Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Changes to Baby Bonus

Hmm im still not convinced... but would be great and come in handy

I think i'm going to call the FAO on the 1st of July and ask them.. Apparently they won't confirm it until it does go up anyway.

For the people who say it is going up, where did you read this? I only read the age online on budget night, not the next day, but saw no mention what-so-ever.

Also, if it goes to 5k on 1st July, do you think it still goes up in Sept for inflation?? I mean, i was happy with 3k when DS was born, but the more money they want to give us the better (espec. cos of Australias stupid no paid maternity leave provisions.. i think we deserve it!)

Nope I have a few friends working at Centrelink & 2 are pregnant so have looked into it...
    Teenage Mums will get the payment over a few months, at the moment it is $4133ish & ill go up in line with inflaion in Sept, but will then be capped at $5000 as of July 2008!

I get paid maternity leave as well, so I am happy with any assistance!

I don't care really how much it goes up by, this is our first one for the government' LMAO (we need the other three to fund our retirement ) so anything is better than nothing.

I haven't heard anything mentioned about it in the new budget, they would have made sure something like that would have been publicised. I bet when it goes up with the CPI in September, it will be after I have the baby LOL.

lj268 Guest

Actually I was at my local Centrelink office the other day and read one of the pamphlets and it said that the rise would be from 1st January 2008, and would be the $5000, plus a bit more, not sure what the bit more was for tho. Perhaps I should find that info again and sus it out a little better.

The little bit extra is usually from inflation and the Consumer Price Index (CPI), that's why the current figure is $4133 or whatever it is.

lj268 Guest

Just another thought, it really is great that we actually do get something for nothing outta the government! When I had my first 3 children, we got nothing, my 4th I think we got like $700 and the 5th was probably the same if not a couple of hundred more.
    I sometimes think they should reassess some of the reasons people are falling pregnant too, is it only for the money as I see far too often where I live????
    I see way too many new babies born then fostered out cause their mum or dad needed the money for other purposes!
    To be honest, I wouldnt care if I received the $4000+ or not, as long as I had a happy healthy baby in my arms at the end of it all lol.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345