Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding

But that's still really early - could your dates be wrong? Mine was like 3 weeks difference so I knew they couldn't be out by that much but only a week is much more of a possibility. Oh hun, it's bloody scary and I just don't know what to say other than hang in there. More

Trish I am sorry you have had such a difficult day. Did you get a chance to speak with your Doc about the report? I am not sure what it all means but I have everything crossed that when you go back there is a sweet little heartbeat.

Could it be that you are not as far as you thought you were?

Big love
    Spring

All the best and i hope ur next scan shows a bubba and a healthy heart beat *hugs*

We dtd on March 17th. Does that date help you out ?? LOL. That was the only time in the last month. Or in the month of March anyway.

Try not to worry Trish... you know sperm can live for up to 5 days so you may have O'd late... making tou less than 6 weeks

I found this:
    Fetal Pole
    A mass of fetal cells, separate from the yolk sac, first becomes apparent on transvaginal ultrasound just after the 6th week of gestation. This mass of cells is known as the fetal pole. It is the fetus in its somite stage. Usually you can identify rhythmic fetal cardiac movement within the fetal pole, although it may need to grow several mm before this is apparent.

The fetal pole grows at a rate of about 1 mm a day, starting at the 6th week of gestational age. Thus, a simple way to "date" an early pregnancy is to add the length of the fetus (in mm) to 6 weeks. Using this method, a fetal pole measuring 5 mm would have a gestational age of 6 weeks and 5 days.
    So if you did O later than you think the fetal pole would not be visable yet.

I hope you are ok.

Tanya

Hugs hun. Two soggies over here for you.

Thank you so much for that Tanya. I still feel like I am in limbo. I just want to know what way I am going. I guess that makes sense to far to many of you.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes girls.

Nat, thanks hun :hugs:

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    We dtd on March 17th. Does that date help you out ?? LOL. That was the only time in the last month. Or in the month of March anyway.
    Okay - (glad to know someone else is doing very little but sleeping in bed ) but I agree with Tanya that there is a possibility of late o and some extra robust little sperm!

Honestly Trish, I know whenever I read of stories like yours above, I have a terrible feeling because the outcome was not good for me. BUT I know not everyones story ends like mine did. So I'm not willing to give up for you yet. Don't you either.

Trish - the subchroniac bleed is what is causing your bleeding. That is a good sign! And it's still small. That was what caused me to bleed for weeks throughout first tri with this pregnancy.

When I found out I was pregnant this time, we had only DTD twice the whole month and the one that did it made it that by the first scan I should have been 6w4d. My first scan showed only a gestational sac measuring 5w6d, no yoke sac, no fetal pole, nothing. The sonographer said that they sometimes don't show up till 7 weeks or later.

I was sent back a week later for the next scan, and there was a teeny barely noticable heartbeat and fetal pole come up on the internal scan. Now I've got a huge boy in there!

Don't give up hope, give it 7-10 days like they recommend and go for that next scan. I'm so glad there is a reason for your bleeding that isn't the bubba.

This is a good sign too
    At this early stage of pregnancy no foetal pole or cardiac actvity is yet seen.
    They are saying 'at this early stage' in the beginning of it, like that isn't unusual at all, like as if that is the reason it's not showing the FP.

Trish - i had my ultrasound on the day i thought it was 6 weeks, and there was no heartbeat. He said as long as its less than 6 weeks (even 1 day under), it is really hard to judge dates accurately etc.

When i went back, he moved my date forward, which should have made the day i went for the ultrasound 6w1d, and def. should have got an accurate date, but whatever.

Anyway, i just wanted to say goodluck, i hope everything is fine, and like somebody said, if its off only by 2-3 days or something, then it could still be ok.

I hope everything is ok, and that coping with the worry is also ok, as i'm sure this is a very worrying time.

Tara, thank you so very much for that. You have given me some hope. She didn't give me an age of the gestional sac though, only said that it was 1.5cm. She didn't say approximately how far along I would be if it were a viable pregnancy.

Yael, thank you so much for your comments too hun. It's good to have something to compare it to.

Lil MG, Nah, not often does any bding get done in this house. Tehya never bloody sleeps and I'm always too tired. LOL. Besides, I've learnt now what it causes

Trish I had a simialr thing with Flynn - I was 2 weeks out. First scan showed abmormalities WRT dates but 5 days later all was ok....

Try to keep positive until you have your next scan. It sounds like there is still hope.

Can you not get hcg blood tests every few days to make sure it's going up like it should?

With charlie i had my first u/s at 7 weeks, couldnt see anything with the normal u/s and with the internal she said she could only just see everything, if it were a day before she probably couldnt of.

Big *hugs* to you. I'm praying everything is fine with your little one. You're a tough nut and i'm betting s/he is too.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh honey, huge big cuddles for you. Don't give up hope just yet. I'm sending you all the sticky vibes in the world. Hoping and praying that your little one will be fine.

Thanks for all the positive vibes girls. They really mean alot to me.

Trish, wishing you all the best xoxox

stick little one!

Trish thinking of you. Stick little bubby!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast