Haleyboper - wow everything you said is so so right. I too have had an abortion and really it is no different to a curette and I have had 2 of those also. I had bleeding like you described with your current pregnancy and the clotting you were talking about. I woke in a pool of red blood and passed a clot the size of my palm and as thick as my thumb. That was at 11ish weeks and the size of it you would have sworn was the size of the baby, but nope a scan showed all was well and now I have a very active 20mth old. Truely amazing. But that is what the gyno said to me at the time, is that I had an early placental abruption was put on bed rest. I am truely believe that is the only reason my son is here today. You are right the placenta tore away and healed itself but only with rest and lots of it. I also think I had a subchoronic haemorraghe inside my uterus, which showed on most scans (but small). Have they ever suggested anything like that to you. I sooo hope this pregnancy is successful for you and I am sorry to hear about your child who died at 23 weeks. What a terrible thing to go through.
I have had bleeding in all of my pregnancies so far but nothing to the extent of my surviving child.
Bookmarks