Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness-Is this normal?

Default Morning Sickness-Is this normal?

I was hoping someone can shed a light on why I am so sick. I feel sick 24/7. It doesn't stop, nothing seems to help. I have a constant sick feeling with waves of nausea that nearly cause me to throw up. I have not thrown up, yet, but am wondering if this is normal? I can't work cause I feel myself regurging when I talk to people. I never thought morning sickness could be this bad. Is there something wrong with me or has anyone else experienced this before? I know they say it stops at 12 weeks but if it's this bad will it stop?

Please share your stories with me so I know this is normal.

Oh I feel for you and I'm sorry to tell you it is normal, sadly enough However if it is so bad you just cannot function at all or keep anything down see your dr about maybe some anti-nausea relief. I know it feels like it will never end but it will. Huge again, it's one of the toughest times in pregnancy I think.

Awwwwwww! :hugs: It is normal... Sorry! In my first few weeks, I actually wondered why on earth does ANYONE get pregnant a second time?!?!?!! Though I can tell you it DOES pass, I had nausea from 4 weeks and started vomiting at 6, and hit my worst of vomiting several times a day at about 7 weeks and it continued until about 10-11 weeks...
    BUT I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER! They call second trimester the magical one... I don't know about magical but I am dancing in the street because the :ms: has gone! LOL! I still get a bit queasy sometimes, but no where near as bad as it was!

Another mum2b said to me the other day... the things we do for our babies! She was so right! There is another thread active at the moment about m/s and some things that help, I'll go find it and link it for you

ETA: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=61070
    Last edited by Indadhanu; February 22nd, 2008 at 02:02 PM.

Georgi - I almost don't want to share my story with you because it's horrible and i don't want to scare you! I was nauseaous from about 4 weeks constantly (stupid didn't realise i was pregnant!) and the vomiting kicked in at about 8 weeks - not only in the morning but all day pretty much. It (the vomiting)lasted until about 5 months, then settled - although i was a little nausaous most days. In the last few weeks the morning sickness kicked back in again - mainly vomiting in the morning - very hard to lean over the toilet bowl with a huge tummy! I tried everything from ginger, sea sickness bands to a naturopath and nothing worked for me. I really really don't want to scare you!! I just wanted to let you know my experience because i lived for 12 weeks and then when the sickness didn't stop i was devastated.
    BUT it sounds cliched but it was all worth it because i now have my beautiful boy!
    Good luck with everything and hopefully you are on of the lucky ones that the m/s doesn't last!

kirsty_lee Guest

Ahhh my dear.. I so wish I could say 'yup it will stop at 12 weeks' I unfortuneatly had morning sickness until 6 1/2 months... hopefully it stops sooner for you cause i know how much it totally sucks feeling [email protected] 24/7 I lost 2 kilos every fortnight for about 2-3 months due to it cause i was just so ill.. for you

morning sickness... If it was just in the morning I might not have had such a problem with it
    It's such an individual thing, for me it usually lasted till about 18weeks, with the odd days of nausea later in the PG. I hope yours settles soon

im going through it really bad myself just wanted to let u know as dp gets sick og my whinging,,,,, i cant get anything to help maybe for 5 mins but it comes right back ive been vomiting also i just quit my job to day as i couldnt continue it was a very physical job and i couldnt handle it in exausted .. and sisk of feeling this way i got those blackmore ms relief tablets they do jack for me its terrible i cant function or go anywere cause that vomit feeling is there all the time
    i feel your pain ,,, im really wondering y do i wana go through this again oh gosh i hope it passes soon..

Thanks so much for sharing your stories. At least I now know that it is normal. I just hope I can find ways to manage it.

LEASHA Thanks for that link. It was a helpful read.

SAVINA You poor thing. At least I'm not vomitting. When did your vomitting start? I'm hoping I have escaped that all together.

I got sick at bang on 6 weeks. Now at 10 weeks and still sick 24/7. I had to go on to maxolon after the first week or so as I just couldn't function. I haven't thrown up (too stubborn) but I just feeling disgusting. I'm very fortunate in that I can set my own hours at work but I have been suffering financially regardless as I still find it very difficult to get to work.
    I'm living for the 12 week mark and I'll bawl if it keeps going LOL. I think from time to time that if I were to lose this baby *Heaven forbid* I don't know if I could ever try again.
    I know I got sick with my first bub but it wasn't this bad - and the next person to say twins... look out! I prefer to think that it's a girl to complete the set LOL
    I am dead worried about the drugs though. I know I didn't have any other choice and and they say it's safe...

NIGHT GODDESS I was thinking twins too, but my US yesterday showed only 1 little bean. I had to quit work this week cause I am just too sick. I sell cars so its not like I can sit at a desk feeling sorry for myself. It was quite physical & all the talking makes me feel really bad. I'm going to work part time for my aunty's real estate, just doing office work. I requested Maxalon from my GP, which she gave me, but said she'd prefer me not to take them in the first trimester. She said although there is no evidence that it causes any damage and many women have taken it with much success, she'd prefer me to only take them if I really need to.
    I have found Natural Travel Calm to work a little. It just takes that heaving feeling away for a couple of hours. It contains ginger but I only ever take one every few days or more. It says you can take up to two a day, but I only take it if I need to.
    Please let me know how you get on after 12weeks. From what most people tell me it's more like 14weeks.

I feel your pain! I was throwing up morning and night and everything in between for the entire first half of my pregnancy, it was AWFUL. I was also living with my ILs and the smell of MILs cooking made it all so much worse!

GINGER will help you. Drink ginger ale or better yet, chew pieces of cystalized ginger constantly. It's a herbal remedy for nausea and I would've lost my mind in my first trimester without it!

Baby socks Where would I find pieces of chrystalised ginger?? I've never heard of it.

sorry to say this but with ds mine never went away in fact i was vomiting the morning my waters broke. i also had 24/7 sickness.
    i lost 15kg while pg last time. i realy hope it goes for you its terrable.

good thing is this time im in my 2nd trimester and almost better. only sick every few days.

try eating, drinking, everything ginger and vegemite the vitimin b6 helps...

You poor thing all I can say is welcome to the club

at 12 weeks my symptoms have decreased but are still there. I have found an effervescent thing made by Swisse its B6 and Ginger ... tastes like crap but has helped me significantly with the neusia.

Also snacking regularly, which can be difficult, on dry toast fruit or veggies like carrot and celery and drinking lots of water has helped a little. It is hard to drink and eat when you feel like crap but I found it did help even just a little bit

good luck and wishing you a H&H pregnancy

Hi Geori!!

I had it pretty bad - it went from afternoon sickness, to ALL DAY sickness, and the same as you, not so much actual vomiting, just this exhausted, blah, tired, nausea, didnt want to move sickness!!!

I was pretty lucky at work, there is one day in the week i HAVE to be at work, but all the other days i was able to head home in the arvo when it kicked in!!

For me, i did start throwing up about week 8-10... probably only once a day if that, and it was more of a releif, the nausea would feel a little better after getting it out IYKWIM... by week 11 things SLOWLY got better, i would have good day, bad day, two good days, one bad day etc until about 13 weeks, then the good days started to out way the bad, and i would get a bit of nausea every now and then. i am at 16 weeks tomorrow (wahoo!!) and still a bit tired, but NO more nausea!!

I have had two friends who experienced morning sickness the whole way through, and i felt bad for them, but they both made it through with their bubbas,one has had another baby (again m/s the whole way through) and one has gone on to do it twice more, so it must have been worth it!

I found vegemite toast was the only thing i ate in the first few weeks, with plenty of juice, but honestly i couldnt stomach anything else. I found my elevit helped a fair bit, and keeping something in my tummy.

AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!!! So if you do start throwing up, it helps you from being dehidrated!!!

Good luck, and i hope it eases for you soon!!!

Luv
    Starbright

Hi all,

I just found this thread and it's been a great one for me to read! I'm also pregnant with my first child and just had no idea how bad m/s could be!! I also have m/s sickness 24/7 (my only relief is when I am sleeping). Luckily no vomitting but it is so hard to cope with work and life in general when I feel so sick all the time. I have tried heaps of things - B6, ginger, etc etc.. but nothing has made it much better.

I have also wondered why anyone would try for a second child. But it must be worth it in the end.

Even though I wish other people didn't have to go through what I am going through it is comforting to know that I am not alone in my suffering.

Here's hoping it all ends at 12 weeks!!!

Tanya

hey everyone,

I've been relatively lucky with my m/s - haven't actually vomited, but have just felt queasy - mornings and night (specially bed-time, ick!). But one thing I've found helps is acupuncture. You want to go to someone reputable (they need to know what they're doing for PG), but the first 4 times after I'd had the acupuncture, I actually thought i had m/c'ed cos i felt so much better. Just a thought.

I'm also hooked on lemon & ginger tea (Twinings) - helps me force down the toast prior to getting outta bed in the mornings!

Belfie.

Hey georgi- just checking in to see how you are going..
    Hope all is well and you are feeling good!!
    xoxox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast