Thread: Spot Bleeding ??

I live in a small country town in NSW called Hay. Very remote and very quiet lol

Smile Spot Bleeding ??

Hi guys

I have a question to ask and would like to hear any feedback that you have to offer

I am just over 7 week's pregnant. (I will be eight week's come this friday). I have been having some spot bleeding. It's not bright blood, it's a brownish coloured blood and it does look like it's old blood. It's not all the time that i have this "Discharge", it only seems to happen after sex or having an orgasm I have had my first consultation with my Doctor and i did tell her this and she said that it is quiet normal and not to worry about it unless it turns a bright red. I don't get much cramping, just every now and then i get a niggly pain.

Approximately 3 years ago i had a problem with my period. I bleed heavily for over three months before having a curett (sorry can't spell that) and having an IUD (Marina) put in. When i married my wonderful husband in September last year, i had the IUD taken out in October, I had 1 period and that was it, it was then we discovered that we were pregnant. We are both excited yet shocked it happenned so quickly. Whilst i had the IUD in place, i used to experience spotting with it as well, mild cramping like if i had my period but i never really had a period while i had the IUD in place.

There is an 11 year gap between my pregnancies, I have a son Benjamin. I never experienced anything like this with my pregnancy with him, even though they say that all pregnancies are not the same.

I suppose i am just very confused and i live in a small country town that doesn't offer much in medical technologies it means we have to travel. My doctor lives an hour and 10 minutes away from me.

Anything you can tell me, or if you have experienced anything in the same way as i have i would love to know your thoughts and feedback. Thankyou

It's apparentely pretty common for some spotting to occur during the first trimester (or so my Dr said). I had spotting at 5 weeks, 8 weeks, and 12 weeks and then it finally stopped and I went on to have a normal pregnancy and a happy healthy baby. I had an U/S at 8 weeks and the tech could see a spot of blood and said I might spot again and sure enough a few weeks later I did. I was told as long as it was brown and stayed light it was ok but if it got heavy or turned red to go back and see him.

There are bleeding in pregnancy posts somewhere else (in the pregnancy section I think!!!) so you can read about other's stories. I bled inmy pregnancy with Mackenzie and she's fine but id does depend on each pregnancy.

Moving to Pregnancy - First Trimester Discusion

Brown blood is old blood and usually this is not a problem. I had it myself at 6 weeks during my first pg - my DS is now about to turn 3! But as always, if you worried, see your doctor - you can't put a price on peace of mind.

I had two episodes of brown spotting early in this pregnancy and because of it (and my history) I was put on bed rest both times.... just in case. All was well at my scan last week.

I live in a small country town in NSW called Hay. Very remote and very quiet lol

Default Thanks Guys :)

Thanks guys for your feedback. It is a very stressfull thing to happen, especially when you have never experienced anything like it before in a previous pregnancy.

I called my DR yesterday and i had to travel to her straight away, i was ordered an ultrasound which proved that the baby is safe and doing very well. The brownish blood has nothing to do with the baby which is great news.

It's always better to be safe than sorry.

That's great news Wombles, here's to a H&H pg.