Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone get AF symptoms before a BFP ?

This thread is giving me some hope, though I don't know whether I should get my hopes up since I am almost 100% sure that AF will arrive any second.

Have been feeling that way since the weekend, with a horrible bloating and cramping. I've had some nausea which comes out of nowhere and hits me for half an hour. BBs hurting a bit, but this is all AF symptoms too... I have done the denial thing, stuck my fingers in my ears and shouted "I must've eaten something bad lalalalalalala"... But I'm getting more and more excited, but also more and more scared.

Eeeeeek, deni this is hard huh. I too never noticed when AF was coming before I started TTC, and would just go to the loo one day and go "oh, there you go, AF is here". The only thing that is a tell tale sign is the crying. I've had my emotional moments on the weekend, and last night when I cried for quite a while. And then some more crying because I am sure I am not pregnant.

Still, can't help but wonder and hope that I am...

Totally felt like af was coming. I had cramps and all the normal af symptoms but on 9 dpo I woke up in the night feeling really nausous! Tested the next morning and bfp. I have found the symptoms of early pregnancy is just like af but as the time passes(pregnancy progresses) the symptoms increase like ms, sore boobs, tiedness, and moody.
    Hope this is your month!

congratulations on your pregnancy Cherie !! Hope the nausea settles a bit for you.

Absolutely. Got the usual monthly pimples (about a week before AF starts) and started getting my usual heavy feeling down below. I thought it was on its way but then did a check of the calendar and realised I was 3 days overdue! I just put it down to my body going through the motions and preparing for a new stage.

I expected af as usual just didn't pay much attention to the date had all the symptoms of af like feeling bloated, mild cramping, sore boobs, emotional, but It took me 2 weeks past af to do the test because I just kept thinking it was a longer cycle, I was sure af was around the corner.

When are you going to test? good luck I have my fingers crossed for you!

I still have AF feelings, exactly like previous months so I'm still clutching at straws but it's helpful to know all your positive stories!!

Tiff - I'm CD28 today but I can't be sure when I'm due because this month was after last months' failed IUI and it seems to have had the effect of a much later ovulation this cycle, and apparently i released two eggs a day or two apart, so I'm going to wait until at least next Wednesday which will be well and truly when I'm due. Not having HPT's in the house is helpful in not caving in, but the wait is driving me crazy !!!

Hopefully I'll make it to next Wed and not get AF after all. Like I said though it just feels like any other month .. no cramping or spotting yet but a definate "heavy feeling" downstairs as Katie put it, but i'm still !!

I was lucky this time around I wasn't actually trying for baby so I didn't have the wait but it must be driving you nuts I don't think I could stand not testing every day till af is due or BFP your very strong

I'd love the first HPT I do to be two heavy dark lines, so there is no doubt or scrutinizing the stick under different lights - like I've done many cycles before !!! So I figure the longer I hold out the more chance I have of that happening (or AF arriving, I guess.. )

I am the same... I have tested the last two cycles, and looked at the HPTs at every single angle under all types of light, wondering "is that a positive?"... this tim I'd rather just have AF come, or test when I am VERY late...

Feeling a little more hopeful today, my chart is looking great, so I am so hoping this is it!

Great looking chart Alisa!! - hope this is your third time lucky for BFP and a sticky one at that!

good on you guys for waiting! plus if you got an early BFP your only around 4wks and the waiting game then starts all over again

nobellyyet Guest

Hi Everyone,
    Just wanting to know, i'm only recently starting to read more into conceiving etc. Husband and i looking at starting within a few months. However my last period was all messed up due to me having the flu etc right in the middle of everything and so this time i'm a couple of days overdue plus i've got all the same symptoms as if im getting my period. The only thing which has made me think that i may be in with a chance is that we slept together just as my ovulation period started, at around 12 days after sleeping together i had a blood/brown/red discharge lasted half a day. Now due for my period i have normal feelings bloated, slight cramping, very sore breasts and very emotional.. Done HPT but it shows negtive mind u been testing at night really late.. What are peoples thoughts? The wait is killing me!!!!
    Thanks Maria

I would do a pg test in the morning (first pee) and if still negative just wait it out a few more days or even a week if you can, if AF still doesn't show see the dr for a blood test. Sounds promising though. How long has it been since you ovulated?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12