Thread: moring sickness HELP!!!

Sarah-William-And-Hayden Guest

Default moring sickness HELP!!!

hi ladies i need some advice!

i have all day sickness and im a stay at home mum but at the moment im finding it hard to watch Hayden as all im doing is vomiting lots and feel like doing it when im not i need to find something that will help with it so any suggestions will be great i cant get rid of it

it does come and go but when i have it it klast for a couple of hours then goes and come back again

thanks Sarah

big hugs to you Sarah

try and keep your blood sugar levels stable, with regular small snacks

blackmores have a great morning sickness blend with ginger and vitamen B

relaxation and acupuncture can help relieve the nausea

take it easy, rent some DVDs and chill out with Hayden, and venture to the park for some fresh air and sunshine

hope it passes for you soon

x

I did read in one of my baby books, that if you have a cracker and a cup of tea before you get out of bed it can help?? I had a tiny bit of morning sickness (no vomiting though) and eating crackers always helps for me - especially ones like jatz or something - must of been the salt that got me.. unfortunately I love my salt!!

ooh yes Aricyn's mum, salt! I found salt and vinegar chips always made me feel better, or hot chips with chicken salt and gravy.

I'm finding that the last couple of weeks I've started to feel a little bit of nausea again, so have been trying to have lots of little snacks, like some biscuits - jatz or watercrackers, or this week it has been salada's with a tiny bit of butter and vegemite.

ooh, another one I found that was helpful for me was choc vanilla flavoured chuppa chupps.

hope you are feeling better soon Sarah

Nic

Yes, I second salt! All I wanted was Red Rock Deli Sea Salt Chips!
    Plus Hungry Jacks Mayo, as thats pretty salty too for some reason!

Saos helped me, I just liked the dryness. Someone has told me they are good for saoking up excess bile in the stomach or something like that, but I dunno... they were good!

Steamed veges too.... I couldn't get enough of them!

Don't eat too much sugar though... that was one thing that just sent me into a very bad spiral!

Maybe if it's really bad, go to your GP and get a script for some Maxalon tablets, there suppose to help to stop the vomitting I think.

hugs xoxo

2 words: GREEN APPLES!

With DD1 i was soooo sick..and green apples was the only thing that helped me survive the first 22 weeks

OMG Kimbaz, I forgot about green apples! I can't stand apples, they usually make me sick, but have found that they have been helping me quite a bit.

Nic

Sarah-William-And-Hayden Guest

thanks ladies i will have to try a few of these things i was stuck for idea and i have never herd of the apple thing before i will have to go and buy some and try that out and the salt thing i hope that some of these hewlp me i will let you know how i go thanks heaps
    Sarah

Just to add to the apple comments....i found if there were fridge cold it helped more then if they were at room temp.

Nic i found the apple trick by fluke....im not a green apple fan but im glad i had no choice but to get them one day at the shops when they had no red ones

Oh, and have you tried those 'sea bands'? So many peole have recommended them to me; I never tried them, but apparently they are really good.

I tried the sea sickness bands in my last preg - they have a bauble on the inside that sits on an accupressure point on the inner wrist - they did help to an extent - but I wouldn't wear them at work cos they are so visible and I didn't want to attract any questions at that time.

So if you are at home Sarah - you have a few more weeks of m/s to go if you feel it bad at 6.5 wks, they are about $24 at some pharmacies - recommend you ring around first as not all of them have them.

I am lucky and have escaped bad m/s this time around, I think I have had enough over the past pregs LOL

Jody_P Guest

I have been finding granny smith apples seems to calm my nausea down for some strange reason. Although I'm not vomiting, I feel nauseas and tired all day long. I know it's not the most common sort of relief but it seems to be working for me.

I've never heard about the apples as an anti morning sickness remedy, but the funny thing is that reading this thread has bought back a childhood memory I have of my mother grating granny smiths for me to ate when I had an upset tummy!

GINGERRR!! It's a herbal remedy for nausea and it really works. Everywhere I went, I carried with me a big bottle of ginger ale, all through the 1st half of my pregnancy. Chewing chystalized ginger is meant to be even better. Even if you don't like ginger, I promise it will help!
    There's also stuff you can get from the pharmacy, herbal things . . . that contain ginger