Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Changes to Baby Bonus

Yes, the grant is an incentive to raise Australias birth rate.

They give it out with one hand and take it back with another (medical fees etc).

Ella - You deserve every cent of that $4133

So true there Renee!!!! They always find a way to recover their costs!!

Well, i didn't hear anything in the budget last night about it going up, so does that mean its staying at the $4k mark??

it was scheduled to increase to $5k in 2008, i have not heard anything contrary to this.

It's $4133 at the moment, it will go up about $100 in September in line with CPI, then the big jump is July 1 2008, when is goes up to $5000. No changes announced in the budget.

Just people were talking earlier in this thread about the big jump happening a year earlier,

I assumed if it was going to change, they would mention it in the budget?? But maybe they will say it in the lead up to the election.

Or maybe the rumours are completely untrue, and it will change in 08 like planned.. who knows anymore?

The $5000 would be nice this year but I would miss the increase if it happened this year anyway. I have 3 more kids to go though so I might make it next year. I am just grateful we get anything. Back in Canada you get something like $150 a month and that is it. No Family Tax Benifits or Maternernity Payments like there is here...

Its going up to $5000 next year not this year.

I couldnt see it happening this year any way.....Oh well next year there will be no babies for me (lol..i said that this year to tho ), bout 2009!

After 2008 rise.. is there any more planned rises??

I am pretty sure it is not increasing until next year.

There were some rumors a while ago that a few people brought up, however I think this was miss interpreted by the media, as it was mentioned at the same time as the announcement that as at the 1st of July parents under 18 would get the bonus in fortnightly payments rather than a lump sum.

it is a bit dissapointing that no retractions have been published, as I remember there being a lot of confusion.

awwww that would be so nice but I am happy with the $4000 as I only got $800 for my other 2 and well thats no where near as good, I guess all we can do is hope and wait to see if it happens if not nothing lost nothing gained so all is still great.

I think the $5000 is the maximum, however it increases in line with CPI each year in March and September, so it keeps up with inflation.

Also, don't forget (not sure if it has been mentioned already) that we get $600 per child in our tax returns, can't remember what it is called.

I welcome any money we get - we have officially drained our savings two years later and are now living off one wage, so ours is just going in the bank along with tax money to give us a nice buffer to live off again, means we can relax a little for a while!

Cally July 1st 2008 it becomes $5000 & does not increase after that!

It is currently $4133 & will increase in September, but oonly buy a small amount!

The baby bonus has changed so that teenage mothers (under 18) will not be paid in a lump sum but in weekly or monthly installments to make sure it is spent on the child not 'luxury' items such as tvs, cars etc...but i dont think it is just teens who are buying these so called 'luxury' items lol.
    Plus the amount being paid until July 1st is $4100 and it does go up to $5000 after July
    1st 2007...it was in the paper after the new budget was announced.

oh I hope so that would be so great

snitzy Guest

Default Baby Bonus

Hey there
    Its def July 1st 2007

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast