Thread: Brownish Discharge

Default Brownish Discharge

Hi All,

Last night when I wiped (sorry if TMI!) I notcied I had a very light brownish discharge in my CM. Nothing today and then I noticed it again tonight when I got home. I sort of feel a bit like before my periods come as well (that really full, slightly achy feeling).

I saw that there have been a few posts about this recently but it hasn't turned in to bleeding yet - should I go to see my GP tomorrow? I had my first visit with the Ob yesterday and he did an internal so am thinking maybe he dislodged some old blood?

Am trying not to worry too much but it is so hard! Has anyone else had this?

Thanks,
    TD.

Hi Tinydancer, I also had a brownish discharge many times throughout my preg. I think it is perfectly normal, and if you are gettering pains around the time of your normal cycle my GP told me that is normal too. I know it is hard not to worry, if you are still concerned go to your GP for reassurance. All the best.

Thanks Dianne. The time for when my next period would be due isn't actually for another 2 weeks (I had read this also). Think I will go to bed early, get a good night's sleep and if it's still there in the morning I will go to the GP for peace of mind. It's reassuring to know that you had it and there were no probs - thanks for taking the time to reply

Tinydancer ---- I am sure it's just old blood coming out... I hope all is ok. Rest up hun.

A brown discharge is not unusual in early pregnancy. And if you had an internal then it is very common to have some brown discharge. Although I can not understand what your OB would hope to find by doing an internal at 5 weeks!

Thanks Alan, I thought this was a bit strange as well. I had quite a large fibroid removed this time last year and thought maybe he was checking to see recovery etc?? He said he won't do anymore only at the first visit...

Hey TD

I have had a brownish discharge for the past week, and it did freak me out, I did let my MW know who spoke with my OB, I had JB heartbeat check on Friday and that was a relief, I was told to rest and take it easy for a few days. It is quite normal and try to take it eay, I was like you my normal "period" wouldn't have been due for two weeks either.

As long as you are not getting bad cramps or red flow then try not to stress, I recommend that you do contact your OB just so that they are aware, should it be ongoing.

Just rest up, keep your feet up and relax, sending you a big

I also had a scan today and JB had a nice strong and was growing well! And there was no sign or visible reason for the bleeding/brownish discharge so it is old blood from the cervix.

Hi,

I had this aswell, my Dr said it was just old blood but sent me for a scan to ease my mind. I think this was about 8 weeks ago now. It is pretty scary, just make sure you rest up.

I had this once to very early on and that period time feeling is normal too!

Hi TD, can be very normal. Happens when the placents starts to attatch and hits a blood vessel. I have been having this as well and my US showed up 2 spots where bleeding is happening so to expect to see some in the discharge. But today I have had a spot of bright blood a new bleed? Who knows!!! It can't be changed and I have had it with most of my other pregnancies. Can I be forward and suggest not doing the dance, I know a lot of girls who continued on as normal and were OK, but my doc's have always suggested skip it for the first trimester. Only A thought!!!!

Have had the same brownish discharge only when I wipe myself and a few times over a few days. My GP said its when the implantation begins, as long as you are only having this brownish discharge over a few days - anything longer then a week go and see a doctor.

Hope that helps and good luck