Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: opk =hpt????

good idea Sarah! im off to do that now!!

Michelle - very true indeed, i will keep that in mind!

Naomi, Just from my personal experience, i have had a false+ twice with fortel, so i would never use them again, but thats just me, but thought i would let you know.

so do u recomend crystal clear? or is there another one you recomend?

is there even one safe hpt without the attached down points of fake +'s??? It is so fustrating, i get my first + on a hpt to find out its fake and then to find out its normal and that it would be actual weird if i didn have an expereince of a fake + in my life time! LOL
    I def dont want to choose one when someone has had bad results with them, they scare me, and i dont want to use them iykwim?

I think with you keep having fake +'s your best bet would be to have a BT done. At least it would save you some $$. If you go to the hospital you won't have to pay.

With Both of my pregnancies, i could not fault Confirm, both times i used them and they have never given me any sort of a faint line each month i test, except when i was infact pregnant, and there not too badly priced either.

i agree with shellstar, confirm is great and also crystal clear have been fantastic with me, but fortel is a big no no for me iwll never buy them or recommend them. Everytime i used them i always got a faint positive, but was never pregnant!!! I rang the company to complain and they said they know it can give false positives and it is due to the acidity of your urine, so why not fix them???????

nicolesd Guest

Default It works!

I got on this forum...read it, and took an OPK (I had a lot of them!). It was a little lighter than the control line. So, the next morning, I took another one--same thing happened. I figured I should just take a real pregnancy test, and it was POSITIVE!!! I TOTALLY believe in this! I have already had a blood test just to confirm, and it was positive!

Good Luck to all!!
    Last edited by nicolesd; February 26th, 2007 at 01:08 AM.

Ok OPk = ovulation predictor Kit and Hpt = home pregnancy test

OPk is to determine when you have ovulated. You need to start them a couple of days before you ovulate to make sure you know when you ovulate. If you take a OPK too late in your cycle it will show you ovulated "Yes" but when ? it may have already passed and you are too late...

Justawaiting - an opk will only turn positive when th LH (lutenising hormone) surge is happening. OR when HCG (pregnancy hormone) is present in your urine or in the presence of some rare medical conditions. An opk will only show positive for the period of time that your LH surge is occuring. So, if you have a positive opk and your period is due it is possible and probable that you are pregnant. However, as the other women have said a pregnancy test showing a positive result is really the only one to count on.

Flowerchild thanks for the post !!! really really interesting I did not know that.

Heather

Is it possible to get no line on a OPK but still get a + HPT ?

definitely because a lot of the OPKs are not as sensitive as the HPTS!

good luck.

beccas

Thanks Flowerchild
    I've said it before, and i'll say it again - you learn something everyday from this place.

nicolesd Guest

I am a little over 9 weeks pregnant, and I tested with an OPK first. It wasn't as dark as the control line. After that, I did an HPT, and it was instantly positive. For me, when I wasn't pregnant, the second line on OPKs didn't show up, so it was weird for it to come up--and that is why I finally tested with an HPT. I have tested with OPKs that I have left over randomly so far in my pregnancy just to see, and they definitely got darker as I went. Now they are to the point that they can't get any darker! Point being that it is a good (but not definitative) sign that you are showing a line on the OPK. Testing with an HPT is definitely the only sure way to know.

Hi all,

My Dp and I agreed I wouldn't not test until sunday which would make me 12DPO. Sneaky me decided to get around this by doing an OPK Now yesterday when I tested i got a faint 2nd line, no biggy to me as I'm getting faint lines all the time on OPKs. But i decided to test again this morning to compare. The 2nd line is darker.

So my question, if i'm pg should the 2nd line get darker?

Any help would be appreciated

Sounds good, Bron. And your chart is looking great. I have a very positive feeling that this is your month! *sticky vibes* *sticky vibes*

Thanks for replying Kerry.

Oooh and congratulations on your pg!

In the interests of science (yep, I was plain curious ), I just tried an opk and second line was nice and dark. Bron, if you've got a second line coming up and it's getting darker, I'd be trying an extra sensitive HPT tomorrow morning. I'm sure you'll see a BFP. It might be faint though. Lots of *sticky vibes* coming your way!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast