Thread: The end of morning sickness

Question The end of morning sickness

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if the end of morning sickness creeps up on you like the beginning of morning sickness does? from 6W2D I've been consistently sick. Not vomiting, but wishing I would. It was 24/7 although the night time was worse (if that's possible). I'm now nearly 10 weeks. Up until yesterday I had a few good days in a row where I had very very little nausea and just a bit of tiredness. Yesterday and today, however, I have felt sooo terrible again. I can barely move off my bed

What was your experience? Did you have some good days and bad days and then gradually more good than bad? Or did the m/s just stop one day for you?

I'm looking for a light- hoping that the end of the tunnel is nearly here.

Thanks

Hi, I found with my first pregnancy that yes the morning sickness just started out of no where. But once I got to 12 weeks it just all of a sudden went away, one day I realised that I hadnt felt that sick feeling after all my meals that day and it never came back.
    Now with my 2nd pregnancy I am finding the same thing, I am now 5 weeks and get that sick feeling mostly after meals - where I wished I didnt eat or wished I could throw up. I am hoping this helps you a little.
    Zorica

Peekay yep, the start of MS just turned up one day for me and then until about 13 weeks I felt really average. Then, without really noticing it myself, DH said to me "you seem more like yourself again" and when I thought about it, it had been a few days since I had felt sick. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

In my 1st preg I felt awful and vomited lots until I hit exactly on 12 week mark then suddenly felt better. This time though from about 11 weeks to around 15 weeks I had one or two good days followed by one or two bad days with the ratio gradually swinging in my favour until it dissapeared altogether.

Hope your good days are outnumbering your bad ones! MS sux!

HI Girls

With your morning sickness, did you find some days were better than others, or were they the same all the way through. I have really bad days but the last couple of days I havent felt as bad, is this normal?

MT

I had shocking morning sickness until about 15-16 weeks, when it dwindled down to only (ha!!) vomiting once or twice per day. Then it got progressively less (vomiting every two or three days) up to about 20 weeks, when the vomiting stopped. I still got occasionally nauseous for the remainder of the pregnancy though.

Some days were worse than others, that's for sure!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Mummy Two i am like you hun .. my comes and goes sometimes i have 3 days on (feeling bad) and then a cpl days feeling good but yeah i have a weird little trend pattern happening lol - hopefully i only have about 4 weeks left of it all !

I was throwing up well into my second trimester so I don't think I'll be much comfort! I had heartburn and morning sickness at the same time, too. Ah, those were the days! I found that my morning sickness petered out, but I don't know if that's normal or not.

I had such bad MS (no vomitting but I could not get out of bed I felt so terrible) so I went on MS pills, though even with them I still felt gross. Every 2 weeks I would skip a pill to see how I felt. Around 13 weeks I finally felt ok enough to stop taking them. I felt a bit sick for a few days but it gradually got better and I finally felt normal again (though I still had major food aversions and could only eat small meals or I'd feel rotten again). You're almost at the end of the tunnel, hang in there!

Hi Peekay,
    **hugs"" i know how you feel.
    I had MS until about 14weeks, easing up from week12. Everyday is quite the same for me, 24x7 of constant nausea. Although some days when I really tired, it would be worse especially when i came home from work. So perhaps the same with you, nighttime is worse because of tiredness?
    I tried everything, eating constantly, toasts, ginger, etc. The only thing that helped (although just a little bit) was the nausea bands. HTH and hope the end of the tunnel is closer than you think

Thanks for your reassurance ladies.

I'm 12 weeks now and have definitely had some better days recently. It does come back at night time, but as aglinra said it probably has something to do with the tiredness.

I'm very fortunate that I've been on holidays for the entire period of morning sickness so far (I'm a teacher), but go back to school next week. I'll be 13 weeks then and have my fingers and toes crossed that my m/s is completely gone.

is how I'll be feeling with morning sickness and 25 brand new Preppies (4/5 year olds). Please be gone morning sickness

With DS I was vomitting from about 6 weeks through till 11. I then had that slight nauseous feeling till close to 20 weeks! But that I could handle... the vomitting I couldn't!! I hope it gets better for you poor thing!

Mine came up on me all of a sudden, but disappeared completely by about 14-15 weeks.
    I still wretch a bit every now and again, but no throwing up!

I had it early on this preg, it left me around the 13 week mark only to come back last week with avengence! Right at this moment im trying not to vomit... But atleast you know your bubba is growing!!

sprite Guest

You know, I am finally reaching the light at the end of the tunnel I think. I was VERY sick before the test even came back positive, I am still taking meds, but I find I can muster a smile and a little laugh and am finally feeling like myself a little more each day. It is really tough- even started triggering some depression, but now I am starting to feel better. I was 3 months on this past Saturday, so hopefully I will be able to get off these meds soon

Crystalilly Guest

Unhappy You poor thing

With all my previous pregnancies I started to feel awful from 6wks and got gradually better from 20 wks. However , if I let myself get too tired I would start feeling sick again and all I could do was go to bed - nothing else would help. I hope it all settles down for you soon. If you find any tricks to deal with it let us know!