Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on Your Belly Size!!!

Default Comments on Your Belly Size!!!

When i was pregnant i was quite big towards the end (as wide as i was tall) but obviously that is all part of pregnancy, as tummy must grow!
    I was never self concious about being pregnant, and have never obsessed over my weight. However.... I would always get comments like; "OMG You are massive" or "You r just HUGE". This started to annoy me towards the end, esp when i was 6 months preg and people used to say, OMG you look like your 9 Months! Did you get these comments late in pregnancy and Did it bother you?
    What would your come back comments be in reply to other peoples sarcasm!(so to speak) ??

(sorry, i hope i have posted this in the right place)

This is something I'm not looking forward to - complete strangers thinking they can walk up to you and comment on your body! I swear if anyone does that to me I'm going to make a remark about their belly.

"Well, at least I have a baby in here - what's your excuse?"
    "So, you're carrying yours in your backside, are you?"
    "Better a fat belly than a fat head."

I'm trying to come up with a really, really good one that will just have everyone looking at me in awe, but it's not hit yet. Then I'll be wanting someone to comment just so I can use it LOL. Ah well, I have a while before I really start showing yet, so there's still time!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

I am 22 weeks and no-one notices at all. I feel left out. I am SO PROUD of my bump. There just isn't a whole lot of it just yet. I feel i have to apologise for lack of bump - like i'm not REALLY pregnant (except i have loads of symptoms and there IS a baby in there!!!)

Maybe it's because it's winter (baggy clothes and coats). I DO look pregnant in my bathers.

I would always get comments about my size and I always got huge. At BIL wedding, I was 27 weeks and was really big and his MIL asked me how long and when I told her she nearly fainted LOL.

I remember I was in the pub once and I was about 37 weeks pg with Lindsay and was standing next to another local who had this really huge beer gut and he made some comment about my belly and I just told him I was giving him a run for his money - and he soon shut his gob LOL. Luckily though we know this bloke pretty well or otherwise I would have slapped him I think.

Oh Yes, I was queen of these comments when I was pg. Especially with Tehya, and yes I'll admit it I was huge, I was carrying heaps of fluid and my belly was enormous. I am usually a fairly thin person so yes it did stick out on me. But really if a person was just fat you wouldn't go up to them and say Geez your big, or comments like that. It got so that from about 7 months on the comments were getting ridiculous patience had worn thin. I would often turn around with a smart a$$ comment back, as would my mum or whatever girlfried I was out with. I remember being out at the shops one day and this group of women actually turned in their seats to watch me go down a travelator, I just looked at them and said "yes I am pregnant" LOL I was nearly full term. Or when some one would say Geez your huge, how much longer, I would say either Oh I've still got 6 months to go Or yeah I was due 3 weeks ago The look of panic on their faces. Of course I wasn't always that nice.

Then you get people who would comment of the shape of your bump, Oh your having a girl/boy. FOr those who said I was having a boy I would just say well I hope not the scan said girl. One woman I know argued black and blue with me that Tehya was a boy. Clearly she was wrong.

I started showing around 12 weeks and there was another girl at work who was about 8 weeks ahead of me and everyone comments how she always looked tiny and didnt look pregnant at all. Even when she left for maternity leave a few weeks ago when i think she was around 34 weeks people always said how she was tiny and just had a belly. Even though i know, well i think, those comments arent directed at me showing all very early in my pregnancy i cant help but wonder.. my work place is very nasty so i wouldnt be surprised. Most of my friends say from behind i dont look like im pregnant.
    But if anyone says anything to be directly like, wow youre getting fat i say the same as Ryn "Least i have an excuse!"

Ryn; "Carrying yours in your backside" LOL love it, i must remember that one for next time!!!
    Gigi; Never thought about people who dont have a belly!Guess that would be annoying too!
    Tulip; IKWYM about everyone being an expert on your baby, its usually those who dont even have kids that comment.
    Trish; "Bump" wise everyone was telling me i was having a girl, but they were all wrong anyway!
    Kell; Yes i remember being compared to another girl a - a friends sister, who was also preg at the same time as me. I was "huge" because i was small, her sister wasnt showing cos she was quite a lot taller than me. Towered over me actually, so i would assume that someone who is tall would carry it better that a shorty like me!
    Emma; Dont worry, People are most likely jealous of your cute belly.
    Sherieb; Giving him a run for his money!LOL thats a good one.

Lorin Guest

I am 25 weeks and my belly is growing slowly. The top of my belly there is nothing its all carrying very low and long ways i think it lays longs way cause my belly shape feels as if its heads on one side all the time

Walking along the street, a woman passing me said "wow, your almost due?" and I said "I've got 15 weeks", she said "to go?!"....I just found it got boring more than anything, being expected to explain myself to complete strangers....it's very tiring!

I haven't had any comments from strangers... but friends and that are all excited to see my belly, no-one has said anything about it's size, except that if they haven't seen me for a bit, they comment about how much it's grown, always in a nice way though.

I am yet to be offended... but we do have three months to go!!

Hehe, I get those comments all the time too...mostly about how big my belly is (but also that it must be a boy/girl because of the way it's positioned/sits). I KNOW my belly is HUGE (I've put on 12 kgs already at 29 weeks and it's all in my belly - I'm 77 kgs now!!!!) but people still have the urge to tell me that anyway. Maybe they think that I don't notice this bump sticking out from my tummy?!?!??!

I guess you can't win...someone is always going to say something, whether it be that your tummy is 'too big' or 'too small', 'very high' or 'very low', 'very round' or 'very flat' etc. I've heard it all with my close friends who have had babies recently.

I love your comebacks Ryn! How cool!! I must remember those and try to think up some others...hehe...

What gets me the most is people wanting to touch my belly...I don't mind my friends/family/close workmates touching my belly at all...but when someone I don't know or a workmate who has rarely even spoken to me before goes to touch my belly it's a bit weird... Do you girls get that too?

yesterday i had two strangers ask me how far along i was and when bubs is due.
    It actually felt really nice that other people other than friends family & work collegues have noticed. It felt really good to be able to smile and be proud of what i was telling them.
    I have had many comments from friends and family about my belly size..
    "you are sooo tiny"
    "you dont look 7 months"
    etc

its doesnt bother me at all. I know bubs is the right size cause my ob says so!! thats what i tell em! hehe
    And i know they only mean well. Im so proud of my belly and i love dressing up and making myself feel pretty.

With my last bub, he was transverse (sideways) for all barr the last 2 weeks, and as I am only very short, I looked really rounded like a beachball, and when he stretched, you could actually see both feet poking out!!, when he actually turned, I was HUGELY all out front, and he would kick under my boob (it is really hard to hide it when you are sitting in a waiting room, and your boob is jumping up and down lol) I got comments about how I did not look very pg at all though, because of the way he was laying, I just looked fat, so when i got asked by strangers, I just told them I had pigged out on too much on chockie grinning at the same time of course lol.
    But yes, I love Ryn's "carrying all in your ass" comment, priceless!!

Yep Ally you are probably describing what is happening currently for me...... Only a few minutes ago I was rubbing my tummy, as I had a BH and a gent from work said "ggeezzz are you OK, not in labour are you......." ...

Sherie, I'm with you on that. We don't walk up and touch any other persons belly so why touch our preg belly. I know that most people just think that it's beautiful but atleast ask before touching, the same goes for when bub is on the outside.

My FIL who is a very big man (around 150kg) used to say as I walked in hello fatso, of course I was quick to reply with the same thing back or atleast mine will go soon

Trish. LOL re FIL comment. There are a few overweight men at work who call me fatso, I put them in them place by saying "...yeah maybe, but at least my weight problem goes away in a few month...!!!" I don't mind people touching my tummy, as long as they don't pat it really hard - bizarre behaviour of some people hey.

Ah gotta love the comments, yeah right! I always got how small I was with Lucie and made me sooooo paranoid, and everyone swore I was having a boy too! This time I have total strangers coming up to me and saying stuff like 'Wow you are going to be busy, that can't have been planned can it'. How rude! I need a really good comeback because, yes it was planned (like I care what strangers think anyway though!)

My cousin is quite looking forward to calling me fatty... that doesn't bother me so much, just strangers doing it, or malicious comments would.

Wheatie, could you not just just turn around and tell people that just because they weren't sure how it happened doesn't mean everyone's as ignorant and your babies have both been very much planned and wanted.

I love making rude people feel stupid!

My SiL is really short and showed very early, I'm tall and don't have much fat on me, but it will be a while before I really show anything I think. Ah well, just have to keep telling myself that it just means fewer people who want to touch me and baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast