Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Symptoms in the First Trimester

i'm getting the cramping, the pukey feelings, sore bbs, dramatic mood changes and I'm off half the foods i normally like.
    i'm only feeling like fried eggs or steak n chips, but my friend suggested grapes whenever i get sick and so far thay work, but i'm going through a bag a day!
    mum suggested tea and a biscut, and thanks to decaf tea i can have a couple of those a day. does anyone else feel sick allllll the time? i'm feeling like i'm going to throw up from when i wake up at about 7 (or when the feeling wakes me up!) till i sleep at 11pm - plus i've now started waking up at about 3am and being wide awake for about an hour. last night i was sure i was going to be sick which had me sitting next to the toilet at about 4am! I'd much prefer the MS they show in movies - a lil puky in the morning then fine all day! how long does this go on for?

JDX,

LOL I too would like the morning sickness that happens in the movies, where it only lasts for a tiny bit, and the women still look beautifully made up all through it!

My sister has just ordered some Preggie POps for me to try so will give that a whirl. So far the dry biscuits and dry ginger drinks aren't doing anything! I like tea nomally but can't stomach the taste or smell at the moment.

Takes me ages to get to sleep although I am exhausted because I feel sick and then I wake up about 2.30 - 3.00 and then just doze on and off until I have to get up for work!

I don't know how women used to manage centuries ago!

[QUOTE=Stars69;1009029]JDX,
    My sister has just ordered some Preggie POps for me to try so will give that a whirl. So far the dry biscuits and dry ginger drinks aren't doing anything! I like tea nomally but can't stomach the taste or smell at the moment.
    QUOTE]

oooo preggie pops? i haven't heard of them yet...
    my body is getting very schizophrenic about what it likes. everyday now it's changing. two days ago it was lemonade/ginger ale, the next it was lemon lime & bitters - now i can't even look at them!
    I used to be able to settle my nausea instantly with pizza or fried chips, or the tea thing i mentioned last time, but nothing seems to work now.

i guess i'm just getting more pregnant lol and it's supposed to get worse? but i honestly can't imaging another 6 weeks of feeling this bad!
    i've tried the swisse pregcell sachets, and the blackmores MS formula... no results from either!

my latest 3 feel better things (that worked ok yesterday lol) lemon icey poles instead of softdrinks. fresh air (my whole flat is like a wind tunnel at the mo ), and lastly this worked really well last night... plain jasmine rice.
    I'm getting really pukey before bed now as well as all day, plus waking up at least 2 times in the night. last night we ordered thai food, and the plain rice was so brilliant for settling my tumy, that i put it next to the bed and had a spoonful each time i woke up. it gives the same nasty morning taste as midnight saladas, but its stodgyness let me sleep? so going to try it again tonight, see if it works again.

maybe try the rice trick during the late evening - if it settles your tummy maybe you can quickly go to bed before your body has the chance to feel sick again?
    poor thing - i totally understand how you feel!

Thanks JDX,

I had never heard of Preggie Pops and my niece called and said she had ordered some over the internet. I think they are natural flavours and oils and things, like sour fruit...anything is worth a try!

Yep can't look at dry ginger now...lol! Just discovered Coke Zero works okay for me (At the moment anyway!).

Might try the plain rice tonight...at night I just get the horrible nausea and insomnia..I too can't imagine feeling like this for weeks and weeks ahead!!!

Funny I used to crave sweet things, now all I fancy is sour stuff...nothing sweet at all! THe thought of chocolate makes me ill!

I can't believe one tiny little thing can have such a big impact on your body!

Hope you are feeling good today,

Rach

Stars69 - be careful with Coke zero - pretty sure that's got caffeine in it and caffeine is bad for pregnant women.... to much is thought to cause miscarriage. It also contains chemicals instead of sugar and that's not good either. I've heard that sucking on any lolly pop can be good so might be worth trying a chupa chup before forking out the money for preggie pops.

Hi All,

I've just crashed in on your thread - sorry.

We've been TTC for about 3 months and over the past 4 days I've taken 4 HPT that have all come back positive!!!! woo hoo!!!! (Don't know why I keep testing - just to make sure it's still there I think??!?!? But also cause my period is only really due today, and we started telling our parents and immediate family yesterday.)

The GP says I'm due on 17th July,(but I reckon it's really a week later cause my cycle has been 35 days for past three.) and was wondering how you get into the groups of women due around the same time?

Also have been having some of the obscure pains you guys are talking about. I little concerning but I keep picturing that it's the little baby (sack of cells! ha ha) having a bit of a stretch to make some more room. Quite a cute picture when you think of it.

Glad to be hear.

Jules

Congrats Jules!

I'm due 5th July, so not too far away from you, and i think stars69 is about a week ahead of me
    maybe 3 people constitutes a group? lol

oh and i was 28day cycle (as i was on the pill), but was 31-35 for the 2 just before i got pregnant... but they still said 5th July to me lol.

jessie x

Hey Jessie,

Me too! I am due the same day as you! 5 July 08.

Congrats Jules!

Satya thanks for your advice about coke zero, I have only had one can today and one yesterday, I hope that it is okay and has not done any harm!

Alrighty July 08 Mum's!! woo hoo!!!

Tell ya what, my bb and nips are tender!!! OMG!!! and i've also developed the navel line from bellybutton to pubic bone. Is that normal? Does anyone else have that already? I'm about 4 weeks.

Hi Jules,

not yet.... BUT.... father of the lil bub came at me w/ a pair of tweezers 2 days ago...and plucked out a CHIN HAIR!!!! it was black and thick and long, like a bloody eyebrow hair! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

he said very matter of factly that it had been there about a week, but he didn't want to embaress me! under my chin of course where i couldn't see

oh and scorpiomum showed me where our group is
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/show...28#post1011628

there are stax of people all in our date range! yay!!

Jessie x

Hi Ladies
    I am 9 weeks and counting.
    I have had 2 mc, so cant wait to have my 12 week scan. Had one at 6 and saw a heart beat..... yay!
    Feeling really tired, not so nauseaus, but have been experiencing the cramping feeling often.
    I am not particularly concerned though, especially after reading of others experiences. I guess I just gotta have faith that it will all be fab!
    Take care
    Amanda

Hi ladies

I've had a lot of the symptoms already mentioned, the main ones being nausea off and on throughout the day, and its now at the point where i nearly go to throw up. Fatigue, i've never been one to have sleeps during the day but lately i've been wanting to just sleep and going to the loo alot more. Also have some cramping pains and keep expecting my AF but im now onto my 3rd day late. The last test i did was a BFN so i really wanna test but worried its still going to be neg... i dont know wat these symptoms could be if im not preg...wat do u think?? I really hope to have good news soon!

Hi.
    I would not be too concerned with the negative reading. I did a HPT on the day my period was due and got a neg too. I then tested 5 days later and BFP was on the horizon.
    My cramping also started pretty early and has been constant through the last 5 weeks. My girlfriend who is a natropath says that it is just the uterus adjusting and stretching to make room.
    Hoping you get a BFP real soon. Fingers, toes and legs crossed.
    Mrs G

Aww thanks Mrs G, I just get so disapointed seeing a BFN, decided that if AF hasn't come by Saturday morning i'll test again, dunno if the tests i got are faulty, they are cheapies from the net... I got my BFP with DD on one of those Forelife brands. So will see how i go, still no sign of AF and still got the nausea and everything else!!
    Hope to have good news soon!!

Just an update, AF has arrived so I guess its back to the beginning now, wonder if it was my mind making up all those symptoms, i was so sure i was preg...

Hey Deb
    I am really sorry to hear the AF has reared her head for you.
    Sometimes when you really want something your mind does do strange things. I had a number of months where I was sure that i was pg but then the painters came.
    Don't despair, just try and have fun trying! After all it is all about the love connection with you and DH.
    Take care, and keep me in the loop with your progress.
    Cheers
    A

Hi Deb,

sorry to hear your news... we were trying like crazy, every2nd day, doing the who ovulation test thing - nothing! and then we stopped trying and this one happened by accident? my girlfriend said the same thing happened to her... good luck and have fun trying this month... :hugs:

As for the MS - an update for what its worth... I've had it for weeks now already and the nausea seems to be getting worse, but the last few days it almost totally subsides for an hour or two, then it gets really bad again. It's funny, because the morning time on an empty tummy is usually the worst, but the last 2 mornings I've felt ok till about an hour later. Which of course makes me worry. LOL so I'm totally confused - i wish the pukey feelings away, they go & i worry, they come back and i wish them away agin!
    poor confused body!@!

It could be worse i guess, the lady in the post office had it so bad she couldn't stand up and was vomiting every 2 mins... at least its not that bad...

hugs to you all - hope you're all feeling non-pukey today

jessie x

Awww thanks girls, im just going to have fun trying. I'm not to fussed as we have Charlotte and I have always believed if you don't think to much, it will happen! I'll keep you all updated on how we go!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast