Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get AF symptoms before a BFP ?

Default Anyone get AF symptoms before a BFP ?

Hi all, just seeking a bit of hope today as feeling the dreaded AF symptoms again. Iím not sure exactly when the wicked witch is due but itís sometime between now and next Tuesday.

Just wondering if any of you girls had symptoms just like AF, just before getting their BFP ? (just so I can keep those crazy thoughts going right up until the last moment, Iím a sucker for punishmentÖ)

I thought they were coming but i was pg. So yes i definately got all the symptoms of AF, cramping, bloating needing chocky etc etc.

I did too with pg 1. The BFP was a very pleasant surprise!

I got AF symptoms (cramps, bloating, moody, craving creamy/greasy food) before my BFP except spotting. I always spot for about a week before AF and this time I didn't get any spotting at all.

Oh yeah - I warned my husband to be good cause I was cranky as hell and sure AF was coming.

Imagine my surprise when the little strip had two lines!!

DITTO WITH MY LAST 2 PREG'S... WAS SURE AF WAS COMING.... ooops sorry bout caps...

Thanks girls.. it's good to hear those stories, I'll keep and ! No spotting at the moment or cramping really, just an "af impending" feeling - I never used to be aware of those feelings before TTC, but now I really notice it about 5 days before AF comes. Weird isn't it!

Hi Sharon,
    I was crampy, bloated, cranky, very emotional (cried at ad on tv, lol) and even got my AF pimple. I only did a hpt out of habit so was a bit surprised to say the least when it had 2 lines.
    Good Luck to you

For the girls who DID get AF symptoms before BFP, I'm just curious - how long do the AF symptoms last? Or does it stay with you throughout pregnancy? That would drive me batty !! Tho I get you'd get used to it...?

Well, I'm 8 weeks and the mild cramping has pretty much stopped. But my boobs are still sore and tender, even more so in fact, and have grown a bit. Still have bloating and the need to pee alot. Plus still feeling queasy. Right now it seems like these symptoms will never end..hehe

I had all the symptoms, especially cramping and even had some light bleeding which was apparently implantation bleeding. I nearly passed out with shock when i got positive pregnancy test, as i had been vomiting for a few days and thought i had gastro!
    The cramping lasted for about 8 or 9 wks i think

nelle2503 Guest

Hi,
    I am new (only joined today) and am not sure if I am doing this correctly. I am replying to the "Anyone get AF symptoms before a BFP?"

I am not due for AF until the 30th but have had non-stop cramping and occasional lower back pain for about the last 10 days. Oh yeah and have been really cranky with DH for the past few days. Have been using Maybe Baby and have had full ferning everyday for the last 10 days also. I don't normally get the back and pelvic pain till about 2 days before.

Have done two HPTs - I know its a bit early but couldn't wait. They were both negative. Will probably try to to hold out for another test until Saturday.

Good luck

Before getting my HPT i was the same! I think i was probably worse if anything.
    The week i was due i had come down with a bad cold and wasn't sleeping properly, so that combined with stress from work i had just assumed i was late (well now so, at the time i didnt even notice i was late, i was too sick to care).
    In the week i was due, i was really crampy and cranky as all hell, i think i was more hormonal than ever. But i also had nausea, light-headedness, headaches, frequent urination to add to it. DR told me i had a virus, but a week later i've realised i'm late and i'm still waiting and thought better do a HPT. And BFP it was. Later told the cramps (worse than usual) must have been the effect of my uterus growing so rapidly early on...

nelle2503 Guest

Hi Ashnant,

Yes I have had headaches just about everyday also. I usually urinate every hour normally as I drink a tonne of water but I have noticed over the last few days that I have also been getting up twice everynight.

Is it too early to have cravings cause normally I am a vegie fan but I just sent an email to DH asking if we could skip the vegies and just have a plate of meat?

I'm not sure, but seeing as red meats are the highest source of iron, it seems possible...
    With the increase of blood production (required for pregnancy) it seems a sensible idea that the body would crave an increased intake... In saying that green veges such as broccoli are also some of the higher iron containers for vege's... I think!
    As i'm not a health / nutrition expert (might get there one day, once we eventually get back to uni) i don't know that this is entirely correct... but it might be another thing to keep your hopes up
    Sending sticky vibes your way
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; October 24th, 2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: eta

What about orange juice?? If that's on your list for cravings you're almost set :P
    Midwife told me that vitamin c is needed to break down the iron....

Hey Sharon I had AF symptoms with DD, I was so sure that AF was arriving that I started taking my painkillers for the AF pain.
    Hoping that it's positive news for you

Nic

Thanks nic. I'm still waiting - I think this is going to be a long cycle coz of my late Oing. Best wishes for this month nic

You too nelle ! BFP vibes your way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast