Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone a Tizzie Hall fan?

Thanks for the hello Tizzie. Great to hear you are recently married, but I hadn't realised you were in Dublin at the mo?

I think its really important to realise we all have our opinions, and this is not the first expert that we have disagreed with. As many people have posted, this is a gental parenting website, and people are well within their right to post that they disagree with your, and many other experts sleeps.

I do believe that for many people things cahgne once they have a baby. Its documented (although I cant remember where) that a babies cry evokes such a feeling in his/her mother that noone else can understand, and that is what so many of us mothers feel on a daily basis. And while I personally respect that your advice helps many, many people, its not for me or for the style of parenting that I have chosed to adopt. And I'm pretty proud of the fact that when my baby can't sleep, she comes into bed with us, cause babies have good nights and bad nights, and if a cuddle takes away my babies pain, well thats whats needed.

And again, with the newborn routines, which I opbjected to in the PP magazine, and was published, its just not fair to lay that sort of stuff on mums with little tiny bubbies. Breastfeeding was such a battle for me, I had an enormous oversupply, and your routine could never have helped me. Ever - and I'm 100% confident on that. In fact, following a newborn routine such as yours I'm afraid would have sent me to the looney bin.
    I think that we need to support mums so much more than we do, and tell them that if they get through their day - any way they can, then thats OK.

I have always congratulated people who have found success with your routines, and told people who are having trouble with babies, particularly newborns not to hold too much into routines, and I will stick by this. And when you BIL has a baby of his own, I'm sure you'll be the first he'll call for help, and I hope you can, but ultimately its up to him how he learns to deal with the child, as it is with all of us.

Congratulations on your success with many, many parents and babies, but don't be harsh on the ones who dont believe in your techniques - including owners and moderators of forums.

Fiona

tizzie Guest

Hi Fiona:

I think you have misread my post I do not have a problem with people who disagree with my methods for helping parents and babies. However I do have a problem with people coming on here and making up lies about me or Save Our Sleep.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

How can you be in Dublin when your IP address says you are in Victoria Tizzie? As is Victoria's IP?

Perhaps i'll have to check with one of my in-laws Tizzie, who is a QC (seriously) about the legal bits, he'll know if there is a law about this I am sure. Oh and he doesn't address people with Hi: and nor do my other in-laws who are also very educated and have a $5mil waterfront home in NSW. In fact the two of you in one day who have addressed us in this way is astonishing! (Oh and that would be who Victoria is by the way - funny how in the space of a few hours, suddenly all your fans pop out of nowhere, one who rings you and one who keeps posting in here). It's not just educated people who write in this way (i.e. Hi, there are many educated people and high-flyers in this forum and I assure you, we aren't all uneducated women who have nothing to do all day but complain. (our kids keep us busy you see).

You still haven't clarified what you are if you aren't a childless nanny, what shall I edit it to for you? I've asked twice, if you can't tell me what it should be then how can I help by changing it? Is ex-nanny, no kids sufficient? I'm not telling lies, why would I want to? Victoria thinks I a jealous but I am very content with my children, birth attending and my businesses. I have no desire to work as a nanny, have psychology studies or sleep expert. I hate the word expert it belongs to parents and I believe they are the ones that need to be empowered. But all that aside, I am having much trouble getting truths from you, you aren't answering much at all. You obviously don't want to debate this topic either?

It would be good if you could clarify your studies too - it doesn't say you are a psychologist but only "Tizzie started her Save Our Sleep (SOS) business in the United Kingdom in 1996 after tertiary psychology studies and a career in private childcare." Everything is quite elusive about what you do without specifics, so some facts would be really good!

Anyways, I guess it's just going to keep going around in circles, so I will lock this thread, it's not very constructive now.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I just wanted to add a post to this as I have an email this morning from Tizzie's office saying they will be commencing legal action this morning against BellyBelly due to questioning Tizzie's training. *editing 2.12pm Monday as they are now not looking into suing me for the education comment but instead for saying Tizzie teaches 'cry it out' solutions.*

I want to say that I am not removing this thread or this post and I stand by what I say. You only have to run a google search to find masses of pages of stuff in Australia on forums written by other mums, moderators, site owners etc. So I am not the first and I certainly wont be the last. These other forums are far more out there and accusing than what has been posted here. This is lame in comparison. If anyone would like any further links, feel free to email me otherwise just run an australian google search in order to inform yourselves.

Women choose Obstetricians who are qualified. Women take their children to doctors or paediatricians who are qualified. So when there is an issue or time which has a major effect on a child's and mother's physical, mental or psychological wellbeing, (which of course is the case in such early stages of life, it's where it's set-up) we damn well have the right to know if we are getting advice from someone with relevant qualifications and what they are, especially when they do not have children themselves. Even though we have not yet established if the person in question is a qualified Psychologist, does training for Psychology adequetely cover birth/newborn/infant mental health and wellbeing in regards to sleep training? What effect does this have on the mums who think they are going to get a 24 hour fix and it doesn't happen? What happens when things go downhill?

Anyway, I have nothing against the person at all, but this is a site for discussion on pregnancy and baby topics and I see it as my right and every mothers right to ask what training these 'experts' have and to discuss our thoughts on sleep training as a gentle parenting site.

I would love to debate this topic further with myself or others who are pro-gentle or mothers instinct, I would love it to be in the media on a current affairs or morning show so everyone can make up their own minds, because I think the most dangerous thing of all is to tell people you have a solution without also telling them it may not work as not everything works for all.

If something works in 24 hours and it hasn't been discovered yet by generations of mums through various methods of comforting, then some sort of 'training' has to be involved. I have heard some stories from mums who have had this training but I will not post it as it's only word of mouth and could be wrong, but I would not train my babies in this way. And that is just my own private opinion only.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123