Thread: One small skim caramel latte a day?

Default One small skim caramel latte a day?

Hi ladies

I have been having 1 small skim caramel (or flavoured) latte per day in the morning at work. I was speaking to someone I know and they reckon I really should cut it right out.
    I normally do not have any more caffeine throughout the day other than maybe a bit of chocolate or a cola. I have been trying to be conscious of what has and what doesn't have caffeine in it. Should I stop doing it?

Also what does everyone reckon about cooking with alcohol, I am going to a party tonight where dessert is Traditional Black Forrest Cake with Kirsch
    Marinated Sour Cherries, Fresh Cream and
    Chocolate Shavings.. also don't mind putting a bit of wine in some of the cooking..?

Thoughts?

mmmmm caffiene....ive been drinking it the whole pregnancy. One small cup a day isnt going to do anything. U learn when being pregnant, its a long road and its nice to treat urself once in a while.

The cooking with alcohol??? um i dont think u need to worry about it. Just try not to eat everything that has alcohol in it. iykwim. If its just a one off then go ahead, eat it and enjoy.

HTH

If you enjoy your skim caramel latte, and you're not having much more caffeine than that, I'd keep having it.
    As for alcohol, I love to cook with wine, and continued doing so when I was pregnant with all of my babies... the alcohol gets cooked out of it anyway when it is over heat... as for desserts, I don't really eat alcohol in desserts, but I guess a little can't hurt you.
    Enjoy!

hun, i dropped back to one coffe a while ago - and have still had one a day. I would not be able to work if i didnt have my coffee!!

But that is about all the caffeine i have.

With the cooking - so long as it is cooked the alcohol should evaporate (unless the alcohol is poured over the cake after cooking) - but i wouldnt eat the cherries if they have been soaked in alcohol.

But the cherries are the best part!!!!

Thanks ladies, feel much better about having my coffee as we speak now.

Unfortunately, tonight's menu is mostly made of what I can't eat and I don't really want to make a fuss fearing that everyone is going to be suspicious as to why i would order a different meals.
    The set menu is smoked meats and salamis for entrees, a chicken parmigiana for main (thanks goodness I can actually eat that) and forrest cake for dessert without cherries... that's no fun!
    Oh well, I guess it's all part of the fun!

Moose

just take a tub of icecream and a spoon...u can just eat that lol

I avoided coffee until a couple of weeks ago. My reason for that though was that I was completely addicted to it and didn't want to risk getting stuck into it again if I had one. I replaced my coffee addiction with chocolate and it hasn't done me or bubs any harm. I didn't drink any cola drinks at all but did have a few cups of tea a day.

I wouldn't worry about the dessert at all. It's fine.

I would avoid the entree altogether, but it sounds like that's what you are going to do anyway. If there are salads being served with the parma ensure that there's no dressing on them that contains egg white, or if you think that will give the game away just don't eat them.

I avoided coffee until a couple of weeks ago. My reason for that though was that I was completely addicted to it and didn't want to risk getting stuck into it again if I had one. I replaced my coffee addiction with chocolate and it hasn't done me or bubs any harm. I didn't drink any cola drinks at all but did have a few cups of tea a day.

I wouldn't worry about the dessert at all. It's fine.

I would avoid the entree altogether, but it sounds like that's what you are going to do anyway. If there are salads being served with the parma ensure that there's no dressing on them that contains raw egg, or if you think that will give the game away just avoid any creamy dressing.

I did away with a lot of things but one thing I couldn't shake (until I stopped working) was my morning vanilla latte.. I wouldn't get too stressed about it. As you say, if you're only having one a day then it shouldn't affect bub too much.

Alcohol in cooking shouldn't be a problem because the alcohol content burns off in the cooking process so it should only be the flavour of the drink in there.

I would definitely skip the entrees though...

Oh yeah , as delicious as they sound, the entrees are out of bounds for sure... but i re read the menu and there are some pickled vegetables and pretzels as well..
    GOOOOO Pretzels!!