Thread: bleeding - 6weeks

Default bleeding - 6weeks

Hi, I am about 6 hlf weeks preg, if my dates are correct, but I am thinking that this is right.
    I had my HCG levels checked on sat, and they were 8125. which I am happy about, seems to be in the correct range for appr 6weeks preg,
    last night during sex, I started to bleed, so far today there has been no more.. I have contacted my Re and will have to have a follow up blood test to see what has happened.
    has this happened to anyone else, to have fresh red blood during sex, which freaked us both out, and all still be ok.. (as u can imagine, no more sex for now !!! ) I do only have some slight cramping now, but no more then what I did with my DS who is now 17mnths when I was preg with him

Hiya, sorry I haven't got any advice for you. Hope your test goes OK. Have you checked out the "Bleeding in Pregnancy" thread? Might put your mind at rest at bit.

Apparently it is quite commn to have a bit of bleeding after sex when pregnant. The cervix has extra blood flowing to it and if bumped during sex can bleed a little. It's always worriesome to see blood when pregnant I know, I had three bleeds during my pregnancy and went on to have a happy healthy baby. I always checked with my doctor to make sure all was ok but it sounds like you just had a little bit and things will most likely be just fine. Let us know hw it goes at the Dr.

Hi, well yest afternoon, I passed some dark brown tissue, it was quite grose. so my GP sent me to have another they were about 8100 appr on sat, so 3days later 14800. so its not a 48 hr rise, possibly could be an impending miscarriage. I have no idea? could I still be miscarrying, I passed some more dark brown tissue yest. have had no more red blood or clotting & still all be ok,,. I am off to see my GP tomorrow, and they may organize a scan..

sending you a big hug and fingers crossed for your scan

Hi December. It's bloody terrifying to have bleeding in pg and not know where it's from or if the baby is OK. I had bleeding at 12wks with my second pg and thankfully everything turned out well but it really scared me. But that said, it can be completely normal, especially after DTD as you could have a small scratch or something else completely innocent going on. Also try not to worry about your levels - they wont always double and that is still a pretty significant rise in just 3 days.

Have a read of this article, http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...g-in-pregnancy it might help put your mind at rest until your scan.

Hi Dec,

I had a little bit a bleeding at the beginning of my pregnancy and its normal for that to happen during sex and there is a definite rise in those levels so I think everything is fine good luck!

I had bleeding at 20 weeks pg after sex and actually passed a clot that was almost the size of my palm. We freaked but the gyno assured us, said to keep an eye on it over next couple of days and that it was likely to be tissue (like a plug) coming away from cervix. Needless to say we didn't DTD again the rest of pg. A scan's a good idea for reassurance....

I passed some brownish tissue too during my bleeds. Can they send you for an U/S just to make sure?

Hi Dec - I had some bleeding at 7wks and a massive bleed at 14wks, and it all turned out ok, my DD is now 6mo.

Sometimes during sex you can rupture a blood vessel around your cervix which could explain the bleeding. But of course, your best to go and get yourself checked to make sure bub is ok.

Sending you heaps of sticky vibes,

Lisa

Hi had scan, all ok, measuring 6weeks 1 day( not 7weeks as i thought ) as my cycles are about 33days not 28days in length.. heart beat was 102BPM, they said to just watch the bleeding, so we are hoping it stops soon.. they say so far the baby looks good. !!

That's awesome! Congrats! I've been following this thread hoping everything would be ok so that's exciting to hear!!

Phew, that's a relief! It's good to have your mind put at rest with a scan, isn't it? (Don't worry about the measurements, btw, there's always some degree of inaccuracy - the machines have to work with averages, after all). Wishing you a blood-free pregnancy from now on!!

Hi, all ,thanks so much for the support.. still spotting, but just on and off, so if continues will speak to my obs this week.. i have done my calculations for the days again,and the days seem close enough as i am not on a 28day cycle, and i think that the heart rate is ok for 6weeks, its just this bloomin bleeding, so hope it eases up soon, i never bled at all with DS.. thanks again

I'm glad the scan went well. Some ladies experience bleeding in some pregnancies but all continues well so things will most likely be OK, especially since they saw a heartbeat. Good luck.

Glad to hear your scan showed baby was ok!