Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mothers/Play groups Gold Coast?????

Red face Mothers/Play groups Gold Coast?????

Hi everyone!

As most of you know being a Mum can be a little demanding and lonely!! I would love to meet other mums around my age (26) who have babies or toddlers who would like to start a playgroup or a once a week meeting at 2bKids or something like that??

zoe Guest

Hi,
    What a shame you live on the wrong coast! (Just kidding). We're the same age, and I have two children as well, and it's so hard finding other mum's my age.

Hi Zoe,

I know what you mean. Being a 'youngish' mum has its advantages and disadvantages! No one my age has kids and they dont understand nap times and the inability to go out and have fun! haha. The sunshine coast isnt too far away?? hehe My parents are actually looking at buying a house up there soon which will be great! I absolutely love it up that way.

zoe Guest

That's exactly how I feel!! I'm in a weird situation where I'm still (at 26) at uni and with children where all my childless friends are out working (& having fun!) and my friends with kids are all older and settled. So it makes it hard to relate sometimes... But I like the fact that I'll be a young mum when my kids are older. I figure when they are older we'll be able to do lots of the things we've missed out on now (career, travel etc). The Sunshine Coast is beautiful. I find myself missing Brissie lately though - good shopping I think. That's probably good that I'm bored with the shops up here though!

Hi Zoe,
    Yep im in the same situation. I am at uni too and struggling to find friends to relate too. Do you use msn? add me if you do [email protected]
    Would be great to chat!

zoe Guest

Hi Claire, I do have msn (I need to download the new one - have been meaning to for about a year now...) so I will add you on the contacts list. My email address is: [email protected]

mum2littleman Guest

hi, was wondering if you are still having meet ups?
    im Lou 21 and have a 22 month old and find it hard to find other mothers my age with children i live in carrara and would love to meet other mums.

Siarra's mummy Guest

Smile HI ya!

Hi there!
    I'm Laura & am 30 and have a 5 1/2 mnth old daughter. We are looking for new mums/kids to catch up with, if you're interested We live at Upper Coomera

Hi Girls,

Come and join our thread in the local members section. Go to the Queensland group. We have a lovely big group of mummies who meet every week for a catch up and keep in contact on here. If you have any problems finding it, email me at [email protected]. Looking forward to seeing you there

Lulu~ Guest

Hi Siarra's Mummy
    Just wondering whether you have had any luck with a play group? I'm in the same situation as you are??

Siarra's mummy Guest

I caught up with a few mums nearly 2 weeks ago...wasn't too bad...they had another meet today but i couldn't make it....

I'm free anytime for a catch up if you wanna meet?? I know how hard it is to meet people :-)
    Last edited by Astrolady; November 7th, 2007 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Removal of link

Lulu~ Guest

Default Meet up

I started a new meetup group on the following website. ( I have never started anything like this before and really can't believe i have)

Go to

meetup.com/cities/gold_coast

We are going to meet every Monday at 10:30 down at Harley Park, Labrador.

It would be great if you could make it.

Email me on [email protected] if you like

How old is your child/ren?

My son Koby is 9mnths

tallulahbelle Guest

Hi,
    Im Tammy, Have a 6 month old called Tallulah-Belle, would love her to meet some friends as well as me!
    When are you all meeting and could we come too?
    Love Tammy and Tallulah-Belle

Lulu~ Guest

Default Tammy

Hi Tammy

I started a new meetup group on the following website. ( I have never started anything like this before and really can't believe i have)

Go to

meetup.com/cities/gold_coast

We are going to meet every Monday at 10:30 down at Harley Park, Labrador.

It would be great if you could make it.

Email me on [email protected] if you like

tallulahbelle Guest

fantastic! we will be there.
    Thanks
    love Tam and Tallulah-Belle

Pretty Mrs Kitty Guest

Default Just wondering

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if the meets at Harley Park are still happening?

Hugs Kitty

Yeah Id be really interested too!! Will check out the website

Lulu~ Guest

Default Gold Coast Playgroup

Hi Everyone
    Since starting the meetup group at Harley Park, we have now moved across the road to a playgroup hall. Behind the Senior Citizens Hall, Marine Parade, Labrador.
    We had such a good turn out and its so much better being in a hall with lots of toys etc. The children can play freely and not run off (it got a little hard at the park).

We all put in $3.50 each week to cover the hall hire fee.
    Every Monday from 10.30 to 12.30.

If you are interested in coming along you are more than welcome.

Thanks
    Lucinda
    [email protected]
    07 5532 7510

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast