Thread: Cramping like pains in early pregnancy

Default Cramping like pains in early pregnancy

Im about 5.5 weeks and have just in the past 3 or 4 days started to get dull aches around my ovaries - sort of like cramps. Has anybody experienced this? I've asked the nurses at the clinic and my GP and they say its quite normal, but its still a little unsettling, especially now I'm feeling the pain constantly on my left side. Thanks.

Hi Lisa
    Don't worry hun this is quite commom. It is caused by everything starting to grow and stretch. Providing that you are not bleeding everything is fine.

Lisa - Try not to worry, if your Dr's etc arent too concerned. I was getting stitch like pains near my ovaries that would alternate sides from before I knew I was pg with my current pg. I still now get it alternate from side to side but not as much since I have become further along in my pg. Just remember if anything worries you see your GP for reassurance hun. They may even send you for an early u/s to ease your mind abit. GL with the rest of your Pg.

I had quite bad cramps at the beginning of this pregnancy - like I was getting AF or something!!!!
    But I've always gone along with the theory that if there is no blood and cramping its all good.. when you get cramping + blood - may not be so good.
    I'm sure its all good.

I had these in the early stages of my pregnancy and was told that it was the feeling of the uterus stretching. I was also worried but providing you aren't bleeding and the GP isn't concerned then it is probably just the stretching pains.

I had a pain like you explained at 4.5 weeks, it went after a few days & came back at 11.5weeks when the actual clot burst.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about we all seem to experience something like this