that is what you are saying then I will go out on a limb and say you are either ovulating or pregnant. In my experience with Lullaby opk's I only get a second line around ovulation or when I am pregnant. The line I get when I am pregnant gets darker over a few days until it becomes as dark or darker than the control.

If you go to a bulk billing clinic you will get your preg test for free. If not try and buy some preg tests and test. Lullaby sell 10miu preg tests for a little over $3 each! However you won't want to be waiting that long to receive them

Please let us know how you go...

Im going to go look at that now, thanks Lil.
    No im not temping at all. The only thing we do is opk's, we arnt going to get right into TTC til end of this year, meaning charting temps etc

fingers crossed Hun, as I said in the 1-6month thread, if I lived close to you, I would pop a hpt in the post to you, but from way over here in northern NSW, it would take a week to get to you .

Deb, yes that is what im saying, even with the two i tested today the 2nd one was darker then the first, but not as dark as the control line. From the experience i have had with them, i dont get a second line til im oing aswell.
    O'ing is just going to be hard this month considering i dont know when to start cd1 from iykwim? im either cd 14, 10, or 7! Most people are saying 7. Or whether i should be on cd 37-40 (approx).

Thanks Lil - its the thought that counts, i shouldnt of been such an addict before, and i wouldnt of wasted them!

I hate waiting!! it makes me eat LOL
    ive just eaten a vegimite scroll (i never like them til the other day lol) and a couple of handful of chicken chips! and some turkish delight chocolate! oh and drank some milk!

Can someone just say yes you are pg or no your not pg? i think i prefer that to the testing and waiting!
    Last edited by nellbe; July 10th, 2006 at 07:28 AM. Reason: multiple posts in a row

Hi naomi.

You really need to do a hpt to be certain because opks can pick up hcgs which may be throwing your results.

What's your Cervical mucus like? If you can do a hpt tonight that would be great....if it is bfn then keep testing because ovulation is just around the corner (earlier than normal) and you wouldn't want to miss it.

Fingers Crossed

Naomi,
    I would do the deed, as a darker line in the one day indicates that ovulation is about to occur. I would think if the line got darker during the same day then it is picking up LH and you are about to ovulate - or of course you are pregnant. Only a hpt will tell you.

ok so either pg or about to O!
    Is it normal and safe to o early?

Taking into account that you gave birth not so long ago and you probably haven't been menstruating for many months??? I would say that it is within the realms of normal. Also taking into account that a positive opk tells you that an lh surge is happening and you will ovulate within 24 hours (generally sometimes a bit longer). So, perhaps you will get a positive opk tomorrow (do another tonight and check if it's getting darker...) and then ovulate the next day and you will be around day 12 - that is fine. It would be lovely to hear though that your darker lines on the opk are hcg however it sounds like it may be picking up LH and ovulation.
    Please do a HPT!!!! And don't forget to do the deed tonight just in case!

Well said Flowerchild - DITTO!

Good Luck Naomi - i hope that it does turn out ++++ (the hpt that is) but if not good luck and have fun BD'ing

well if i was pg it should be a much darker 2nd line, i got a faint 2nd line, but im taking is about ovulation! I wish we could dtd! bummer i guess this month is out for me already! Rick is working 13hr shifts today and tomorrow! so we couldnt dtd last night! and tonight will be out to if he has his way! we dtd though monday night, does that help LMAO i will try for it tonight but i doubt it! Bummer hey!!!!
    Oh well always next month! and hopefully my body stops playing tricks on me!

Hi Naomi,

Don't rule out this month just yet. Opk Its still a faint second line right? so it has never reached a positive result yet - then you may be just gearing up....some women receive a "fade in" pattern. Ovulation may not actually occur for a few days so don't give up hope just yet.

sorry what i ment was the hpt showed a faint 2nd line, but as i wouldve thought the 2nd line should be way more darker than that if i am pg, so im ruling out pg and making it O time, i believe im either oing or about to i have another hr to wait before i can take another opk test, but im sure i'll either get a + or close enough to.

Talking

OMG!!! Which brand of HPT did you use? A second line is a second line!!!!! ***provided it came up within the specified time frame and has colour to it (not greyish).

you sound more excited then me Jodie! LOL
    I cant remember the brand......pre something, isnt pregnoisis or pregnow! As Rick is home and doesnt know anything about this, i cant get up and check although i could let you knwo later tonight.
    If i was pg i would be close to 6wks, surely that would be enough to give me a real dark line?? it came upp in the time specified and was pink not grey

Naomi you could have implanted late and close to AF coming and that is why the second line is faint and you got AF. I think the best thing to do is get a BT done just to make sure.

I know that there was a problem with one of the brands (ask flowerchild). Do you have a scanner? Maybe you could scan it in for us? or email it to me and i can post it if you don't know how to.

I really do hope that is a positive result for you. You could also call the manufacturers of the test and see if they have reported any false positive results and if so why the result line isn't dark - let them know that you know when you ovualted and that you did have a light period this cycle.

** edited to say, Blood test is definately the way to go to be sure. Don't forget to ask for a quantative reading so they give you your actual hcg levels.

mmmm the plot thickens hey????
    If the line came up pink within the time frame the test has picked up hcg. (barring it not being a bodgy test - but let's think positive girls!!!)
    Yep, I have had my problems with false positives and they are heartbreaking. The brand was discover and there was another brand made by the same company. There is a big thrread in here somewhere about it but I can't do the link thing sorry. from memory pregnosis is a 25miu test quite a big flatish one??? Am I right Naomi???
    REmember the dye can be a bit funny, I have a friend who got very feint positives until 7 weeks and now has a healthy 14 month old boy!!!
    I HOPE SO MUCH FOR YOU THAT THhis is a positive. Keep us posted Naomi.

jus a quick post tea is almost ready -havnt tested with an opk yet will do in about 20min.

But the brand was unfortunatley Deb - Discover - im not to happy about that now, i had another brand in my head which i wasnt going to get and it seems to be vice versa!!!

I dont know what to do, i dont want to go to Dr's, they scare me into BFN's lol, i want to atleast try with atleast another hpt first and then maybe go to dr's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast