Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you eat for lunch?

Default What do you eat for lunch?

It may seem like a silly question - but prior to finding out I was pregnant I would eat samdwhiches with some tpe of deli meat on them for lunch nearly every day. now I am at a loss because i can't eat deli meat!

What do you eat for lunch!

I eat sandwiches most days - generally avocado, cheese and salad or hommous and salad. I might do toasted avocado, cheese and tomato if I want something hot.

I also do leftovers for lunch, especially things like soup, pasta and curries.

If I am buying my lunch I might buy noodles, vegetarian sushi or a smoothie.

I hope that gives you some ideas.

I looooooooove soup for lunch or otherwise have leftovers.

Whatever DF makes me All the girls at work are so jealous My honey makes my lunch almost every day.

On Friday the girls all had lunch together and they went to get their subway,oportos etc... i heat up my chicken and tomatoe soup (it smelt divine) and toast up my roast beef samwich..... they all want him to make lunch for all of us!!

If you're still wanting sandwiches, you can have salmon sandwiches or egg salad as well as salad sandwich. But soups & toast have also been a fav, especially as it is now winter. Or the easiest is to make sure you have enough left over to take to work the next day

I eat left overs heated up really hot, vegemite and cheese sandwiches, soup, hot chips (drool), if i buy my lunch i usually have a vegie pattie and sweet chilli sauce roll.

I have been lucky as i have have been craving fruit and could happily have that for every meal - oh and ice-cream.

I have been feeling pretty off so for me it has been whatever I can get down.
    When i feel ok i have salad sandwiches, leftovers, baked bean toasted sandwiches stuff like that. Feeling yuck just thinking about food today!!!

hi just wondering does anyone know if mcdonalds sausage mcmuffins are safe to eat? Im really craving them

I have a very boring lunch most days. Simple vegemite sandwich. Some days I have cup a soup usually cream of mushroom but I doubt thats got anything good in it. I found my appetite is less than before. I get hungry but I really don't have a desire for anything in particular so I eat a vegie sandwich. I do also like hot chips again not very good for you. But I eat a box a McDonalds cookies almost every day! Bump loves them.
    I must admit I am at a loss to cause I am wary of everything. If I buy a salad sandwich from a shop I wonder how long has that salad been sitting there and did it get washed properly so I tend to avoid the shop unless its been cooked fresh. I guess at least I am saving money.

i agree puppies... i am finding it hard to find anything i am interested enough to eat too. i am hungry but when i go through the options of what i could eat it all sounds unappetizing (sp?) i think i might brave a ham and cheese toasted sandwhich soon it should be ok cause the ham will be hot hey??

I usually have leftovers, or soup...I love the COuntry Ladle Minestrone soup that comes in its own heat up cup! if I'm at home I love to make toasted sandwich or something though!
    Another option is buy some chicken breasts and cook them (Ijust use my George Foreman), and chop them up instead of having deli meat in ur sandwich I think that would be fine!

mrsC that is an awesome idea! cause i have been wondering about getting cooked chook from coles or something but the chicken breast thing is ingenious! :-)

eeeew @ soup though, just reading your guys posts talking about soup makes me feel sick. LOL

I live on toasted ham, egg and cheese sandwitches ... and share Kirsty's devotion to hot chips *double drool*

I get the sandwitches at my own shop, so I know the ham is fresh and it's heated up really hot when being toasted, so I don't worry to much.

Funny thing, I am now in second tri and have started eating lunch at around 15:00 I am just so nauseas over lunch-time that I don't fancy anything and then 15:00'ish hits and I'm starving

Oh yeah, Kitt3n, I want your hubby!! Send him over NOW

I buy chicken breasts and cook them then put it into a roll

Or buy a cooked chicken from the supermarket and make a chicken salad

Toasted sandwiches, as long as the ham is hot it's fine

Subway with cooked chicked and no salad

Quiche, usually vegetarian

Takeaway burger (no salad) if I dont have much time

Go to Brumbys/ bakers delight and buy a vegemite scroll or cheese roll

Baked beans/ spaghetti on toast

2 minute noodles

Lots of options!

I've been having soup a lot most of this winter.

I've avoided sushi on TWW, and since I got pregnant, because they say the rice is just as much a problem as the raw fish..... I love sushi. It used to be my AF-arriving treat.

Oh, my mind's gone blank, I can't think of anything else which hasn't already been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles81 View Post
    hi just wondering does anyone know if mcdonalds sausage mcmuffins are safe to eat? Im really craving them
    I can't see why not. You've got me craving them now! They've been one of my random non-pregnant cravings for years now, I love them, but tend to only have about 2 a year.

I read somewhere have to eat eggs fully cooked...which means no mayonnaise cause its made with whole eggs!!! am I the only freaky person here who is seriously missing her mayo? I had chips for lunch and I was sooooo sad I couldnt have Mayo with them!! its a small price to pay to reduce risk of doing anythin to harm lil 'Bunny' but still was most disappointing! Alcohol and soft cheese...easy to skip, but the mayo...oh what a weirdo I am!

you can get mayo without raw egg in it- you just have to look for it. You also have to be careful of mayo they use in red rooster, and other take out burgers for the same reason. Dont forget that raw egg is also in things such as mousses, tarts, custards and anything that contains these ingredients ( i.e a lemon tarte, vanilla slices, custard tartes, chocolate mousse etc)

also cook up a piece of girello (beef) and carve that up for sandwiches- yummy
    You can also cook up a yummy piece of silverside in the slow cooker and use that for sandwiches as well. Just make sure that if you take it to work etc. that you pack an ice-pack and keep sandwich nice and cool and refridgerated. Its gotta be kept below 4 degrees!

be careful with chooks from the supermarket that are cooked- they are great if you see them just come out, but they can sit in the bain marie for a while otherwise- just gotta use your judgement!

High risk foods besides the cheese, etc are chicken, fish and rice- eat them super hot or super cold!!!!

if you are not sure- food safety victoria have a great website that goes through everything
    HTH
    odette

I have been slack and eat ham out of the packet. I needed to for the first 6 weeks!! I figure it's not from the deli section so Im not too fussed. Not too keen on the additives though, so have stopped now.
    ALso having DD with egg allergy, we just buy kraft mayo with no egg, tastes just the same. But saying that I also have been craving a tuna baguette from Pasta Zu which has mayo, but I still eat it. Sometimes the cravings are just too much!
    Macca's is fine, just unhealthy! Didn't stop me getting a bacon and egg mcmuffin the other day!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast